Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

1 minute ago, barry'sboots said:

As for the original argument as to whether Cash or Traore have made a better start, I would plump for Cash, but I think (1) it is generally easier for defenders to settle in, especially when the rest of the defence has looked so good; and (2) Bertie has had to come back to the UK and acclimatise. 

I love defensive players, water carriers. Loved Whelan. Traore is the most flamboyant player we've had in ages. In my 8 a side team he's the guy that does nothing off the ball and I'm raging at him then he scores a worldie.

I like him a lot. When he has a stinker he has a really bad game, but I guess that's no different from other players in the squad too. 

I do like how unpredictable he is, it makes for great viewing. He's utterly bonkers and hilarious to watch at times. When he's on it, it's pure entertainment. 

12 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

I don’t know how anyone cannot love Bertie, he’s irresistible 🤣

Sublime skills, technical ability & flair 👌

That kind of talent can’t be taught, discipline & defensive responsibility can. He will get better (exciting!).

I’d be happy for some genuine competition though, squad is light.

Would also like to see how he could perform in the centre, behind/around Ollie. Maybe we could play him where he doesn’t need to help out the defence so much. 

Buendia would help us massively both in attack and defence (pressing).

I love him going forward……..

As you say, we need to find a way to delegate his defensive duties to someone else.

4 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

He is so entertaining… makes me enjoy watching Villa even more.

Obviously Jack is amazing but this kid is something different… the flashes of brilliance are just thrilling.

And he doesn’t give a shit 🤣 He’s not intimidated by any player or opposition, he’ll gladly flick the ball over their heads or produce a moment of magic and leave them bamboozled… come on man, it’s beautiful! 🤣🤣🤣

I remember when we signed him there were Lyon fans saying good riddance, bad apple, but then there were some fans saying he was badly treated, if you can get him playing again he's quality. I love that he's clearly happy with us and playing off the cuff. I give credit to the scouts and Smith and management for this

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I do like how unpredictable he is, it makes for great viewing. He's utterly bonkers and hilarious to watch at times. When he's on it, it's pure entertainment

Bertie can go from Messi to messy and back again, all in the same passage of play. Wonderful, frustrating, even petrifying at times but rarely boring. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

I remember when we signed him there were Lyon fans saying good riddance, bad apple, but then there were some fans saying he was badly treated, if you can get him playing again he's quality. I love that he's clearly happy with us and playing off the cuff. I give credit to the scouts and Smith and management for this

That’s key, you can see that he gets on with everyone and that they love him.

Was our star attacking player against Chelsea, in front of the VP crowd.

If he’s happy, confident and has the backing of the fans, he will truly excel…

He is an entertainer, a crowd pleaser…

Russell Crowe Gladiator GIF

Edited by Jas10

1 minute ago, barry'sboots said:

That West Brom goal was the goal of the season for me ... I don't recall anyone finishing like that before and I loved watching Johnstone just staring at the ball trickling over the line without moving!

It made me chuckle several times, couldn’t help myself 🤣

Audacious!

Edited by Jas10

3 hours ago, Steero113 said:

Please, PLEASE stop mentioning Wilfried **** Zaha. 

The guy is a cancer within football, a cheat, would want astronomical wages, could likely disrupt a close knit changing room and is almost 29 so outside our usual model. 

I don't want that prick anywhere near Villa. 

I guess that's a no from you then? 🤔😉

Its the first time I have mentioned him.  I don't see why you think he is a cheat or would disrupt a dressing room - I haven't seen any evidence of either of those things through his career at Palace? 

He would want big wages, but that is kind of where we are moving to now as, hopefully, an established top half PL club and a "big club" but are you saying you wouldn't want us to compete with the likes of Everton and West Ham on wages for this type of player?  I do also agree that, at his age, he would be outside of our normal model.  He is, however, a real talent and certainly makes Palace tick and, in doing so, in this respect is probably the most directly comparable to Jack and ourselves - their record without him is atrocious.  I think Kiwivillan quoted his stats for the season earlier (they are better than Jack's for last season) but he is operating in a team where he largely has to do everything for himself offensively. 

He is certainly PL ready and proven and is seemingly available at a not outrageous transfer fee.

We would certainly, with him and Jack, be the most fouled team in the PL if nothing else!!

13 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Anyway, let’s sign Buendia & De Arrascaeta please 😆

Just been reading the speculation on De Arrascaeta but never heard of him before.  The narrative looks good - but then it always does with these kind of links.  Has he always played in South America - and why is he so relatively late in potentially coming across to Europe?  Have you seen him play much?  What does he bring? 

3 minutes ago, barry'sboots said:

Just been reading the speculation on De Arrascaeta but never heard of him before.  The narrative looks good - but then it always does with these kind of links.  Has he always played in South America - and why is he so relatively late in potentially coming across to Europe?  Have you seen him play much?  What does he bring? 

He brings a fancy, exotic name, what more do you need to know? Get him on board!

Just now, barry'sboots said:

Posted a few articles a few pages back, Flamengo is a big club and pay their players well, he’s been settled and happy there - I don’t think moving to Europe is the be all & end all for many players.

I’ve only seen videos and clips, his  stats are amazing and he is considered the best no.10 in South America.

I don’t know if the move is likely, has apparently only gone so far as an initial enquiry and probably 20-25m fee.

2 minutes ago, barry'sboots said:

Flamengo bought him for like 14 million pounds (based on the conversion rate at the time) a record fee. I think the reason he hasn't left is because no one really wants to pay much more than they bought him for a player who hasn't proved himself outside of South America. 

16 minutes ago, barry'sboots said:

I guess that's a no from you then? 🤔😉

Its the first time I have mentioned him.  I don't see why you think he is a cheat or would disrupt a dressing room - I haven't seen any evidence of either of those things through his career at Palace? 

He would want big wages, but that is kind of where we are moving to now as, hopefully, an established top half PL club and a "big club" but are you saying you wouldn't want us to compete with the likes of Everton and West Ham on wages for this type of player?  I do also agree that, at his age, he would be outside of our normal model.  He is, however, a real talent and certainly makes Palace tick and, in doing so, in this respect is probably the most directly comparable to Jack and ourselves - their record without him is atrocious.  I think Kiwivillan quoted his stats for the season earlier (they are better than Jack's for last season) but he is operating in a team where he largely has to do everything for himself offensively. 

He is certainly PL ready and proven and is seemingly available at a not outrageous transfer fee.

We would certainly, with him and Jack, be the most fouled team in the PL if nothing else!!

I legit reckon you watched the Palace game and are suggesting him and barely follow him otherwise

4 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Posted a few articles a few pages back, Flamengo is a big club and pay their players well, he’s been settled and happy there - I don’t think moving to Europe is the be all & end all for many players.

I’ve only seen videos and clips, his  stats are amazing and he is considered the best no.10 in South America.

I don’t know if the move is likely, has apparently only gone so far as an initial enquiry and probably 20-25m fee.

Given age and the big factor of changing continents, I think, if we were after a "10", I would favour a move for Pereira who appears to be available for a similar price?