Please tell me when to stop laughing at SHA

Ryan.

16 minutes ago, pas5898 said:

Might just be me, but part of me hopes they get into the PL and become an actual rival. 

Pessimistically (Sky 6, FFP, Revenue model), the best we can hope for is the odd CL qualification and the odd cup run.

Having a credible rival and 2 games per season with bragging rights would be awesome. Might make Chris Heck etc up their game as well with regards to stadium expansions / innovation.

No way, let them rot

• Like 3

They're spending two to three billion the project, going to be a 60,000 capacity stadium, training ground for men, women, and academy all in one location, and they aim to have completed by 2029. Will be interesting to see what they do in the summer transfer window, as for all these plans to make sense they're going to have to get into the Premier League asap

• Shocked 1

2 minutes ago, useless said:

They're spending two to three billion the project, going to be a 60,000 capacity stadium, training ground for men, women, and academy all in one location, and they aim to have completed by 2029. Will be interesting to see what they do in the summer transfer window, as for all these plans to make sense they're going to have to get into the Premier League asap

2 to 3 billion how would they get a return on that investment?  Seems like fantasy to me.

• Like 1

Need to continually remind that this is the same club that had to run a several weeks long campaign consisting of publicly begging and selling tickets for dirt cheap, just to fill their relatively small stadium for the first time since we played them over 5 years ago.

And they stand a pretty good chance of dropping into League 1.

This will be interesting.

8 minutes ago, wishywashy said:

Need to continually remind that this is the same club that had to run a several weeks long campaign consisting of publicly begging and selling tickets for dirt cheap, just to fill their relatively small stadium for the first time since we played them over 5 years ago.

And they stand a pretty good chance of dropping into League 1.

This will be interesting.

My point exactly. Why do they have to oversell everything (leading to the inevitable failure)?

Why can’t it “just” be a new stadium to meet their needs for the current with capacity to extend in the future? That would be far too sensible wouldn’t it! 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, cyrusr said:

If they did this though it would just end up being haunted.

The Lidl will always lose money, the toilets won't flush and anyone who shops there will be instantly attracted to their siblings. 

"Asbestos spillage in the middle aisle"

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Genie said:

My point exactly. Why do they have to oversell everything (leading to the inevitable failure)?

Why can’t it “just” be a new stadium to meet their needs for the current with capacity to extend in the future? That would be far too sensible wouldn’t it! 

Xia's theme park on steroids. Where's the demand for all that they're promising?

So many ways this can go so horribly wrong for them in the next few years. Lovely.

57 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

2 to 3 billion how would they get a return on that investment?  Seems like fantasy to me.

You’re forgetting about all the possible UB40 gigs, coinciding with their new singles “we can see you from all the way down here, and you stink” and “we can hear you rattling from in League One”

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, meregreen said:

So Knighthead have finally bought the 48 acre wheels site. Noses going crazy about their new stadium. A few of the less deluded ones are pointing out that Knighthead own the land, not BCFC. This has the potential to all come crashing down. Hedge fund uses club to acquire land from council. Develops land, dumps club. They’re a hedge fund folks. They are in it for profit. This could be hilarious.

Knighthead are, as you say, a hedge fund. They don't have any particular need to own a patch of land outside the city centre for any reason other than owning a football club. They're businesspeople who want to make money, so they're looking at other ways to monetise the site (this is sensible). But they're not going to walk away from the club (or not in the near future anyway) just so they can own a newly-built mixed-use site of businesses, it's too small beer. 

1 hour ago, pas5898 said:

Might just be me, but part of me hopes they get into the PL and become an actual rival. 

Pessimistically (Sky 6, FFP, Revenue model), the best we can hope for is the odd CL qualification and the odd cup run.

Having a credible rival and 2 games per season with bragging rights would be awesome. Might make Chris Heck etc up their game as well with regards to stadium expansions / innovation.

Yeah…….it’s just you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, useless said:

£2-3 billion? Really! That's more than Spurs spent, more than Man Utd's new potential stadium, more than Real Madrid' stadium rebuild.    

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, pas5898 said:

Yeah **** that.

I hope they sink as low as possible while clinging on to existence

• Like 1

Their proposals are more than just a new stadium, the site they've brought is apparently ten times bigger than the location of their current stadium, they're suggesting it's going to be a Mancehster City style development, so will also include things like training ground, academy building, possibly an additional ground for their women's team, hotels, restuarants, housing, and so on, all on the same site. Whether all that is realistic I've no idea

3 minutes ago, ender4 said:

£2-3 billion? Really! That's more than Spurs spent, more than Man Utd's new potential stadium, more than Real Madrid' stadium rebuild.    

They only manage around 9 billion in total assets. They are valued at 3 billion. They aren't going spend 30 percent of their portfolio on a football stadium, which will be half empty.

Tony Xia / theme park vibes here.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, meregreen said:

So Knighthead have finally bought the 48 acre wheels site. Noses going crazy about their new stadium. A few of the less deluded ones are pointing out that Knighthead own the land, not BCFC. This has the potential to all come crashing down. Hedge fund uses club to acquire land from council. Develops land, dumps club. They’re a hedge fund folks. They are in it for profit. This could be hilarious.

Sir, are you insinuating that an American group of ubercapitalists would go into an economically depressed area, buy up public assets and/or other properties at at tremendous discount due to said depressions, collect favourable tax status after tax status upon same based upon promises of development and The Public Good, and then cynically turn those parcels of land into whatever will maximize profits over the well-beings of the town from which they acquired those assets?

• Like 2

Â