Morgan Sanson

Delphinho123

Odd one. I've  been keen to see more of him, and I thought he was pretty decent on Sunday, but by the time he came  off I could also see for the first time why  we might want to move him on. Decent enough passing, positioning, movement, lovely finish,  neat and tidy, yet no one outstanding quality. For that reason it's hard to see him being more than a squad player, and it feels like we should either move him on for a more likely starter that fits into the manager's plans or get better value for the squad place.

5 minutes ago, AvonVillain said:

You'd better prepare yourself then. Looking forward to this thread moving to Other Football, personally.

Oh I'm prepared, I've been pissed off with Villa for days, this is just shifting me up a gear.

On 10/01/2023 at 16:01, TomC said:

Kamara, Dougie, JJ, McGinn, Buendia (that's how Unai has been using him), Coutinho (ditto), Donck, Sanson, Naka, Sanson. That's 9. 

I know you love him but it's cheating to name him twice!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, useless said:

He's not worked out, if we can get a move for him where we would potentially get fee then it that be a very good deal for us and good for him. These are the type of players we've struggle to move on in the past. if someone wants to take him of our hands after he's managed less than eight games worth of Premier League football in three seasons then we should be thankful.

Just think he's not worked out more down to Steven than anyone/anything else.

54 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Never really got a chance...

If perhaps he was given his chance instead of McGinn things may have improved.

Perhaps after three managers not playing him people on here might realise he wasn't good enough. He's one of those players people think is brilliant because he doesn't play. If he played ten games in a row he would be slated for being poor. 

11 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Perhaps after three managers not playing him people on here might realise he wasn't good enough. He's one of those players people think is brilliant because he doesn't play. If he played ten games in a row he would be slated for being poor. 

Possibly, but as that's a theory it doesn't really work. If only he had the chance...he deserved as much.

Perhaps he was also unfortunate with injuries, not settling, or attitude.

Seems like we will never know.

1 hour ago, ender4 said:

I know you love him but it's cheating to name him twice!

They have revoked all my credentials and are sending me back to school with the 5 year olds to learn to count!

Â