Boxing Day Weekend Football 26/27 December

andykeenan

I think the reason we were able to get the vital 2nd goal is because we've got Grealish to run and drag them around. Liverpool just have to keep trying to build around a packed area.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Perfect game plan from Sam really.  Defend for all your life's worth for 90 minutes, hope to keep it at Nil - Nil or 1 - 0 till the last few minutes then try a smash and grab. 

It's worked perfectly. They'd have probably had shipped 10 here a couple of weeks ago. 

• Like 1

They were a disgrace in the first 45, but Albion haven't been too bad at all in the second half. As soon as they started pushing a man forward to they had an outlet it has been a different game.

Liverpool will be bitching, but if you can't finish a team off when you have 85% possession for 45 minutes, you don't deserve to win. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

Perfect game plan from Sam really.  Defend for all your life's worth for 90 minutes, hope to keep it at Nil - Nil or 1 - 0 till the last few minutes then try a smash and grab. 

It's worked perfectly. They'd have probably had shipped 10 here a couple of weeks ago. 

Exactly, it’s suicidal to go toe to toe with Liverpool if you’re West Brom (and it’s exactly what Liverpool want).

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Exactly. That dressing room will be bouncing now and a lot of those players will be buying into Sam because you can bet that game went exactly how he said it would.

Huge shot of confidence for WBA and a base to build from, they’ve a few nice fixtures ahead. They aren’t dead yet.

• Like 1

I don't think that first 45 was what Allardyce wanted with all 11 men parked behind the ball and no outlet going forward, it wasn't his game plan IMO, I think the players panicked a bit when they went 1-0 down. It changed completely at half time just giving Liverpool something to think about. I doubt he intended for it to be as backs against the wall as it was. 

4 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I don't think that first 45 was what Allardyce wanted with all 11 men parked behind the ball and no outlet going forward, it wasn't his game plan IMO, I think the players panicked a bit when they went 1-0 down. It changed completely at half time just giving Liverpool something to think about. I doubt he intended for it to be as backs against the wall as it was. 

I think 95% of football fans would have predicted it would have played out like that (the backs against the wall bit, and the possession).

• Like 1

Â