Newkie Broon Pre Match Thread

rjw63

Just now, Thug said:

Very surprised by that line up.

would’ve brought El Ghazi back in.

But, to a man, this squad has surprised me this year, so let’s see how Nakamba responds.

Very odd tho, considering we’ve just about to buy another midfielder which you would think would push him further down the order?

After nakamba's cameo against wolves, deserves his chance

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

El Ghazi is great through Dec and then is benched for City and now again? Why both Luiz and Nakamba? 

No team that wants to dominate puts Nakamba on. So, I assume that's not our plan. 

I was overconfident before, now I'm just confident. I suppose that's good.

4 minutes ago, Robtaylor200 said:

Should win this and Watkins get on the score sheet again, he needs a goal 

I have this exact bet, no value at 1 to 2 on for the Villa but I got 7/4 Villa to win and Watkins to score

• Like 1

Looks like a 4-2-3-1 on paper but in reality I imagine Luiz is going to have licence to go forward. 

I can’t imagine Bruce setting them up to have us worrying too much about any kind of overloads or getting overrun in the centre.

6 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

El Ghazi is great through Dec and then is benched for City and now again? Why both Luiz and Nakamba? 

No team that wants to dominate puts Nakamba on. So, I assume that's not our plan. 

I was overconfident before, now I'm just confident. I suppose that's good.

we dont know who was suffering from covid and whether they have got 90 mins in them. could be that is the reason we are not seeing elgazi and ramsey?

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, WooJung said:

Slightly underwhelmed by Nakamba in the starting 11,i was hoping for us to give it more of a go with either AEG or Ramsey as we'll have more of possession than them.

Hope he has a good game

He will

In Dean we trust

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Like 1

The script is written:

We were supposedly both chasing Wilson in the summer and most on VT didn't think he was good enough and were relieved when he went to Newcastle and we got Watkins instead.   So, naturally, Wilson will score the winner.   It's how things work with the Villa.  Or have we truly escaped from our 10-year nightmare?

Just now, il_serpente said:

The script is written:

We were supposedly both chasing Wilson in the summer and most on VT didn't think he was good enough and were relieved when he went to Newcastle and we got Watkins instead.   So, naturally, Wilson will score the winner.   It's how things work with the Villa.  Or have we truly escaped from our 10-year nightmare?

Believe brother, I do

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, penguin said:

Looks like a 4-2-3-1 on paper but in reality I imagine Luiz is going to have licence to go forward. 

I can’t imagine Bruce setting them up to have us worrying too much about any kind of overloads or getting overrun in the centre.

It’s long ball to Carroll, who flicks it on for Wilson. Rinse and repeat. Nakamba in front of the defence, and Luiz in a two with Barkley I hope.

7 minutes ago, cheltenham_villa said:

we dont know who was suffering from covid and whether they have got 90 mins in them. could be that is the reason we are not seeing elgazi and ramsey?

Yh u have a good point here.

• Like 1