Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

12 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Seem to remember that one of the players we'd been linked with last couple of years had attitude issues, I'm probably wrong but I think it was this guy.

He did get into a bit of trouble for throwing a birthday party and breaking Covid protocol while Turin was under curfew. Was banned and fined by the club.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, sne said:

He did get into a bit of trouble for throwing a birthday party and breaking Covid protocol while Turin was under curfew. Was banned and fined by the club.

Ah, not so bad then. A young lad doing something stupid we can handle. Bad attitudes we do not need.

1 minute ago, Phil Silvers said:

Ah, not so bad then. A young lad doing something stupid we can handle. Bad attitudes we do not need.

Read that the US national coach was praising him for his leadership skills so that's a positive.

Italian clubs usually have little or no patience for players acting unprofessional, even young ones. English clubs are moving in that direction too I think with more and more foreign managers and club leaders. If Grealish would have pulled some of the stuff he did here under someone like Capello he would have been spanked and sent home crying.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

I've seen him a few times v us and plenty on TV. He has looked like England's best player in some of them qualifiers and was robbed of a Euros spot by Southgate. He is a good player, better then what we have imo.

He looked the part in those pre Euros games. He’ll be desperate to make the next England squad, and we all know Southgate’s stance on that (sign for Villa and I’ll pick you, but I won’t start you unless you sign for Citeh). He’d do well at Villa, even if he ends up joining Citeh for a profit it would be worth it IMO.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Never really seen him - other than Youtube - what type of player is he.  I assume, from what I have seen, that he is an attacking "8" but would he compare to, say, JWP? 

48 minutes ago, romavillan said:

There's a reason why they're selling him though, and that's because they don't think he is good enough for them.

I don't think its that necessarily as from what I understand Allegri likes him pretty good; think its more that with signing Locatelli he might perhaps be surplus to requirements and any reasonable transfer fee will be taken into consideration. Since he's American, I tend to have kept up with him at Schalke and Juve and both clubs fans rate and like him as far as I can tell.

I think he would be great signing. Can play all over the midfield, can score and defend, and has a hardass demeanor if you will at times, that we need when games get tough.I would love love love for us to get him. As I said earlier in the thread, I do think it will take at least 25 but prob more than 30 to get him. I think he's worth it.

Edited by Big Salad
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, sne said:

Read that the US national coach was praising him for his leadership skills so that's a positive.

Italian clubs usually have little or no patience for players acting unprofessional, even young ones. English clubs are moving in that direction too I think with more and more foreign managers and club leaders. If Grealish would have pulled some of the stuff he did here under someone like Capello he would have been spanked and sent home crying.

It really is as Berhalter doesn't pull any punches with his players if you do something wrong. Pulisic is obviously the USMNT captain right now but Weston right there with him imo.

2 minutes ago, barry'sboots said:

Never really seen him - other than Youtube - what type of player is he.  I assume, from what I have seen, that he is an attacking "8" but would he compare to, say, JWP? 

More similar to McGinn that JWP. Great energy, aggression and mobility but not super fast. A good athlete and solid at most things but not fantastic at anything. Probably very annoying to play against.

Lyon looking to sell Aouar for £25m. Not the profile we need, but Arsenal rumoured to be back in the hunt for him (with Spurs). 

Two points: it puts the rumoured price of Pape Sarr into perspective for the French league; if Arse do get him, ESR is riding the bench this season. Potential for a Delph style move late in the window to sort our left side out? 

8 minutes ago, Awol said:

Lyon looking to sell Aouar for £25m. Not the profile we need, but Arsenal rumoured to be back in the hunt for him (with Spurs). 

Two points: it puts the rumoured price of Pape Sarr into perspective for the French league; if Arse do get him, ESR is riding the bench this season. Potential for a Delph style move late in the window to sort our left side out? 

No way in hell is ESR moving now whatever happens.

30 minutes ago, sne said:

No worse than the antics of he who shall not be named! 

28 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

I've seen him a few times v us and plenty on TV. He has looked like England's best player in some of them qualifiers and was robbed of a Euros spot by Southgate. He is a good player, better then what we have imo.

I agree. I think it was the Southampton away games (can't remember whether it was last season or the season before) where he played at right back and had a really good game against Jack that made me realise what a good all rounder he is.

• Like 1

The people trying to search for attitude problems, or character flaws in McKennie, better not be the same ones, who still think that Jack Grealish was sober, at Ross McCormacks house, flouting lockdown rules, after making a speech about abiding to lockdown rules, and playing bumper cars with the neighbors cars in the morning... lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, barry'sboots said:

No worse than the antics of he who shall not be named! 

Just realised you beat me to it, it's hilarious. 

I wonder if because now he's pissed off, they'll apply some actual logic to evaluating his behaviour now?

26 minutes ago, nick76 said:

No way in hell is ESR moving now whatever happens.

Agreed, I wasn’t being entirely serious. Damsgaard would be nice though if the owners are feeling frivolous after signing JWP and Doucoure. 

Lunchtime boredom - Private flights in to Birmingham from Nice (Nice and Monaco) and Salzburg (RB Salzburg) today.

Speculate away on the likes of Mohamed Camara!

46 minutes ago, Big Salad said:

I don't think its that necessarily as from what I understand Allegri likes him pretty good; think its more that with signing Locatelli he might perhaps be surplus to requirements and any reasonable transfer fee will be taken into consideration. Since he's American, I tend to have kept up with him at Schalke and Juve and both clubs fans rate and like him as far as I can tell.

I think he would be great signing. Can play all over the midfield, can score and defend, and has a hardass demeanor if you will at times, that we need when games get tough.I would love love love for us to get him. As I said earlier in the thread, I do think it will take at least 25 but prob more than 30 to get him. I think he's worth it.

Yeah to be fair they might not even want to sell him, rumours seem to be linked with Allegri wanting Pjanic and needing to sell to make room. Pirlo played him, he's had a good preseason and Allegri was joking the other day that he wanted 10 goals out of McKennie this season. 

• Like 1