Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

After watching us tonight , just imagine next season how lethal we could be if we add this Giorgian De Arrascaeta fella and say Brandt (or?) into the mix... Another genuine CONSISTENT Quality player to be up there with Jack week in week out on a level🤤... Oh and NO toTammy!!!

Edited by thabucks

8 hours ago, Villan4Life said:

Eze is a very good player. I've suggested him a lot on Villa Talk this last few years.

I suggested him to via a contract at P.F.S.A Scouting Association  to VfB Stuttgart in December 2018 on a project i was asked to do for joint P.F.S.A & Stuttgart FC on The Best "Championship Players with Potential".

I also suggested to them Ezri Konsa & Ollie Watkins (both Brentford) at the time.

VfB Stuttgart came back via our contact (An ex Man Utd Scout) and said that they wasn't interested in the player's i suggested.

I wish you'd come and scout for Wrexham. With celeb owners, a 2 season documentary (minimum) for exposure, increased budget, we could do with your insight. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MaVilla said:

ok, so now the season is nearly over, i personally think we need the following:

• Left Back - preferably a youngish left back to develop and back up to Targett, or an older left back who is possibly cheaper/free who doesnt mind being a backup - £5-15m.
  • Defensive Midfielder - a critical position to get in i think, someone like Bissouma, or whoever, but we need to purchase quality - £20-40m
  • Left Winger - I would move Grealish to a no.10, and purchase a talented left winger - £20-40m (De Arrascaeta?)
  • Right Winger - i would buy another right winger to challenge Traore - 20-40m. (Buendia?, Olise?)

Proposed spend, £65 - 135m.

Squad (position coverage):

GK : Martinez, Steer, youth.

LB : Targett, NEW.

CB : Mings, Konsa, Hause, Engels.

RB : Cash, Guilbert.

DM : NEW, Luiz, McGinn, Sanson, Nakamba.

LW : NEW, Trez, El Ghazi, Grealish.

AM : Grealish, McGinn, Sanson, Ramsey, Traore, Chuka.

RW : NEW, Traore, Trez, El Ghazi.

ST : Watkins, Wesley, Davis.

Sell/Release : Hourihane, Elmo, Taylor, Heaton (as he seems to be off anyway!).

Loan out: Any high potential u23s, who arent planned to be in the first team squad, if we can get a good loan for them.

I like this, Taylor is going to go and I reckon Hause could easy do the job as backup to Target.

I would sell Nakamba and bring a better than Luiz CDM in, yet at same time I am more than Happy for Chuk to take Nakambas place.

Left Winger, now im all for Ghazi staying next season I do not think we need to buy one. I would so have Barry come on through and get some minutes, he needs it and Smith should place the faith in him.

Right Winger, now this is where I think we need to buy and spend alot of money there. If we do buy a new right winger he has to be better or on the level of our Grealish. That means then that Traore would be on the subs bench fighting and competing with new right Winger and that would be an ace position for Smith to be in. Bidace is right Wing isn't he despite the fact he can play left wing. But yeah I say we could have another youngster warming the bench if we don't buy in the summer and get Bidace some minutes for when we sub Traore off.

Now where would I buy another signing or two after that above is sorted. Well give the only thing we've bought is probably a right winger and splashed there I would most likely buy a new creative attacking midfielder. Well now some will be saying well Jack is back to the center and then I'm going to say well we need someone who can come on if he's injured so we don't struggle again like we did do. We so need a new type of Grealish but a player who does his own thing in his own way as I've said over recent weeks.

Also I think Jas mentioned it but this Koopmeiners sounds promising, a CDM, central midfielder he'd probably fit our CDM easy if we were to buy there. We need some type of holding midfielder, who good at everything a CDM/Midfielder should be.

The more I think of it the more I'm sold on bringing a few youth through with minutes and spending what we have on the RW and midfield without a doubt I believe this is what must be done.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Dave-R said:

I like this, Taylor is going to go and I reckon Hause could easy do the job as backup to Target.

I would sell Nakamba and bring a better than Luiz CDM in, yet at same time I am more than Happy for Chuk to take Nakambas place.

Left Winger, now im all for Ghazi staying next season I do not think we need to buy one. I would so have Barry come on through and get some minutes, he needs it and Smith should place the faith in him.

Right Winger, now this is where I think we need to buy and spend alot of money there. If we do buy a new right winger he has to be better or on the level of our Grealish. That means then that Traore would be on the subs bench fighting and competing with new right Winger and that would be an ace position for Smith to be in. Bidace is right Wing isn't he despite the fact he can play left wing. But yeah I say we could have another youngster warming the bench if we don't buy in the summer and get Bidace some minutes for when we sub Traore off.

