Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

7 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Would anyone take Ashley Young back on a free? 

Only as a back up left back on a 1 year rolling deal, IF the club feels it can't identify the right young left back

5 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

It would be a good strategy in solidifying out status as a top 10 Premier League club. All three of the players you mention would walk into our side and make us much stronger and more creative. They're not world beaters, and we wouldn't crack the top 4 with them, but they would strengthen us significantly. 

I don't think that is the strategy the club wants to take though. I think there is a huge element of moneyball that goes into our scouting and our signings. We go after players from abroad for cheaper and who's value will increase when trained and played correctly. I also think the only way to break the top 4/6 is to find these gems abroad - unless you spend 150m on domestic talent which we won't do. 

Personally, Bissouma would be very high on my shopping list this summer but he'll attract interest from clubs in the top 4 I imagine. A DCM and RW+LW should be where the bulk of our transfer money goes this summer. 

I echo this, that is all that would achieve and it is an expensive but near guaranteed way to do so.

Also Koopmeiners instead of Bissouma (a player I like a lot BTW)

4 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Problem with trying to unearth our own Bisouma (just using him as example) you run the risk of ending up with a Trez, Nakamba or Engles. Some of these European leagues are very weak and whilst a player may excel in them they seem to struggle when making the move.   Our best signings since we got promoted have all been domestic ones.    

Either way hopefully it will be another exciting summer.

True but that risk tends to lessen the more you are paying, as you are signing some of the best not just someone who did well

Denis Zakaria available for as little as £18m apparently. Now that would be someone who would solve a lot of our midfield issues.

Will obviously end up at bigger club than us but no harm in trying.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, paul514 said:

I echo this, that is all that would achieve and it is an expensive but near guaranteed way to do so.

Also Koopmeiners instead of Bissouma (a player I like a lot BTW)

You hadn't mentioned!! 

This thread seems to be going around in circles.

Last week Bissouma, McNeil and Saint Maximin were mentioned and I even threw in a Ward-Prowse for good measure.

I do and still agree with the rhetoric that we need tried and tested at this level now.

It's a punt to hope players like Trez, Wesley and Traore will work out for the fraction of the price.

Last season we were in the market for players around £20million. This Summer I think we need to go 'balls out' to sign two players £35-£50million each to be first-team players.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

This thread seems to be going around in circles.

Last week Bissouma, McNeil and Saint Maximin were mentioned and I even threw in a Ward-Prowse for good measure.

I do and still agree with the rhetoric that we need tried and tested at this level now.

It's a punt to hope players like Trez, Wesley and Traore will work out for the fraction of the price.

Last season we were in the market for players around £20million. This Summer I think we need to go 'balls out' to sign two players £35-£50million each to be first-team players.

Just this thread ? ;)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Problem with trying to unearth our own Bisouma (just using him as example) you run the risk of ending up with a Trez, Nakamba or Engles. Some of these European leagues are very weak and whilst a player may excel in them they seem to struggle when making the move.   Our best signings since we got promoted have all been domestic ones.    

Either way hopefully it will be another exciting summer.

Nowt wrong with Naka, Just needs a run in the side to show his true worth 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Nowt wrong with Naka, Just needs a run in the side to show his true worth 

Fans would soon turn on him if he got a run. I’m pretty sure of that.

Our best players are normally the ones that never play. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, sne said:

Denis Zakaria available for as little as £18m apparently. Now that would be someone who would solve a lot of our midfield issues.

That would be interesting....Has the stature and a good age, can he play?

17 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Like Jack...just being facetious.

wel he is not playing at present..😜

3 hours ago, sne said:

Watch Gladbach semi often and he's one of those players that always makes me wish we were further along for him to be a realistic signing. Has a heap of attributes you'd want and is exactly the type of profile of player you could see easily settling into the league.

Surprising if the price being that low is true but I suppose with the state of the market due to covid, his recent injuries and contract up next summer they might have to take what they can get for him.

Edited by Indigo
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Indigo said:

Watch Gladbach semi often and he's one of those players that always makes me wish we were further along for him to be a realistic signing. Has a heap of attributes you'd want and is exactly the type of profile of player you could see easily settling into the league.

Surprising if the price being that low is true but I suppose with the market due to covid, his recent injuries and contract up next summer they might have to take what they can get for him.

Yeah I really like him too.

If only we were one year further along with our project there'd be some really interesting players available to us this summer. I fear we are just not there yet sadly.

Would be quite annoying if West Ham managed to exploit the market this summer due to their freak season.

57 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

It’s a pity because he is incredibly efficient at what he does. Hardly ever put a foot wrong when he has played and must be exceptionally irritating to play against very much like a fly  you can’t swat. If he had a killer pass and a bit more vision he would be a world beater. I would seriously have him ahead of McGinn 

Edited by Follyfoot