Chelsea (0) v Aston Villa (3) pre match thread

One For The Road

Chelsea have a fearsome attack however I'm not impressed with their defence and midfield. I don't think Reece James will be playing so I would like to see us go all out attack in the first 20 minutes. I think Traore has a goal or two in him in this game. 

I also think AEG should play in the middle with Jack wide then they can alternate.

• Like 1

We’ll hurt them and i’m confident.  

Martinez

Cash   Konsa   Hause  Targett

Luiz        McGinn

Grealish

Traore      Watkins     El Ghazi

Subs:  Heaton, Elmo, Engels, Taylor, Nakamba, Hourihane, Ramsey, Trez, Davis

Am I right in thinking we have 2 players on 4 yellows (SJM and Targett) and that there is an amnesty on Jan 1st?

Meaning if they don't get a yellow in this game, they won't be suspended should they get booked at Old Trafford?

Edited by One For The Road

1 minute ago, villa89 said:

A draw would be a good result although Frank looks totally out of his depth as Chelsea manager. Best squad in the league and 3 nil down to the worst arsenal side in 30 years

No. Balls to that. Need to be ruthless and put these pretenders to the sword.

We go there above them in the table and with 2 games in hand. Nothing to fear whatsoever. 

Show no mercy. This game is there to be won.

1 hour ago, One For The Road said:

Am I right in thinking we have 2 players on 4 yellows (SJM and Targett) and that there is an amnesty on Jan 1st?

Meaning if they don't get a yellow in this game, they won't be suspended should they get booked at Old Trafford?

The yellows count until the 19th game. 

Would bring in Nakamba for this. Not sure who you replace though.

Chelsea killed us down the flanks last year IIRC particularly the away game so I'd like to clog up their midfield so the ball isn't played as quickly to likes of Reece James.

Would be more than happy with a draw.

1 hour ago, villa89 said:

A draw would be a good result although Frank looks totally out of his depth as Chelsea manager. Best squad in the league and 3 nil down to the worst arsenal side in 30 years

Agree, Chelsea are hot and cold. If we play like we can on form it won’t matter anyway.

we will either spank or be spanked I reckon. No 1-0 here

I think Jack is also on 4 yellows isn't he?

I have no fear of Chelsea. Of course anything can happen on the day and they could tear us a new one (again), however we can hurt them. I would be surprised (and very happy) if we keep a clean sheet, but I do feel that we can outscore them. They will attack us, which means we can play through them rather than having to deal with a parked bus.

3-1 Villa.