Pre Match Thread

One For The Road

So do we think Smith will rest anyone tonight? I'm hoping for at least some reasonably timed substitutions.  I think we should win this but we're getting them in a good moment too, so who knows.  I think 2-1 to us.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, BOF said:

So do we think Smith will rest anyone tonight? I'm hoping for at least some reasonably timed substitutions.  I think we should win this but we're getting them in a good moment too, so who knows.  I think 2-1 to us.

I think he’ll keep the same team, he doesn’t like to change if it’s working.  Only if we’ve had injury will he change.

Despite their league position it seems inflated and the way they play it suggests we should win given how we play.  That always scares me when it looks like we should win.  Hope the Southampton game (despite the result) was a little nudge that we need more and we’ll see that tonight.

8 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Can't stop reading their forum. They are the most delusional fans in the prem and are foaming at the mouyh with rage with jack, villa and our fans. Would love to give them an absolute hiding tonight

I’ve been doing the same. The whole 14 pages is devoted to Jack and the cheats that are Villa. They’re as bad as small heath with their obsession. 

6 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

I’ve been doing the same. The whole 14 pages is devoted to Jack and the cheats that are Villa. They’re as bad as small heath with their obsession. 

Does anyone else find it strange why so many of these insignificant little teams fans have become so obsessed with us just lately? It really seems to be getting worse nowadays.

• Like 1

After the last match, a lad I used to work with (West Ham Fan) took it upon himself to send me various meme's of Grealish. He also went on to say Rice was a far better player. 

That alone has fired me up for this one. I want to win this match more than any of the remaining games this season. 

I’d be happy if we lined up like this:

Martinez

Cash   Konsa   Mings    Targett

McGinn     Luiz

Traore         Barkley      Grealish

Ollie

Can I also just say what a fantastic piece of business Cash was this year, and Konsa last year and Martinez is the buy of the season across the board!

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, BOF said:

I reckon we'll be unchanged for tonight, and if we play OK Arsenal as well.

Trying to run the team into fitness. I would expect training is very light on the legs with these games happening so quickly.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

Does anyone else find it strange why so many of these insignificant little teams fans have become so obsessed with us just lately? It really seems to be getting worse nowadays.

Because we are doing well and are getting the plaudits in the media. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Trying to run the team into fitness. I would expect training is very light on the legs with these games happening so quickly.

Yeah my worry is we'll Bielsa the team into injury and/or fatigue. We're already the team with the fewest players used.  But they'll know best as they've got the data.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, BOF said:

Yeah my worry is we'll Bielsa the team into injury and/or fatigue. We're already the team with the fewest players used.  But they'll know best as they've got the data.

I 100% agree and would like to see a few more substitutions happen if we can.

Too scared to say that in the Smith thread.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BOF said:

I don't think we will see any changes. He is very much an if it ain't broke then don't fix it kind of guy. And as long as the data (HR monitors/GPS etc.) from training is telling them all the players are fit and ready to go then that's fine with me. I also think that's why we don't see changes until late in the game - (I mean Cutler has got to be doing something on that tablet. I assume he is not playing candy crush) - the data is saying that the players' fitness levels are still good.

Now whether or not the player's performances warrant a sub or not is a different situation.

I'm also going to go for a win but 3-1 to us.

We will have to be wary of their threat from set pieces though and not just because they are big. They are very well organised and Creswell can put the ball on a sixpence. You can see that they work on it. Having said that we're level with them (whoscored) for goals per 90 from set pieces so they'll have to watch us too.

Edited by sparrow1988

What an opportunity for us tonight to make a serious point for Europe. Do get the feeling whenever we're in a spot like this we usually lose and knock us all back down to earth so I'm a bit worried, tonight will be tough. 

Martinez
Cash - Konsa - Mings - Targett
              Luiz - McGinn
    Traore - Barkley - Grealish
                  Watkins

Same team as always for me, no need to change anything. 

1 hour ago, BOF said:

I think we'll start unchanged, then some second half changes. Until we get Wes back we can't do anything dramatic up front but Sanson gives us more options and AEG and Trez have both shown form at different times this season.