Morgan Sanson

Delphinho123

4 hours ago, Jas10 said:

I see nothing in that Video that a professional footballer should not be doing.

I reckon with a bit of editing and a tight music track, I could be made to look like that. 20 years ago ofcourse 😂

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, foreveryoung said:

I reckon with a bit of editing and a tight music track, I could be made to look like that. 20 years ago ofcourse 😂

Hey… we learnt the harshest lesson with Tonev remember? 😂

Even Stan was talking him up!!

-

Rashica? 🤦‍♂️😅😂

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 1

He'd actually be useful to have now in the squad. However can totally understand him not wanting to hang around and wait for 2-3 midfielders to get injured at the same time and waste another year on the bench.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheMightyVillans said:

I remember when he came on in the 90th minute in emery's first match. I thought that was a sign things might turn around for him. He will go down as one of the more frustrating signings as he seemed like a good player and the type of player we needed.. Definitely unlucky with injuries under smith and then treated poorly under Gerrard. Big shame it didn't work out as I think he is a good player.

I think that whenever I see Veretout play for Marseille or France. We just had him too soon and he's gone on to be a very good midfielder 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

Would you also be able to have a season where you get the highest number of assists in Ligue 1?

4 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

But he should be our professional footballer - doing this for us.

9 hours ago, Jas10 said:

He never showed any signs of that in our shirt. Nice have a bargain, but he would just sulk again if he came back to us, although if anyone could get him playing for us, it would be UE. 

2 hours ago, _AA_786 said:

I think that whenever I see Veretout play for Marseille or France. We just had him too soon and he's gone on to be a very good midfielder 

It was pretty clear that he didn't want to stick around though and whilst he's improved, I doubt the same would have happened here. He just didn't seem to, or perhaps to want to, fit into the English game. Like Sanson he longed for a move back over the channel and I think regretted moving to us, very soon after he had done so.   

Came on in Emery's first match v Utd.

Interested to know what's gone on here because I absolutely do not understand a player this good having the time he did.

Three managers, none interested in him.

12 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Came on in Emery's first match v Utd.

Interested to know what's gone on here because I absolutely do not understand a player this good having the time he did.

Three managers, none interested in him.

He has pretty much said that he was done at Villa by this point.

• Like 1

On 11/05/2024 at 16:08, _AA_786 said:

We didn't give him a chance, great player for Roma.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, romavillan said:

We didn't give him a chance, great player for Roma.

I hated seeing Jordan Amavi leave too but never reached the heights I thought he would but yes watching Veretout and Gueye perform well always stung a little. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CroVillan said:

I hated seeing Jordan Amavi leave too but never reached the heights I thought he would but yes watching Veretout and Gueye perform well always stung a little. 

Yes Amavi looked really promising, perhaps his injury hampered his career a bit. It's a pity, I had high hopes for him. Of that crop of French players we brought in under Sherwood Gueye is arguably the one who went on to be a really good player in the PL, Ayew has done alright.

Sanson I would put in the same bracket as for example Veretout, Jean Makoun, Mathieu Berson, Eric Djemba Djemba and El Ahmadi - players who performed really well in their previous leagues, but didn't quite cut it in the PL, at least not for a top half PL team.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

Yes Amavi looked really promising, perhaps his injury hampered his career a bit. It's a pity, I had high hopes for him. Of that crop of French players we brought in under Sherwood Gueye is arguably the one who went on to be a really good player in the PL, Ayew has done alright.

Sanson I would put in the same bracket as for example Veretout, Jean Makoun, Mathieu Berson, Eric Djemba Djemba and El Ahmadi - players who performed really well in their previous leagues, but didn't quite cut it in the PL, at least not for a top half PL team.

Yeah I totally agree. One major injury and its career over in most cases, hope it’s not like that for Mings, Kamara and Buendia. Look at poor bloody Jores Okoro’s career

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

For me, it was clear how talented Veretout was even in a Villa shirt.

I don’t know Tom. It just seemed too slow on the ball and decisions. Think the prem was too high paced for him, hence excelling in Serie A and Ligue 1. Quality player though.

some players just aren’t made for that high tempo, tbh I don’t think even Zidane would’ve handled the physicality and tempo.

3 minutes ago, CroVillan said:

I don’t know Tom. It just seemed too slow on the ball and decisions. Think the prem was too high paced for him, hence excelling in Serie A and Ligue 1. Quality player though.

some players just aren’t made for that high tempo, tbh I don’t think even Zidane would’ve handled the physicality and tempo.

Zidane would have handled it just fine.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

For me, it was clear how talented Veretout was even in a Villa shirt.

Agree that Veretout showed some talent, especially in short space passing, but he didn't really do much for us, he wasn't good enough defensively to do a DCM job and not creative and good enough attacking wise to do a ACM job, he was a kind of box to box player, but slightly weak, not so fast and didn't manage to impose himself enough on the game, mostly in the games he played the game passed him by. A bit of a meh performace on the whole for us, quite similar to what Tom Cleverley did here. Not saying Veretout was a bad player at all, like Sanson clearly talented and a good fotballer, but not all talented footballers make it in the PL, perhaps under other circumstances both could mould in step by step and adjust, but very seldom there is time and patience for that.

As for Sanson he seemed to be injured so much that he never even got to the stage where he could be bedded in. And as said in one of my previous posts it's significantly that he was injured over and over again when he was here, but not as much before and after (havent' fully looked through his injury history, but that's my impression).

Edited by Keener window-cleaner

Â