Pre Match Thread

One For The Road

6 hours ago, TRO said:

I will be watching the game as a whole as normal.....but I will be paying specific interest in the midfield engine rooms of both teams.........Luiz & McGinn.......Soucek & Rice.

I think it could be where the game is won.....if we can get a foothold, I think we will win.

I agree.  I would go with a diamond ....

------------------------ Dougie L ----------------------

SJM ---------------------------------------- Sanson

----------------------- Barkley -------------------------

With Jack off Ollie.  Or Jack and Ross as inside forwards around Ollie.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

What needs to happen is for our chance conversion rate to improve. We have to start taking a bigger proportion of the chances we create. I’m confident Villa will create more chances than West Ham and have the lions share of the game, as we did at their place. 

Got a terrible feeling about this one. Moyes usually sits back which will suit us but they certainly pressed high early v Liverpool. They were well in that until two great Salah goals.

Can't believe we'll stop them at corners. Not a clue how McGinn and Doug are meant to be able to stop those big lads on the edge. We need some very impressive stuff from Mings, Konsa and Watkins defending them. Think we'll see Emi quite mobile as well.

Feels like Dawson always causes us problems and Soucek is a scrappy goal machine. Benrahma has been very very Benrahma for them the last few games and that massively concerns me. Antonio is the closest thing to Watkins in the league, runs all day and is a one man attack quite often.

Having said all that we trashed them at their place and that was with Trezeguet and Hourihane starting. We're much stronger than that now.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:
13 hours ago, osmark86 said:

so Jizz is confirmed?

I'm not sure you should be watching our games on your own.

Yeah me neither. I don't know what the lockdown rules are like over there but, maybe invite a few friends over, few drinks, a bit of finger food, throw all your car keys into a bowl and make a night of it.

32 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

Yeah me neither. I don't know what the lockdown rules are like over there but, maybe invite a few friends over, few drinks, a bit of finger food, throw all your car keys into a bowl and make a night of it.

Jizz Hornkamp scored four goals in 34 minutes, prompting ‘Jizz’ to trend on Twitter, and you know what happened next

https://thecomeback.com/soccer/jizz-hornkamp-four-goals-trend-twitter-soccer.html

In any case, inviting a few friends over having a few drinks and a bit of finger food sounds like a proper good idea tbf XD

Edited by osmark86

Wow another game coming up, feels like we are back in the Championship! Its about time the Spammers went on a bad run. They are solid, but look like a mid table side imo. I just can't bring myself to say anything positive about a club owned by Gold and Sullivan who have cheated the taxpayer in giving them a  multi million stadium for nothing.

Two games incoming that can have a big impact on our final position this season. A chance for retribution on Wednesday night against the Hummus. And then Arsenal at home too. A chance to do the double over them for the first time since... lord knows when. 

It would be devastating to record back to back home defeats again. Well, more annoying than devastating as we ain't really showing any signs of relegation angst or risk at this time. Anyhow, I am hopeful and mildly restrained with my confidence (yeeeeeee-haaaaaaa giddy-up, Gangnam style etc) that this fantastic team of ours that we've suddenly found and fallen in love with again can prevail... 

Come on you Villa Boys... 

• Like 1

I'm sure it's been mentioned before but West Ham are a team of giants from front to back. 

Dawson, Ogbonna, Soucek, Rice, Antonio will win headers but they also have players with good delivery. Cresswell, Bowen, Benrahma will get th ball in the box so we are going to have to defend so well to win this one. 

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, osmark86 said:

https://thecomeback.com/soccer/jizz-hornkamp-four-goals-trend-twitter-soccer.html

In any case, inviting a few friends over having a few drinks and a bit of finger food sounds like a proper good idea tbf XD

This is my favourtie line in the article - "And as such, the tweets about Jizz came fast and they came hard".

• Haha 1

I said the last time we played West Ham that their threat was set pieces/headers. We didn’t defend those properly twice and lost a game we should have won. I expect no different patterns of play this time around, it should mirror the 1st game where we pretty much controlled the play and tempo. West Ham don’t give up many clear cut chances, so we have to be more clinical when the opportunity arrives. But first and foremost we have to limit balls into our box and stay defensively concentrated the entire match.......especially early into each half. 

• Like 1