Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

20 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

The best ITK shout we ever had was that young lad who posted the names of 4/5 players on Twitter - one of which was Douglas Luiz. I think he was Dean Smith's son's mate. 
Nobody took it seriously at the time due to the Luiz link because nobody thought we could sign him due to the work permit issues and the fact he was with Man City. 

Sometimes, when I'm down and lonely, I think about that tweet. 

Halcyon days. 

That probably contributed to how tightly we hold info on transfers now, tbh. Would’ve been hugely embarrassing for Dean with the owners and Purslow. 

2 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

God damnit, yes and you weren't in the 3.

Are you trying to sound younger then you are by calling it the old TV series..

Ps.  Who the actor

Is it William Shatner?   I meant to say, a young William Shatner!  

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

The best ITK shout we ever had was that young lad who posted the names of 4/5 players on Twitter - one of which was Douglas Luiz. I think he was Dean Smith's son's mate. 
Nobody took it seriously at the time due to the Luiz link because nobody thought we could sign him due to the work permit issues and the fact he was with Man City. 

Sometimes, when I'm down and lonely, I think about that tweet. 

Halcyon days. 

3 minutes ago, Awol said:

That probably contributed to how tightly we hold info on transfers now, tbh. Would’ve been hugely embarrassing for Dean with the owners and Purslow. 

Imagine being a dickhead 'journalist' and a spotty teenager gazumps you. 

Absolute tossends these so called journalists.

1 minute ago, Phil Silvers said:

God damnit, yes and you weren't in the 3.

Are you trying to sound younger then you are by calling it the old TV series..

Ps.  Who the actor

Haha. I am 45 years old so must have seen a repeat of it when I was younger, I recall something attacking the plane and the wing. The actor is a young William Shatner.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Liam100 said:

Is it William Shatner?   I meant to say, a young William Shatner!  

2 minutes ago, NeilS said:

Haha. I am 45 years old so must have seen a repeat of it when I was younger, I recall something attacking the plane and the wing. The actor is a young William Shatner.

Both correct, no one else on the plane knew anything about it but Shats, who shat himself.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sulberto21 said:

Imagine being a dickhead 'journalist' and a spotty teenager gazumps you. 

Absolute tossends these so called journalists.

Not many journos sat eating Turkey dinosaurs in Deano’s kitchen as their mate’s dad reels off the entire summer target list. He probably went to the bog and knocked one out before pudding. 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Both correct, no one else on the plane knew anything about it but Shats, who shat himself.

I don't remember that, but I do remember the remake with John Lithgow in the movie

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, ozvillafan said:

I don't remember that, but I do remember the remake with John Lithgow in the movie

And the futurama parody:

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

There's a new version from the director of Us and Get Out. Supposed to be very good, Jordan Peele is a phenomenal director, worth checking out

I actually heard it was rubbish (but I should watch it and see for myself)! I'd been looking forward to it. I'm a bit of a fan of the Twilight Zone. I might have been one of @Phil Silvers three, but to age me less I watched them on DVD. 

As for Jordan Peele, I enjoyed Get Out but I felt much less enthusiastic about Us. 

Edited by Rolta

57 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Was that why he changed his name to William Shatner from Peter Poopants? 

1 minute ago, Rolta said:

I actually heard it was rubbish! I'd been looking forward to it. I'm a bit of a fan of the Twilight Zone. I might have been one of @Phil Silvers three, but to age me less I watched them on DVD. 

I watched the pilot when it came out and thought it was below par, no where near the quirkiness or tension in the original.

I didn't they had dvd's that far back.

Did you ever watch the outer limits?

1 hour ago, Awol said:

Not many journos sat eating Turkey dinosaurs in Deano’s kitchen as their mate’s dad reels off the entire summer target list. He probably went to the bog and knocked one out before pudding. 

I think that this was a line in a Robert Frost poem

11 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Did you ever watch the outer limits?

I was pretty young when this came out. I think I remember when it first appeared on UK TV though. I was mesmerised but possibly a little afraid too. I remember it as not being up there with TZ. Is that fair?

8 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Are you sure it wasn’t Betamax?

Genuinely closer to bluray!