Please tell me when to stop laughing at SHA

rjw63

28 minutes ago, fifamad said:

10m is not a lot of money. Even though I hate blues I'm always honest with my opinions on players, signings etc of other teams. Their chairman has backed Arry but not stupidly, they have actually done very good business if you are honest, their biggest spend is 6m on Jota & imo that's peanuts when you consider he's talent, absolute bargain don't know why no other clubs didn't get in their. Imo he's one of the best attacking players in the league.

Might actually start winning a game or two now then. What's 'arry's excuse going to be if they continue with 1 win in 5, dodgy hip, dogs opening bank accounts again....

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Might actually start winning a game or two now then. What's 'arry's excuse going to be if they continue with 1 win in 5, dodgy hip, dogs opening bank accounts again....

He'll say they ain't good enough and buy another 11 players in Jan lol even though I think they've bought well Arry is always full of excuses when he loses, if he don't get top 6 with the squad they have now that's poor imo. 

33 minutes ago, bobzy said:

BIG WAGES for Gallagher is apparently £18k/wk.

I imagine most of our squad is on more than that.

There was an article that they paid significant fees to agents and I'm sure it was more than 18k wages I read?

i think their squad is big though only three outgoings shotton,  Keira and frei

they have signed what 11 players?? Even the loans they are paying fees and covering the wages

jota is a great ounce of business though. Still wait to be seen if a better signing than snodgrass who has played at top level 

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

There was an article that they paid significant fees to agents and I'm sure it was more than 18k wages I read?

The article stated £200k to agents, £1.2m loan fee and wages of £18k/wk. 

May well be a lot for a loan player - but they aren't lumbered with the costs after this season and that totals, what... £2m-ish?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Haven't seen Song play for ages, but if he is fit and motivated he was a very good player, so could turn out to be a shrewd signing 

Exactly would much rather have him than 33 year old whelan.

Being near the top on 10-11 points and then adding these signings is the way to do it rather than playing catch up from a poor start to the season as we found to our cost last year.

I'm aware btw we're only a point above them. Given our run of games in September if we're still only a point clear we will have issues and will have to change the manager.

Song wasn't interested much when he was at West Ham and that was three years ago.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Being near the top on 10-11 points and then adding these signings is the way to do it rather than playing catch up from a poor start to the season as we found to our cost last year.

I'm aware btw we're only a point above them. Given our run of games in September if we're still only a point clear we will have issues and will have to change the manager.

Song wasn't interested much when he was at West Ham and that was three years ago.

This is a much lower level. Song will be very good at this level. I think the game at the sty is going to be horrible to be honest as it stands. 

Aye Jota tore us apart at Griffin Park last season.  FairPlay on that signing but they are signing half Brentford's team it seems.  

We will be playing Brentford's reserves at Villa Park on the 8th!

10 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

Aye Jota tore us apart at Griffin Park last season.  FairPlay on that signing but they are signing half Brentford's team it seems.  

We will be playing Brentford's reserves at Villa Park on the 8th!

Alot of players tore us apart last season 

I am suprised noone else came in for him at 6m. Really unusual. Maybe because they have doubts he is a one season wonder and hasnt started the season that well thus far.

Good news the song deal is off but they brought in Brentford full back Maxime Colin who is a good right back imo. Heard that blues had concerns from Songs medical and only wanted to loan him but the club were asking for 3m loan fee.

3 hours ago, Zatman said:

Whelan who played premier league or Song who is a name but nobody knows where he played last year even Song himself

Was just about to ask, where the hell is he even playing right now :lol:

I don't know why people are freaking out right now, nobody in the Championship is touching our squad. Only thing holding us back is Bruce right now. 

Songs move to blose collapsed thats very good news for me, as i think he would be very good at this level. Blose have signed a lot of youngsters on loan. Will they have the experience to mount a promotion push?

Alot of their signings are from Brentford who are not doing particularly well in the league.

Well i dont think jota alone can get them promoted tbh and they look pretty lame in the middle of tgr park. Ndoye looks rubbish.

16 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

If they get Wiltshire song and jota I would put them as one of the best sides in the league. 

Nothing like a nice exaggeration on VT.

Of course it wouldn't make them one of the best side sin the league :crylaugh: 

Â