Please tell me when to stop laughing at SHA

rjw63

8 hours ago, fifamad said:

Good news the song deal is off but they brought in Brentford full back Maxime Colin who is a good right back imo. Heard that blues had concerns from Songs medical and only wanted to loan him but the club were asking for 3m loan fee.

Exactly what happened with Amavi, yet everyone was losing their shit on here unable to understand why a club would do that.

26 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Nothing like a nice exaggeration on VT.

Of course it wouldn't make them one of the best side sin the league :crylaugh: 

It's irrelevant now as neither was signed but not a exaggeration at all. Funny a few weeks ago you were complaining about me "mocking you" but you have just done exactly the same. It's not exactly mocking is it? You shouldn't complain if you do the same to others for future reference. 

anyway on to your point a midfield of Wiltshire and song with jota name me 7 teams that would have had a better midfield three of that? 

I certainly think it would have been stronger than whelan, lansbury and Elmo. Although hourihane for me is a top cm and one I'd rather have than any of their three. 

Just now, Demitri_C said:

It's irrelevant now as neither was signed but not a exaggeration at all. Funny a few weeks ago you were complaining about me "mocking you" but you have just done exactly the same. It's not exactly mocking is it? You shouldn't complain if you do the same to others for future reference. 

anyway on to your point a midfield of Wiltshire and song with jota name me 7 teams that would have had a better midfield three of that? 

I certainly think it would have been stronger than whelan, lansbury and Elmo. Although hourihane for me is a top cm and one I'd rather have than any of their three. 

A team is more than just your midfield 3.

And considering Song has nosedived and Wilshere would have spent half the season on the physio table, I'd say half the league have a better midfield than that. It certainly wouldn't put them amongst the best in the league.

Anyway, like you said, they didn't make the signings anyway.

Harry's got his way. Plenty of signings, probably straining the club's finances. Watch him leave at Christmas now. His knees look sore.

8 hours ago, fifamad said:

Good news the song deal is off but they brought in Brentford full back Maxime Colin who is a good right back imo. Heard that blues had concerns from Songs medical and only wanted to loan him but the club were asking for 3m loan fee.

I thought Colin was a stand out when we played Brentford last season along with Jota and Vibe.

If we didn't have as many right backs as we do I would have suggested him as a player we should try and sign.

A good signing for them.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Zatman said:

Whelan who played premier league or Song who is a name but nobody knows where he played last year even Song himself

Would rather have the lad who hasn't had a decent season in half a decade over someone who was doing the business at the highest level 6 months ago. #justvillatalkthings

• Like 1

Central midfield options still look a bit weak to me. Gardner, Walsh, Ndoye, Gleeson and David Davis.

Pretty much what they had last season bar Ndoye who's been awful so far and a kid.

Rest of side looks decent but I'd still be surprised if they finish top 6.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

A team is more than just your midfield 3.

And considering Song has nosedived and Wilshere would have spent half the season on the physio table, I'd say half the league have a better midfield than that. It certainly wouldn't put them amongst the best in the league.

Anyway, like you said, they didn't make the signings anyway.

Harry's got his way. Plenty of signings, probably straining the club's finances. Watch him leave at Christmas now. His knees look sore.

Hope so bud that would be superb, for me it all stems to their next few fixtures as they have tough games. If they are winning a load of them they will be around top 6. If they start flopping he will give some lame excuses and leave typical candleface

3 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Central midfield options still look a bit weak to me. Gardner, Walsh, Ndoye, Gleeson and David Davis.

Pretty much what they had last season bar Ndoye who's been awful so far and a kid.

Rest of side looks decent but I'd still be surprised if they finish top 6.

Yes I agree they look average in CM. Davis can be decent on his day but Gardner looks finished. They do look a lot stronger in attack with Jota, Gallagher, Boga also Che Adams and Vassell to come back which adds a lot of pace. Bit tighter in defence I'd think with Colin & Dean. I think they will still miss out on play offs though as they have had a poor start and have a very tough September & players will need to gel. 

51 minutes ago, fifamad said:

Yes I agree they look average in CM. Davis can be decent on his day but Gardner looks finished. They do look a lot stronger in attack with Jota, Gallagher, Boga also Che Adams and Vassell to come back which adds a lot of pace. Bit tighter in defence I'd think with Colin & Dean. I think they will still miss out on play offs though as they have had a poor start and have a very tough September & players will need to gel. 

