Please tell me when to stop laughing at SHA

rjw63

Hard to believe they do this so often, look half decent, flirt with the playoffs, sack the manager, get a clown in, play terribly, survive on the last day

Feels like about the 4th time in 10 years they've done this 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Hull got Plymouth last game...

So best result tonight would be a Hull win, so they can still catch Norwich on the final day thus make Norwich take it seriously. Second best would be a loss so that the game is a dead rubber against Plymouth.

No doubt it'll be a draw then

Edited by picicata
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Hank Scorpio said:

They will be safe. Norwich will rest the whole team. **** sake.

From a Norwich perspective I'd rather be playing Southampton than Leeds in the semi final, even if Leeds imploded last night, they are a stronger outfit and Elland road is a tougher place to go to.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I'm not sure they will. 

5th place is the best way to the final. 

3 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Not if Hull beat Ipswich later 

Honestly, I'll take those results all day long. Even if Plymouth didn't get any points they have a better GD (-12 v -16) and way more goals scored.

Small Heath can't get away with a draw unless Plymouth somehow lost by 5 goals, they have to beat Norwich (who are on title contender form!)

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, picicata said:

So best result tonight would be a Hull win, so they can still catch Norwich on the final day thus make Norwich take it seriously. Second best would be a loss so that the game is a dead rubber against Plymouth.

No doubt it'll be a draw then

Draw and Hull are 7 goals off Norwich so would require a huge win from them to catch Norwich so that certainly is the worst result!

Norwich do have some decent players on the bench. Jonathan Rowe been linked to us and just back from a few months out and he came on so could get perhaps an hour out of him if they're rotating next weekend. Experienced CBs like Danny Batth and Grant Hanley unused subs today so not like Wagner will just stick the under 12s in.

4 minutes ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

From a Norwich perspective I'd rather be playing Southampton than Leeds in the semi final, even if Leeds imploded last night, they are a stronger outfit and Elland road is a tougher place to go to.

West Brom will likely beat Preston so they'll need to win to avoid 6th.

3 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Draw and Hull are 7 goals off Norwich so would require a huge win from them to catch Norwich so that certainly is the worst result!

Norwich do have some decent players on the bench. Jonathan Rowe been linked to us and just back from a few months out and he came on so could get perhaps an hour out of him if they're rotating next weekend. Experienced CBs like Danny Batth and Grant Hanley unused subs today so not like Wagner will just stick the under 12s in.

But Norwich couldn't risk fielding a youth team and let blues win as it would only take a 4 or 5 nil Hull win to make it tight.

Greatest fans on the planet singing "you're not fit to wear the shirt" at Huddersfield.

Surely not? KRO and all that?

:crylaugh:

• Haha 1

Just now, turvontour said:

But Norwich couldn't risk fielding a youth team and let blues win as it would only take a 4 or 5 nil Hull win to make it tight.

Yeah that's decent thinking. SHA did beat Coventry 3-0 so they get an early goal etc and Hull get a couple of early goals etc...

All the press will be on Wagner after what he did v them in SHA regardless so I don't think it will be that weak regardless, they'd just rest Sara imo who's one of the best attackers in the division so they need him for the play offs to be 100%.

Bit like us resting Tammy v Norwich on final day of 2019 season but think apart from that it was a pretty strong team (actually Grealish and AEG didn't start either).

Obviously a Hull win tonight is the best result as Norwich then have to win next week to guarantee a play off place. A Hull defeat though means they play Plymouth away with f all to play for so you'd fancy Plymouth in that scenario. Blackburn are at an already promoted, and an almost certainly already Champions, Leicester with a draw for Blackburn meaning Sha can't catch them so you'd fancy them to get at least a point.  Sheffield Wednesday are flying going to Sunderland who have one win in their last 6 so you'd fancy Sheff Wednesday to get at least a point meaning Sha can't catch them. 

Either way you cut the cake Sha are in deep shit and if I was a betting man I'd say that shit is finally going to flush. 

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 2

Hull get something from Ipswich then Norwich need to play well to ensure they make the play offs. Or if Hull lose and can't make it then easier for Plymouth too perhaps?

southampton are absolutely terrible now. it's 100% the team you'd want to be playing in the playoffs. if i were norwich, i'd certainly not be rolling over vs blues and doing everything possible to finish 5th

Â