Boxing Day Weekend Football 26/27 December

andykeenan

Watching Liverpool against Albion reminds me of watching us against Burnley and Albion. I'm glad to see they're struggling to break 10 men down just as much as we did.

In fact, Liverpool are a very similar team to us at the moment.

We've potentially got the better keeper. Douglas is very similar to Henderson. The 2 fullbacks are quality. Salah and Mane are similar to Grealish and Watkins albeit they're more effective finishers.

I'm not saying we're on par with Liverpool because they're much more efficient at finishing chances while we seem to need an xG of 3 for every goal we score. But I can see a few parallels.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

This is honestly disgusting.

The pep talk must have been "You're going to get **** up the arse lads. Just stay behind the ball and try to keep the score down"

Just keep your cheeks squeezed really tight. 

"If we get relegated at least we tried to draw some games"

I can't believe teams are still investing in this shite.

Get relegated with Bilic, build on it and come back stronger or get relegated with Big Sam set your club back 3 years. Tough one 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, darrenm said:

Watching Liverpool against Albion reminds me of watching us against Burnley and Albion. I'm glad to see they're struggling to break 10 men down just as much as we did.

In fact, Liverpool are a very similar team to us at the moment.

We've potentially got the better keeper. Douglas is very similar to Henderson. The 2 fullbacks are quality. Salah and Mane are similar to Grealish and Watkins albeit they're more effective finishers.

I'm not saying we're on par with Liverpool because they're much more efficient at finishing chances while we seem to need an xG of 3 for every goal we score. But I can see a few parallels.

100% right (sorry if a bit blunt :P)

Another similarity is the energy of pressing we do to get the ball back - forwards and midfielders particularly. And the speed with which both sides turn defence into attack.

There's obviously differences, too - our use of wingers is more of a thing than with Liverpool, but I suppose that what we're saying is that yeah, Villa has become a good side :)

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, darrenm said:

The longer this stays 1-0, the more chance Albion have a nicking a point. It's just like our game.

It's either going to be 3-0 or 1-1.

And they will open up the last 15 in the same way, as you say at that point one or the other is likely.

Just now, sne said:

Kinda wondering if he was doing it to wake up his team.

I think he's doing it because he's a big camel-faced manchild who has a tantrum whenever things go against him.

Great manager, but I think he's a word removed. If Albion equalise, my sympathies to whichever poor interviewer takes the brunt of his ire this week. 

Â