Barring jota the players defensively at brentford are pretty average to poor. Think.attacking they have done well.  But as we found out before we signed jedinak. If your cm is crap it dont matter how good your attackers are

16 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

To be fair, Jota is better than any signing we have made this window.

Jota is a very good signing; annoyingly so where they're concerned; but let's not get ahead of ourselves either. I'd fancy Terry, Whelan, Elmohamady or even Snodgrass to make a better fist of a Premier League season than him. 

42 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Barring jota the players defensively at brentford are pretty average to poor. Think.attacking they have done well.  But as we found out before we signed jedinak. If your cm is crap it dont matter how good your attackers are

Have you actually seen dean or Colin play? 

32 minutes ago, BOF said:

Jota is a very good signing; annoyingly so where they're concerned; but let's not get ahead of ourselves either. I'd fancy Terry, Whelan, Elmohamady or even Snodgrass to make a better fist of a Premier League season than him. 

Maybe but two or even three of those aren't exactly making a good fist of this Championship season thus far. 

8 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Maybe but two or even three of those aren't exactly making a good fist of this Championship season thus far. 

At the moment no, but we know what they're capable of.  I do think we have a tendency as fans to look at greener grass elsewhere in terms of transfers and while it can be true (Wolves), in this case we've bought proven Premier League quality whereas the noses have bought a quality Championship player (we've a few of those too).

Basically I think we've bought 3 or 4 better players than their best.  But yes he is good too undoubtedly.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, fifamad said:

Have you actually seen dean or Colin play? 

Can't say I've seen much but Brentford have been a very average defensive record  team

iwould people rather have hourihane fir 1.5m or jota for 6m. I know which I would

Edited by Demitri_C

15 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Can't say I've seen much but Brentford have been a very average defensive record  team

iwould people rather have hourihane fir 1.5m or jota for 6m. I know which I would

I agree Brentford's defensive record isn't great but having seen them play many times Colin & Dean are decent players they are certainly the best two out of their back 4. Hourihane is a top player that I rate but being totally honest Jota is the better player, having said that 1.5m is a lot cheaper so yes more value for money.

40 minutes ago, BOF said:

At the moment no, but we know what they're capable of.  I do think we have a tendency as fans to look at greener grass elsewhere in terms of transfers and while it can be true (Wolves), in this case we've bought proven Premier League quality whereas the noses have bought a quality Championship player (we've a few of those too).

Basically I think we've bought 3 or 4 better players than their best.  But yes he is good too undoubtedly.

3 or 4 better players than Jota :huh: 

id say Kodjia is better ... who else?

19 minutes ago, fifamad said:

3 or 4 better players than Jota :huh: 

id say Kodjia is better ... who else?

I meant 3 or 4 in this window.  Never mind the squad.  Whelan, Terry & Elmohamady are all long proven in the Premier League.  They are better players than Jota right now.  Snodgrass is arguable but I'd put him above him right now too.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, BOF said:

I meant 3 or 4 in this window.  Never mind the squad.  Whelan, Terry & Elmohamady are all long proven in the Premier League.  They are better players than Jota right now.  Snodgrass is arguable but I'd put him above him right now too.

Come on man that's just bias. So you are actually saying there's even more than 4 players in our squad better than Jota? lol

Wheelan better than Jota I can't even take seriously. Terry was no doubt far superior but looks a shadow of the player he was. Snodgrass doesn't have nowhere near the technical ability Jota has. Elmo is close but Jota has far class about him also more end product with goals & assists.

People may not like what I'm saying but it's at least honest no bias.

2 hours ago, fifamad said:

Come on man that's just bias. So you are actually saying there's even more than 4 players in our squad better than Jota? lol

Wheelan better than Jota I can't even take seriously. Terry was no doubt far superior but looks a shadow of the player he was. Snodgrass doesn't have nowhere near the technical ability Jota has. Elmo is close but Jota has far class about him also more end product with goals & assists.

People may not like what I'm saying but it's at least honest no bias.

So I'm biased because you don't agree with me? And only one of us is claiming a player who has moved to the noses is better than 3 who have spent McGrath-knows how many years playing top flight football. It is not bias just because you don't share someone's opinion.

Â