Please tell me when to stop laughing at SHA

rjw63

27 minutes ago, fifamad said:

SHA have signed Jeremie Boga from Chelsea on loan, anyone know much about him? Haven't seen him play tbh...

Played the first game of the season for Chelsea. I imagine he's pretty handy. 

5 hours ago, VillaChris said:

He was on loan at Granada last year. Saw them a few times but he didn't really stand out. Pereria on loan from Man. United did, he'd be a good pick up for someone.

Only seen him play once, against Arsenal in pre-season and I thought he looked a very good young player. Think he could be a good addition for them.

15 hours ago, One For The Road said:

Was that the game they lost at home to Burnley?

Yeah - he got subbed off after Cahill got sent off so didn't have any impact on the game (if that's what you're getting at...).

5 hours ago, fifamad said:

Looks like they are also about to sign Brentford's Harlee Dean, haven't noticed him much tbh any opinions on him? He musnt of done much start of this season as Brentford are bottom. 

He's one of their better players, but the manager wants to sell him as he's in the last year of contract and won't renew. 

It's not a terrible signing. 

• Like 1

Being sensible about it, Redknapp has brought in or is brining in some decent players.

But they've left it very late so you wonder how far down the list they've gone before getting to these names.

Theyve now got to build a side during the season which we know isn't the easiest thing to do plus it remains to be seen how committed the loan players are and what problems the displaced players cause.

Hard to call at this stage what impact these arrivals will have but personally I don't think they will go up or down this season.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jim said:

Personally I think they will have a better season than us.

They could finish 10 places below us and it could still be a better season for them than us. It's all about expectations really. For me, I expected them to finish around about 12th, with us finishing about 8th. I still think the same.

If that happens, then they WILL have had a better season than us, given we should really be trying to make the play offs and they should (always) be happy with mid table. 

Edited by One For The Road
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

He's one of their better players, but the manager wants to sell him as he's in the last year of contract and won't renew. 

It's not a terrible signing. 

Similar to Roberts then who's had an awful start for them.

12 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Similar to Roberts then who's had an awful start for them.

Sure, it might not work out, but the guy was Supporter's Player of the Year last season; it's a decent effort at a purchase (presumably means they're selling Shotton). 

2 hours ago, One For The Road said:

They could finish 10 places below us and it could still be a better season for them than us. It's all about expectations really. For me, I expected them to finish around about 12th, with us finishing about 8th. I still think the same.

If that happens, then they WILL have had a better season than us, given we should really be trying to make the play offs and they should (always) be happy with mid table. 

I actually think they will finish above us this season. I just have no faith in the current regime and I think candleface will get them playing.

Â