Now where would I buy another signing or two after that above is sorted. Well give the only thing we've bought is probably a right winger and splashed there I would most likely buy a new creative attacking midfielder. Well now some will be saying well Jack is back to the center and then I'm going to say well we need someone who can come on if he's injured so we don't struggle again like we did do. We so need a new type of Grealish but a player who does his own thing in his own way as I've said over recent weeks.

Also I think Jas mentioned it but this Koopmeiners sounds promising, a CDM, central midfielder he'd probably fit our CDM easy if we were to buy there. We need some type of holding midfielder, who good at everything a CDM/Midfielder should be.

The more I think of it the more I'm sold on bringing a few youth through with minutes and spending what we have on the RW and midfield without a doubt I believe this is what must be done.

But Chuck is an 8/10 apparently not a 6.
We aren't selling El Ghazi without buying two wingers as Trez is out anyway.

Your new attacking midfielder could be Chuck and we have a whole bunch of players who can play that role already.

I suggest we buy two wide players and a 6.

Sell El Ghazi, Davis, Samatta (Already done), Conor, Nakamba, Taylor (Released), Elmo (Released), Heaton (Released), Engels.

And further buy in a left back and centre back

Edited by paul514
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Come again? Of the first teamers we talk of here only Kante was sold. The second season saw Drinkwater departure iirc. Mahrez wasn't until way later. Vardy is still there, Schmeichel is there. Albrighton is there. 

If anything Leicester did the opposite of dismantling. They sold off one big player each season following that. Which is why your idea won't work. 

Yeah dismantled. Taken apart piece by piece. Their team now is completely different to that team that won the league. Granted there are a few still there but the majority are gone. 

My idea is exactly selling off one player but having the replacement already in house. Do you just disagree for the sake of it or do you not read what’s been written?

Edited by sparrow1988

3 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

Yeah dismantled. Taken apart piece by piece. Their team now is completely different to that team that won the league. Granted there are a few still there but the majority are gone. 

My idea is exactly selling off one player but having the replacement already in house. Do you just disagree for the sake of it or do you not understand what’s been written?

When you sell off one first team player following an unexpected league win, then that's not a dismantling. Which is why I pointed it out.

They players they signed you refer to as squad options are a far higher caliber than we would get, simply because they were and are far ahead us. The quality difference between what we could get in the first team and on the bench is way bigger than it would be for Leicester. Their tactic, or what you claim is there tactic, would never work for us.

18 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

When you sell off one first team player following an unexpected league win, then that's not a dismantling. Which is why I pointed it out.

They players they signed you refer to as squad options are a far higher caliber than we would get, simply because they were and are far ahead us. The quality difference between what we could get in the first team and on the bench is way bigger than it would be for Leicester. Their tactic, or what you claim is there tactic, would never work for us.

They bought Soyuncu after finishing 12th and 9th in the 2 seasons after winning the league. They bought Tielemans after finishing 12th, 9th and 9th in the three seasons after winning the league. 

If you pay the right price and can sell the player the project at the club, you inevitably get the player that you want. 

2 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

They bought Soyuncu after finishing 12th and 9th in the 2 seasons after winning the league. They bought Tielemans after finishing 12th, 9th and 9th in the three seasons after winning the league. 

If you pay the right price and can sell the player the project at the club, you inevitably get the player that you want. 

Good, so we've moved on from the entire dismantling idea.

So I assume you then think Leicester at the point of finishing 12th and 9th, 2 seasons after winning the league were where we are now? I don't think so. But your call.

44 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Good, so we've moved on from the entire dismantling idea.

So I assume you then think Leicester at the point of finishing 12th and 9th, 2 seasons after winning the league were where we are now? I don't think so. But your call.

I decided to leave the dismantling as you don't seem to understand the word dismantle and its different uses, so instead of labouring on a miniscule part of the discussion I moved on. But seen as you've decided to bring it up again, I've copied the definition from https://www.collinsdictionary.com/dictionary/english/dismantle in order to help you understand. See specifically the second definition below and in particular the reference to gradually.

1. verb

If you dismantle a machine or structure, you carefully separate it into its different parts.
He asked for immediate help from the United States to dismantle the warheads. [VERB noun]
Synonyms: take apart, strip, demolish, raze   More Synonyms of dismantle

2. verb

To dismantle an organization or system means to cause it to stop functioning by gradually reducing its power or purpose.

Hopefully that helps you.

