Please tell me when to stop laughing at SHA

rjw63

8 hours ago, DCJonah said:

A hall of fame NFL coach shitting on Small Heath on a live Netflix show. 

**** surreal. 

As a miami fan it's only time I will appreciate anything he has said or done 🤣

• Like 2

Just spotted this on Twitter...

May 2018: Birmingham beat Fulham 3-1 to keep themselves up. This game also consigns Fulham to the playoffs, sending Cardiff up automatically instead - a team Villa probably would have beaten in that play off final.

As Villa fans, we all know what losing that playoff final lead to, so Birmingham City are almost directly responsible for our current success. Let them know...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Let's face it, Blose have two things to keep them alive.

Hoping Villa lose and the promised land of Bordesley Green.

It's a pretty empty existence really.

Feel free to add to the list, if you think of anything. 😏🤔

8 minutes ago, turnbull said:

Let's face it, Blose have two things to keep them alive.

Hoping Villa lose and the promised land of Bordesley Green.

It's a pretty empty existence really.

Feel free to add to the list, if you think of anything. 😏🤔

Don’t forget there’s always the prospect of a sister, grandmother & cousin ‘foursome’, if she pops round.

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Robbie09 said:

Taken from SHA forum. Appears the levels of delusion amongst some of their lot hasn’t diminished….

For somebody like Will Still, Mousinho or similar, it's a chance for them to be part of something truly special over the next 3-5 years with full backing from one of the most ambitious ownership groups in world football. 

If TM does not continue, then I truly think we will have no end of applicants, some of which the general footballing fan would be quite shocked at.

I hear Ronald Mcdonald and Hamburglar are thinking of coming out of retirement to take up the gig

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Robbie09 said:

Taken from SHA forum. Appears the levels of delusion amongst some of their lot hasn’t diminished….

For somebody like Will Still, Mousinho or similar, it's a chance for them to be part of something truly special over the next 3-5 years with full backing from one of the most ambitious ownership groups in world football. 

If TM does not continue, then I truly think we will have no end of applicants, some of which the general footballing fan would be quite shocked at.

Look, they might well do.  They may have very serious backers who want to make them a huge success - naturally they'll be optimistic and everyone else will take the piss.  Whether or not the balance is the truth, who knows.

That said, Will Still isn't heading to Birmingham City in League One as his next managerial move.  Mousinho might, he's just taken Portsmouth up and could be swayed if the backers are very serious and he therefore gets paid a lot etc. etc.

I'd be very surprised if Mousinho would give up having a go in the championship after going up as champions at a club that he's loved and trusted at in exchange to going back down to league 1 for a basketcase. If you're a pro manager looking at an offer, you'd be stupid to not look at what they did with the Rooney appointment wouldn't you?

But hey, maybe he's keen on being part of the 6 episode feature they're expecting to get in welcome to Wrexham.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Pottervillan said:

I hear Ronald Mcdonald and Hamburglar are thinking of coming out of retirement to take up the gig

Nah, there's enough clowns and thieves inside that club already 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, pas5898 said:

I'm no financial expert. But losing 89 percent value off your stocks is a bad thing right? 

Financial genius! 

Source Tipranks

Screenshot 2024-05-07 135336.png

Was 87 a couple of weeks ago, SHA going down must have knocked a couple of % off the portfolio 🤣

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

Was 87 a couple of weeks ago, SHA going down must have knocked a couple of % off the portfolio 🤣

Still got solid fundamentals, the value can't go much lower as it's being kept afloat by now having two places to turn into world leading public toilets

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Robbie09 said:

The owners were so ambitious they sacked a competent manager, hired a high profile but clueless replacement who got the ball rolling in eventually getting them out of the Championship via the trap door.

Can’t  wait to see what brilliant and ambitious plans they have planned for division 3.

mate.

• Haha 1

These minted owners that are going to spend a small fortune actually only own the stadium I believe?  Hence bugger all spent on players.

I heard that Wycombe have had a takeover by a guy who could out spend them so maybe it won't be the walk in the park they expect.

Posted (edited)

The likes of Reading, Bolton, Charlton, Wigan and Huddersfield are all similar sized clubs to SHA. Add to that the money Wrexham and Wycombe have and the notion that this basket case of a club will steamroller the division is absolutely ridiculous.

They are deluded. They are on a downward trajectory with no manager, hardly any players, no experience of getting out of League 1 and with owners who have demonstrated not to know the first thing about running a football club.

The rebuild will take time and will be overseen by a gobshite hedge fund manager. A bad one at that given its haemorrhaging money.

They will be lucky to get Play Offs.

No chance they are winning that league.

Edited by GlobalVillan
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

The likes of Reading, Bolton, Charlton, Wigan and Huddersfield are all similar sized clubs to SHA. Add to that the money Wrexham and Wycombe have and the notion that this basket case of a club will steamroller the division is absolutely ridiculous.

They are deluded. They are on a downward trajectory with no manager, hardly any players, no experience of getting out of League 1 and with owners who have demonstrated not to know the first thing about running a football club.

The rebuild will take time and will be overseen by a gobshite hedge fund manager. A bad one at that given its haemorrhaging money.

They will be lucky to get Play Offs.

No chance they are winning that league.

It was years since they had experience of getting out of the championship but their "wonderful" owners achieved it first time.  Same result next season. 🤞

• Haha 1

I'm not sure at all how hedge funds work, but won't any investors be getting nervous given the reported losses? And whilst Knighthead's hedge fund is valued at over $3billion, how much of this is available for investment into the club? And given the Blues' relegation, won't this make it less attractive for investors also?

I may well be wrong, but the more I think about it the more I can't see where all the money is going to come from to achieve their ambitious aims. Manure's owners, until Ineos anyway, were able to generate the funds against the value of the club. I don't see how that can be replicated for a small club like Blues.

32 minutes ago, Jonesy7211 said:

I'm not sure at all how hedge funds work, but won't any investors be getting nervous given the reported losses? And whilst Knighthead's hedge fund is valued at over $3billion, how much of this is available for investment into the club? And given the Blues' relegation, won't this make it less attractive for investors also?

I may well be wrong, but the more I think about it the more I can't see where all the money is going to come from to achieve their ambitious aims. Manure's owners, until Ineos anyway, were able to generate the funds against the value of the club. I don't see how that can be replicated for a small club like Blues.

Like you, I can't see how this can work out well for them. Coventry City were also owned by a Hedge Fund Company, and they went through their lowest ebb under that ownership going down as low as League 2. Then you have the 777 Investment lot who were interested in Everton, who seem another company that don't seem to follow through with their grand plans and possibly putting everton in bigger problems with their proposes takeover. If a grand historic team like Everton are struggling to find decent owners, then what chance do sha have.

The idea of a Hedge Fund is to take a distressed company, invest and improve it to make a profit later down the line. So far Knighthead have made the distressed company even more distressed 😂 . I do wonder, if they have a sticky season next year and don't obtain promotion back to the Championship, will any idea of investment in squad or infrastructure be put on hold for a little while longer or may never happen? The sacking and appointment of managers this season was a massive mistake, but we did similar replacing Deano with Gerrard before thankfully Nas and Wes sorted it out. I guess we will find out in the coming months and years whether their actions speak louder than their words, let's see who their next boss will be and who they can bring in during the summer months.

All in all, this season has been amusing for us Villa fans, and makes my appreciation of NSWE even greater.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Â