Chelsea (0) v Aston Villa (3) pre match thread

One For The Road

10 hours ago, Ouchmefoot said:

The bookies have us at 4/1 (5.0) for this. Definitely worth a fiver 😀

I've done the 27/1 double to beat Chelsea (9/2) today and Man Utd (4/1)on Friday. 

Hopefully will help pay for a few Christmas presents 😂

• Haha 1

We'll need our fair share of luck to get anything from this.

Expecting a reaction from Chelsea after the embarrassing performance against Arsenal.

They will for sure have chances but hopefully so will we. Need another top notch performance from Emi

Have to be honest, not expecting much today. Would be delighted to come away with something. We're on a good run but Chelsea, in spite of the Arsenal result, have frightening resources. When it all clicks for them (Werner and Havertz for instance) they'll be formidable. Losing to their poorly rivals will have hurt them, so they'll be out for blood tonight. 

I'd take a draw right now if offered.

We can go there confident of taking something. I'm not saying we will win, but it absolutely wouldn't surprise. 

That in itself makes me proud and is s measure of our improvement. 

Hard to know what to expect later. Chelsea have been unconvincing at best for much of the season and it doesn't say much for them that West Ham is their best win of the campaign thus far. Smith is a better manager than Lampard and we've shown a real ability to approach games against the better sides smartly and unlike last season show some confidence and belief that we'll get a result.

That all bodes well for us, but ultimately they have the better side man for man and more importantly than that have a far deeper squad given the quick turnaround. With our absentees the team more or less picks itself while they can bring in the likes of Giroud, Havertz etc who will be completely fresh.

Still and all, more than enough reasons for us have think we can get something from this regardless. Would gladly take a draw though personally which would still see us in an incredibly healthy position to finish off the year.

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

As a fan i'd like to see our staff share the same amount of passion as the fans.

When you score you celebrate. Simple as that!

To be fair, very often after we score the camera cuts to Smith, who barely seems to react. Sometimes he doesn't even smile. I don't doubt his allegiance, though.

• Thanks 1

One of them games I’m expecting nothing. Hoping we don’t get silly bookings for the 3 lads on the 4 yellows! Our discipline hasn’t be great this season (which can have positives, mind). 

Would love a point, be ecstatic with a win. But see the Chels bouncing back with a bang. 

3-0. 

On 27/12/2020 at 08:53, Demitri_C said:

If i was smith id tell them all to get a booking at the united game so all they would miss was a fa cup game.

Not really caring about fa cup this year and liverpool are going to want to avenge the humiliating result we inflicted on them

Hi Demitri, i think you will find the FA Cup is still on the wish list of many old villains. We have the making of a really good cup team as we can be anyone on a given day, home or away.

The Chelsea & United games are important in showing exactly where we are the moment but we are not yet at the stage where we can turn our noses up at any competition. UTV

2 hours ago, villalad21 said:

As a fan i'd like to see our staff share the same amount of passion as the fans.

When you score you celebrate. Simple as that!

Have a day off mate. it's christmas!

• Like 1