Please tell me when to stop laughing at SHA

rjw63

9 hours ago, fifamad said:

Looks like they are also about to sign Brentford's Harlee Dean, haven't noticed him much tbh any opinions on him? He musnt of done much start of this season as Brentford are bottom. 

Who the fox hat? Harley Quinn's brother?

48 minutes ago, jim said:

I actually think they will finish above us this season. I just have no faith in the current regime and I think candleface will get them playing.

I couldn't actually give a toss about where they finish tbh.

However, if they DO finish above us then it'll be because we have finished in the bottom half, and that will be a total disaster given what we have spent on this squad.

I really did think they would beat reading tbh, if they could not motivate their new players at a full house sty and with the easy fixtures they had I think they could finish between 8th and 14th. Not going down no chance.

but like I said they have awful lot of Liam's so if they fail to go up it's a complete rebuild job again. Will candleface want to do that again?

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I really did think they would beat reading tbh, if they could not motivate their new players at a full house sty and with the easy fixtures they had I think they could finish between 8th and 14th. Not going down no chance.

but like I said they have awful lot of Liam's so if they fail to go up it's a complete rebuild job again. Will candleface want to do that again?

Is that their version of the Jordan's?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TrentVilla said:

Is that their version of the Jordan's?

Lets hope it goes spectacularly wrong. He has been moaning about the players not being good enough so now he has no excuses. If they lose their next few games i think he will be gone

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Lets hope it goes spectacularly wrong. He has been moaning about the players not being good enough so now he has no excuses. If they lose their next few games i think he will be gone

I think he'll walk if they are near the bottom by Christmas. He won't walk after next two games, Norwich & Leeds away will be tough anyways but he wouldn't quit then although I do think the fans will start getting on his back.

19 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

He's one of their better players, but the manager wants to sell him as he's in the last year of contract and won't renew. 

It's not a terrible signing. 

Couple of clarifications - The manager doesn't decide who gets sold or otherwise at Brentford. They have a very clear remit for all outgoing transfers - if an acceptable bid is made and the player wants to go, he goes. Also, it's not that he won't renew, it's that Brentford's wage structure is limiting. He thinks he can earn more elsewhere (which appears to be the case) and that's why he's going. So actually, you're probably right - he won't renew under the terms currently on the table.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, jim said:

Personally I think they will have a better season than us.

Do you mean they'll finish higher than us, or that relative to expectations they'll have done better than us?

Because the second I could kind of see the logic behind. but not the first. We'll finish above them

(and, fwiw, seeing as Redknapp has set expectations as top 6, the second scenario probably won't happen either)

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Do you mean they'll finish higher than us, or that relative to expectations they'll have done better than us?

Because the second I could kind of see the logic behind. but not the first. We'll finish above them

(and, fwiw, seeing as Redknapp has set expectations as top 6, the second scenario probably won't happen either)

Answered above, but I think they will finish above this year. Redknapp will get them playing and I have no faith in the current regime at VP to be consistent enough to even get us top 6.

38 minutes ago, jim said:

Answered above, but I think they will finish above this year. Redknapp will get them playing and I have no faith in the current regime at VP to be consistent enough to even get us top 6.

Nah

I cant comment on that yet as i have no idea how all these players will perform as a team. They could be excellent indivdual players but play shit as a team or just gel straight away.  The thing with redknapps signings alot of them are young will they have the leaders there with the experience to handle the pressures of this league?

33 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I cant comment on that yet as i have no idea how all these players will perform as a team. They could be excellent indivdual players but play shit as a team or just gel straight away.  

Kind of sounds likes something candleface himself would say. One thing you do know is that if it does go wrong it won't be his fault and if it goes even moderately well he'll be telling everyone he's performed a miracle.

Â