Morgan Sanson

Delphinho123

One of the few players in our team that could actually control the ball today. 

Some stray passes in there, but looked more assured than most. 

I probably can't say if he would offer more than McGinn, but he certainly offered no less. A perfectly viable rotation option....which I think is what people's problem is...he hasn't had the chance to be rotated

• Like 3

1 hour ago, foreveryoung said:

Can only think he has a disciplinary issue, or maybe not a hard trainer. He was MotM today as far as I'm concerned, looked the only one remotely interested. He plays next game surely.

He did look very slim, I'd have thought he would have bulked up a bit in the gym by now.  Maybe he is unable or unwilling to strengthen up, hence why he doesn't get picked.  I thought he got in some decent positions between the lines and he seems an intelligent player.

1 hour ago, foreveryoung said:

Can only think he has a disciplinary issue, or maybe not a hard trainer. He was MotM today as far as I'm concerned, looked the only one remotely interested. He plays next game surely.

I have this theory that maybe he does not score well on some of them health/data monitors that teams use these days, thus coaches think he is not fit or training hard when it's really a case of the monitors not being the right way to assess him.  Kind of like kids who might do poorly on an IQ test but are bright and do well in school.

24 minutes ago, Pissflaps said:

He looked good. He surely is the equal at least to McGinn.

McGinn’s been good under Emery against premier league opposition. Glad Sanson got his goal today he was neat and tidy didn’t lose the ball , lacking in physicality but nonetheless had a decent game. Wasn’t spectacular but best of a bad bunch. 

Might have been one of our better performers today, but I really didn't see anything to suggest that he would make a difference to our midfield in the PL.

It's a small sample size, but have never seen him put in anything other than an average performance. Some Villa fans seem to have a lot of confidence that he'd add something to our starting eleven, personally I don't, and I'm certain he'll be off in January or the summer

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, icouldtelltheworld said:

Might have been one of our better performers today, but I really didn't see anything to suggest that he would make a difference to our midfield in the PL.

It's a small sample size, but have never seen him put in anything other than an average performance. Some Villa fans seem to have a lot of confidence that he'd add something to our starting eleven, personally I don't, and I'm certain he'll be off in January or the summer

What are you expecting from him exactly?

He's very tidy, can manipulate the ball in tight areas with good footwork, looks a decent passer, and also actually tries to get us into dangerous positions by trying 1-2s with the striker etc.

Much rather that than watch Coutinho trying to bend one in the top corner from 25 yards.

Edited by Tom13
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

He's very tidy, can manipulate the ball in tight areas with good footwork, looks a decent passer, and also actually tries to get us into dangerous positions by trying 1-2s with the striker 

I disagree with this based on my assessment of the games he's played for us, essentially

1 hour ago, nepal_villan said:

I have this theory that maybe he does not score well on some of them health/data monitors that teams use these days, thus coaches think he is not fit or training hard when it's really a case of the monitors not being the right way to assess him.  Kind of like kids who might do poorly on an IQ test but are bright and do well in school.

He was injured under Smith and been injured under Emery

The bit in between well

Â