Chelsea (0) v Aston Villa (3) pre match thread

One For The Road

Pulisic is an immense player, though I am surprised he’s started as he’s quite prone to hamstring injuries and I don’t think is 100% yet. Hudson-Odoi will be one to watch too. I honestly don’t know how this one is going to go.

we will need to use all 3 subs today I expect to save the legs regardless of how the game is going. If we don't then there will presumably be a few changes to the starting line up against Manchester United. 

But ok, come on. Whatever happens results wise I feel more confident now we will play well today. I hope hubris doesn't bite us on the ass. We were well beaten in this fixture last time, also on Prime as I recall.  I'll predict another 4-4 draw like that mental game a decade ago

• Like 1

Need to be cautious of our old pal Tammy. Despite Chelsea losing to Arsenal he still managed to get a goal. We know how dangerous TamTam can be if you give him room, not to mention how he works his socks off all game long, our defenders need to be on point.

I just hope we don’t suffer any serious injuries. 48 hours between games and starting the same team doesn’t leave much room for recovery. At least Konsa only played one half so should be fresh. I worry about McGinn, Watkins and Grealish. I know Jack is extremely fit but if there’s ever a time to pick an injury up... 

• Like 2

Gonna be a tough game today a bit like the Leicester one. However they've gone very defensive which is a compliment to us. Their defence is woeful though and Rudiger is always game for a red. Azpilecueta v Grealish is the game winning battle. If we get more than 12 shots at goal I'll be very impressed.

The problem we're going to have here is Mount/Pulisic/Hudson-Odoi.  Traditionally, we struggle more against players who run with the ball with pace (I guess... who doesn't have a problem with this, to some extent?!).

I reckon... Chelsea 2 - 1 Villa.  More confident going away to Chelsea than I can remember, though!

1 minute ago, Keyblade said:

It looks like they're going to continue to flood the box with crosses again today.

Kortney Hause: 

625.jpg

Looks like hes getting ready for his first uk hit single no 1 top of the pops release.

I've a feeling the manager will of ripped into them after Arsenal defeat and they will show up against us and might just nick it.

Hope I'm wrong though.

Edited by Dave-R