Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

3 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

They're close to signing Augero for about a million a week.

If they unload Messi and a few others then that's a fair whack off their wage bill.

Aguero, Wijnaldum and Depay - all on free transfers - combined wage for those would be about £500k a week - they'd still me making a saving if they can get Messi off the books.

Plus, they'll be selling Coutinho to someone, if he plays 10 more games they owe Liverpool more than £20m and they don't have it.

4 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think people are underestimating how desperate Barca are.

They are in deep, deep trouble financially, the Nou Camp is falling apart and they don't have pot to orinar in.

I know they are in deep financial trouble but last I heard they are still moving ahead with the renovations and expansion starting June of the Nou Camp.  It was being delayed mid last year but then in October/November, just before Xmas they said it was back and happening.  How they are affording it I don’t know but something to do with Goldman Sachs from memory.  The plans were amazing! They reckon by tripling the corporate boxes, extra revenue and sponsorship it will bring in over 100m per year extra.

I'll be very surprised if it starts then - if it does they can expect to start seeing extra money in the 2025-26 season, but it'll be financed on huge debt. If the TV money stalls as is being talked about, no one will want to borrow them that money. The other issue they have with the stadium is that areas of it aren't fit to open currently, so if they do have fans allowed back in, it'll be at a reduced capacity.

There's a very real fear they could go bankrupt, they're more than a billion euros in debt, with a crumbling stadium and an ageing star player - they've had to delay payment to the squad on a couple of occasions now because they didn't have the funds to pay the wages - it's very difficult because their business model is based on being the biggest club in the world, but when that means making huge losses, what do you do to turn it around?

So, anyway, on topic, there's a potential fire sale at Barca and I'd be happy for us to get involved - maybe Louie wants to bring a few of his old mates over?

• Like 3

Who do people seriously think we could push the boat out for and might come?

Ansu Fati will have big clubs interested so no chance, do we have any chance with Coutinho or Puig? I assume Pedri is a no. De Jong is a definite No.

7 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Ansu Fati will have big clubs interested so no chance, do we have any chance with Coutinho or Puig? I assume Pedri is a no. De Jong is a definite No.

I note you haven’t ruled Messi out..........🤣

12 minutes ago, OxfordVillan said:

I note you haven’t ruled Messi out..........🤣

Mate, wouldn’t that be a dream.

It was almost two years to the day that I last saw him live at the Nou Camp.  The guy is a genius.  I got myself a ticket with the home fans for the quarter final of the Champions League and Messi’s early double silenced the scum Mancs and I was celebrating like crazy and Coutinho finished them off.  Not many footballers I would go out of my way to see live but he is one of them.  Gutted I never seen Zidane live.  I love watching Jack but Messi is on another level again.

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

Carles Aleña is about all we could hope for.

26 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

And he's not that good, hasn't done much at Betis or Getafe on loan. Perhaps Firpo as another LB option might be one to consider.

I still think Real Madrid is better bet. They'll likely let two out of Vinicius, Jovic and Rodrygo out once they've signed a couple of new attackers in the summer as rumoured.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Mentioned these two earlier also.. Konrad de la Fuente - https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/konrad-de-la-fuente/profil/spieler/466809       

& Álex Collado - https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/alex-collado/profil/spieler/282722 

Just look at the talent ahead of them... they then become more realistic coupled with Barca’s (temporary) money issues.

41 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Mentioned these two earlier also.. Konrad de la Fuente - https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/konrad-de-la-fuente/profil/spieler/466809       

& Álex Collado - https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/alex-collado/profil/spieler/282722 

Just look at the talent ahead of them... they then become more realistic coupled with Barca’s (temporary) money issues.

I honestly don't know what to make of Konrad. I've spent a fair bit of time watching him with the U-20s and in his limited appearances at Barça, and he seems like a...maybe like an Adama-type player, but like, the Adama who played for us. Lots of skills, puts his head down and runs himself into a dead end. Koeman sees something in him as he's often in the full squad and his numbers with the second team aren't bad from what I recall—but what haven't seen from him just yet is where everything clicks and that final product emerges. I'm not saying it's not there, just that I haven't really seen it yet. And I'm shamelessly hoping we bring in an American at some point in the near future.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, VillaChris said:

They're close to signing Augero for about a million a week.

If they unload Messi and a few others then that's a fair whack off their wage bill.

The debts and wage bill is crazy.

Signing Augero for that much a week would just show they haven't learned.

And unlike some of the other big clubs with huge debts Barcelona have a lot of big loans that has to be repaid this year. 

Real, Manure and so on have 10-20 years or more to repay their loans. Barca doesn't.

7 hours ago, nick76 said:

I wouldn't rule out the powerful position our Owners, Purslow and Lange and the job they could prob do in lureing two or three Barca players. They seem to be able to talk there way through a negotiation, not to mention there is backing of the Owners and there money.

