Chelsea (0) v Aston Villa (3) pre match thread

One For The Road

1 hour ago, PieFacE said:

Must be able to get good odds on a 3-0 win to us :P

Tbf, on the odd occasions we have won away at the "big 6", we have a history of scoring 3.

Done it several times at Liverpool and Arsenal and even did it at Chelsea 9 years ago.

(Although it's usually 3-1, which I'd gladly accept)

• Like 1

Unfortunately Frank's now angry because of Chelsea's poor performance at Arsenal and the Chelsea players are probably angry with themselves. Drat. There's bound to be a reaction from them tomorrow, probably. I have a feeling it will now be more difficult for us to win than if they'd beaten Arsenal or drawn. We might even need to play well to avoid ending up with a heavy defeat.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, robby b said:

Unfortunately Frank's now angry because of Chelsea's poor performance at Arsenal and the Chelsea players are probably angry with themselves. Drat. There's bound to be a reaction from them tomorrow, probably. I have a feeling it will now be more difficult for us to win than if they'd beaten Arsenal or drawn. We might even need to play well to avoid ending up with a heavy defeat.

People said there'd be a reaction from Palace after they lost 7-0 to Liverpool and we spanked them with 10 men.

That said I do think we'll lose this, although probably play well.

• Like 1

Any idea why it's not being played on Tuesday? Apparently both clubs wanted to move it back 24 hours but tv/premier league refused.

Don't really understand why there's any games tomorrow given lack of fans, just stick everything on Tuesday.

Edited by VillaChris
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

At least both us and Chelsea played yesterday. They have a great squad. They'll play a fresh Giroud but I can't see any other changes. 

Big danger, him.

but 0-1 will be fine.

32 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Can't really see anything but a loss here tbh. Though, I felt the same way about the Palace game so what do I know.

You have a built in satisfaction mechanism, that allows the team to, prove you wrong.

its a win, win strategy😀😀

• Like 1