The dismantling didn't happen straight away and I didn't say that it did, but a lot of the main players were gone and were gone within a year. Arguably the most important one and the one that held it all together (Kante) went straight away and led to the massive performance drop the season after. They bought Mendy and Ndidi to replace him in that summer and neither could do the job that he did. Ndidi is now one of the best DM's in the league. Maybe if they had bought him a season earlier and he had been allowed to settle then he would have hit the ground running?

I don't think we're wildly far off as the title win was quite clearly a one-off and their team/squad now is almost a completely new one. I'm not saying we're in the exact same position but do we need a surprise title win and then have 3 mediocre seasons to pursue a recrutiment strategy which has been successful for another club? Or do we throw all our eggs in the instant impact signing basket and then hope that all those players perform straight away?

Edited by sparrow1988

10 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

The dismantling didn't happen straight away and I didn't say that it did, but a lot of the main players were gone and were gone within a year. Arguably the most important one and the one that held it all together (Kante) went straight away and led to the massive performance drop the season after. They bought Mendy and Ndidi to replace him in that summer and neither could do the job that he did. Ndidi is now one of the best DM's in the league. Maybe if they had bought him a season earlier and he had been allowed to settle then he would have hit the ground running?

I don't think we're wildly far off as the title win was quite clearly a one-off and their team/squad now is almost a completely new one. I'm not saying we're in the exact same position but do we need a surprise title win and then have 3 mediocre seasons to pursue a recrutiment strategy which has been successful for another club? Or do we throw all our eggs in the instant impact signing basket and then hope that all those players perform straight away?

That's just plain incorrect, which is why I brought it up. Feel free to quote the lot. If I'm wrong, I'll leave it.

6 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

That's just plain incorrect, which is why I brought it up. Feel free to quote the lot. If I'm wrong, I'll leave it.

Well two of them, Kante and Drinkwater. I just looked it up, Mahrez did two seasons after (I thought that he went the summer after). That's still 2 out of the 5 outstanding players in the team within a year and IMO the most important. The other regulars such as Morgan/Huth were also being replaced or phased out slowly. Vardy and Schmeichel are the only two from that team who are still regualrs when fit.

On 04/02/2021 at 15:45, DCJonah said:

I'm quite excited to see how we continue to build. 

I trust our approach, I think we'll spend money and I think we're an attractive option. 

Another season in the league is really going to help us push on. 

I think we still need improvement in midfield and out wide. 

Up front is a tricky one. We spent too much on Wes to just throw him to the side and we don't want to stop Barry having a route to the first team. 

I think it's probably still a wee bit too early to be mentioning Barry for next season.

I agree about Wes and feel he should be kept as our 3rd choice for the cup games etc. and give him next season to show us what he can do.

It will be an exciting summer to say the least, in terms of new signings.

Sell/Release: Trezeguet, Engels, Taylor, Elmo, Heaton, Barkley (end loan)

Buy: CM (6 or 8), LW, 10, CB, LB

Emi (Steer)

Cash (Freddie/Kessler), Konsa (New), Mings (Hause), Targett (New)

Sanson (McGinn), New (Luiz, Nakamba)

Traore (JPB, AEG), Jack (New, JJ, CC), New (Jack, AEG)

Ollie (Wes, Davis)

Could be cases to be made for another striker too, perhaps whoever comes in at Winger should be able to do both. But getting in quality on the wing/at #10 so Jack isn't doing it all is too important to spend another £30-£40m on a striker for me.

Midfield I struggled with, McGinn has shown glimpses of the £50m player we thought we had the start of last season but not enough and I'm not sure Sanson is first name on the teamsheet there either. Them and Luiz need some competition for sure. It'd push Nakamba down the rankings more but don't think he should be sold yet, he's goos at what he's asked to do and itd cost us more to replace him than keep him. 

Perhaps too much youth in my squad. But be good to see Kessler, Chukweumeka and Philogene-Bidace get some games next year to see what they're made of. Hopefully we don't sell Guilbert and force ourselves into buying another RB, stifling Kessler's opportunities

Edited by HalfTimePost

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

A very good player but I’ve never seen the bloke do anything other than moan and complain. 

Has he got an attitude problem?

Oh yeah - doesn't look a likeable bloke at all.

But Zaha, Watkins, Grealish .... movement on steroids !!!!

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

A very good player but I’ve never seen the bloke do anything other than moan and complain. 

Has he got an attitude problem?

I can't stand him. Good player when he wants to be. Unfortunately he doesn't stfu and stop trying to get people sent off long enough to show it. He'd cost a load too.

Avoid like the plague.

• Like 3