There maybe big interest from other clubs, yet if we can do a strong finish this season who knows who we could actually bring in.

I will say this that if let's say Barca players did look at any team that's most proved this season from last, I'm sure we would be well up that list. Also Smith, Lange, Purslow, NSWE and let's not forget what Nicola Ibetson can do if she's still at the club, sure if they smell some deals they will be the sharks in the water. Nicola has certainly been part of some ace deals been made in the past and you don't hear about what she's doing at the club, not really sure if she's the chief commercial officer still..

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, sne said:

And unlike some of the other big clubs with huge debts Barcelona have a lot of big loans that has to be repaid this year. 

Real, Manure and so on have 10-20 years or more to repay their loans. Barca doesn't.

It's time for a bit of debt restructuring me thinks.

15 hours ago, TRO said:

I just hope who ever we sign, adds a dimension to the team and not be just another no better than the last.....sure we have got better lately, but surely we can come up with wingers with more pace.

Indeed. Can’t believe we STILL have such a one-paced team. Crying out for genuine pace. 

Edited by eholm
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Dave-R said:

I wouldn't rule out the powerful position our Owners, Purslow and Lange and the job they could prob do in lureing two or three Barca players. They seem to be able to talk there way through a negotiation, not to mention there is backing of the Owners and there money.

There maybe big interest from other clubs, yet if we can do a strong finish this season who knows who we could actually bring in.

I will say this that if let's say Barca players did look at any team that's most proved this season from last, I'm sure we would be well up that list. Also Smith, Lange, Purslow, NSWE and let's not forget what Nicola Ibetson can do if she's still at the club, sure if they smell some deals they will be the sharks in the water. Nicola has certainly been part of some ace deals been made in the past and you don't hear about what she's doing at the club, not really sure if she's the chief commercial officer still..

For fear of repeating myself....there is no way we will be signing first team big name players from elite clubs thus Summer. Our wage budget due to FFP will be too restrictive. This Summer will be more up and coming players who will not be looking for £80k a week. I’m sure Lange has been tasked to look around Europe for the equivalent of Watkins and Cash. We will sign some very good players but not quite at the level that are being referenced in this thread e.g. Barca etc. 

• Like 3

We need another winger that can REGULARLY beat his man and find quality end productas well. Traore, El-Ghazi and Trez simply don't do it enough, and the end product is not good enough. 

Targett has learned how to defend but is still too slow for my liking. So a quick left back is essential. This would sort the first team with Wesley fully fit by the start of next season, and Barry closer to being ready.

Would like a big midfielder who is a fine passer both short and long, as a bonus. Obviously this is if we keep Jack.

Would add a promising centre back to that as one for the future. 

The quality we need and the likely 100m spend we have mirror 2020's transfer window. But maybe spend bigger on the right winger.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, eholm said:

For fear of repeating myself....there is no way we will be signing first team big name players from elite clubs thus Summer. Our wage budget due to FFP will be too restrictive. This Summer will be more up and coming players who will not be looking for £80k a week. I’m sure Lange has been tasked to look around Europe for the equivalent of Watkins and Cash. We will sign some very good players but not quite at the level that are being referenced in this thread e.g. Barca etc. 

And I would just like to say that none of us know what they are going to do this Summer, we may be surprised or we may be let down.

If it's more of the same signings were going to hang around mid table, we have have to simply start competing with the big guns now simple as that.

As for FFP we have not a clue how good a position we are in, we didn't make much transactions in January which will of helped. We will also no doubt offload some players like Trezegeut, Ghazi a couple of others will add a tiny bit not much to be fair. There are many ways a club in the premier earns money other than TV rights and position in the league, it all adds up. I personally think Smith will be handed over 100 mill. If listened to what Smith said recently was that this season is the 3rd season were settled and now have to compete and that means finding and upgrading on what we have even if that means some get pushed to the bench.. I think we can expect some big guns arriving at VP but let's wait and see..

There will be few or more reasons that decide who and where from we can sign players at the end of the season all ranging from: positioning in the league, our FFP strength, How much our Owners want to compete and how good Lange really is at Negotiations.

Do we also have a list of all the Barca players and the current wages they are on??? Just curious as it may give us insight if there's a possibility of anyone we could sign.

You also have to look at the new deal we may offer or have to offer Grealish, 200k a week, if we can give this to Jack, we can surely give two or three Barca players less or the same to come in and do a job for us..

Edited by Dave-R

Dug this list up of all Barca players and there wages and what they are on each month.

List of player salaries is very interesting. Below is the list of Barcelona’s player Salaries 2021 (Per Week).What are FC Barcelona players salaries? Have you ever thought of finding out on which FC Barcelona players are the highest paid? Well, if you have then worry not because we have prepared a list of the FC Barcelona Players Salaries 2020/21.

https://sillyseason.com/money/salary/fc-barcelona-players-salaries-69077/

I'm pretty sure sure looking at that, we could easy grab some up..

Edited by Dave-R