Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

I have alway said I do not rate Tammy and it’s is my opinion will only get you so far as a club and the finances involved isn’t worth it for me. Smith likes & knows him - fair enough. It’s the safe move to make I get it but also shows a slight blind spot and I question the judgement. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, thabucks said:

I have alway said I do not rate Tammy and it’s is my opinion will only get you so far as a club and the finances involved isn’t worth it for me. Smith likes & knows him - fair enough. It’s the safe move to make I get it but also shows a slight blind spot and I question the judgement. 

Fair enough, it is a lot of money.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Fair enough. I think if the price is right Tammy would be a huge asset for us (although I do think Ollie is the better player) . But I just dont think the economics work for Chelsea and us, we are in different places for what we need. 

Edited by ciggiesnbeer
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, thabucks said:

but we are not that good, to not find Tammy useful....perhaps going for the title, you might have a point....but Tammy would improve us, but I still rate Ollie highly too.

Chelsea are in the Haarland, Kane, Lewondowski bracket now.....don't be influenced by Chelsea's snub of Tammy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, flashingqwerty said:

I'd love Tammy back.  Natural goal scorer and a bit strnger and better in the air than Ollie.  A nice alternative to change things up.

I wouldn't go near Axel.  His injury record is abysmal.

I agree, would give us some aerial dominance.

• Like 2

Tammy will want say circa £120k per week or £6mill a season. Watkins will be watching closely and he will expect at least parity and a rise from his £75k per week to around £125k per week if not more. So That’s over £8mill per annum to the wage bill. Then Mings, McGinn, Luiz, Konsa, etc will think hang on a min, and their agents will look for increases in their wages. We are a well run machine currently and don’t see any reason why that won’t continue but I do question the viability of signing someone who I do not feel can progress us sufficiently. 

Just now, thabucks said:

Tammy will want say circa £120k per week or £6mill a season. Watkins will be watching closely and he will expect at least parity and a rise from his £75k per week to around £125k per week if not more. So That’s over £8mill per annum to the wage bill. Then Mings, McGinn, Luiz, Konsa, etc will think hang on a min, and their agents will look for increases in their wages. We are a well run machine currently and don’t see any reason why that won’t continue but I do question the viability of signing someone who I do not feel can progress us sufficiently. 

You’ve literally made all of that up.

• Haha 3

Axel will be 24 in a few months and has about 70 senior appearances to his name, some of which are coming on as sub. I know people will quote what happened to Mings as an example of how things can change but he had a couple of serious one off injuries. Axel just seems to get lots of niggles. Would be a bonkers move in my view unless he was on a free!

1 minute ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

You’ve literally made all of that up.

Ok … how does football and agents work then ? You seriously are deluded if you think Watkins agent won’t be pushing for a new contract.. 

Edited by thabucks
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, thabucks said:

I don’t care how football agents work, you’re basing your entire comment on what YOU think players will or won’t want/do.

You have literally no idea what a player wants or how they’ll feel in any given scenario.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

Axel will be 24 in a few months and has about 70 senior appearances to his name, some of which are coming on as sub. I know people will quote what happened to Mings as an example of how things can change but he had a couple of serious one off injuries. Axel just seems to get lots of niggles. Would be a bonkers move in my view unless he was on a free!

Tyrone Mings had about 80 career appearances when he joined us.

4 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

I don’t care how football agents work, you’re basing your entire comment on what YOU think players will or won’t want/do.

You have literally no idea what a player wants or how they’ll feel in any given scenario.

I worked in the game for OUFC and still have one or two contacts and friends within it and quite high up so yes I am very aware what players and agents are like thanks. I hear sporadic Villa related things if they are coming from Europe as I know someone who works for a European agency… But ok you tell me how football and agents work please? 

Just now, thabucks said:

I worked in the game for OUFC and still have one or two contacts and friends within it and quite high up so yes I am very aware what players and agents are like thanks. I hear sporadic Villa related things if they are coming from Europe as I know someone who works for a European agency… But ok you tell me how football and agents work please? 

So you KNOW what Tammy is going to ask for?

You KNOW that Watkins will be watching closely?

You KNOW he will want parity?

You KNOW he will want a pay rise to around £125k per week?

Did your contacts at OUFC give you the info? Do me a favour!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

He was making a prediction, not claiming he can tell the future.

2 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

I’m gunna have to break it simply for you as you just don’t get it do you. It’s been widely reported that Tammy is on between £80k per week and is looking for £120k pw… Newly capped England international Watkins agent, whose job is to do the best for his player will take one look at Tammy joining and will ask for at least parity if not more. That’s a fact of the game … 

He will use the Liverpool rumours to get his client the contract he wants. It’s not opinion it’s how football works. It really is that simple. An agents job is to maximise his clients earning potential. Why would he not ? 

Just now, thabucks said:

I’m gunna have to break it simply for you as you just don’t get it do you. It’s been widely reported that Tammy is on between £80k per week and is looking for £120k pw… Newly capped England international Watkins agent, whose job is to do the best for his player will take one look at Tammy joining and will ask for at least parity if not more. That’s a fact of the game … 

He will use the Liverpool rumours to get his client the contract he wants. It’s not opinion it’s how football works. It really is that simple. An agents job is to maximise his clients earning potential. Why would he not ? 

What you are saying are not facts. They are your opinion.

Also, I’m very confident that my ability to understand anything is more than adequate.

• Like 1