Please tell me when to stop laughing at SHA

Ryan.

He'll stop the rot at least but won't get them anywhere near the playoffs so they'll end up sacking him and replacing him with liam Ridgewell or someone 

11 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

Good appointment. Doubt he will get them promotion but he'll set them on the right path to doing so in the future.

You say that, but this is sha, they’ll find a way of **** it up. 

Edited by Genie

From Wayne Rooney to Tony Mowbray, smacks of a total lack of plan in my view. I’m sure he’ll keep them up because he is at least a semi competent Manager with a lot of experience but I don’t think he’s built a reputation on playing ‘fearless football’ and his teams either seem to blow hot or cold in the main.

If there’s any merit in the players actively wanting Rooney out then you’d imagine they probably wanted Eustace back in (not that the ‘brave’ new owners would even contemplate publicly acknowledging that they messed up in sacking him in the first place of course) and will Tony Mowbray satisfy them? Time will tell of course.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, djdabush said:

Annoyingly sensible. I can't say I've followed Mowbray all that much, but don't believe he's known for playing free flowing attacking football is he?

Pretty much his style of play. His West Brom team got relegated by not adapting

It hasnt worked everywhere though

Edited by Zatman

Mowbray won the championship with Olbiyun, the better part of 20 years ago.

He won nothing as a manager before that and has won nothing since.

Excellent appointment ;)

Mowbray. The typical managerial merry go round manager. He'll do a job and keep the bog clean, but you can't polish a turd.

Club number 8 (not counting Ipswich)

Hibernian, West Brom, Celtic, Middlesborough, Coventry, Blackburn, Sunderland

spacer.png

10 minutes ago, imavillan said:

Mowbray. The typical managerial merry go round manager. He'll do a job and keep the bog clean, but you can't polish a turd.

Club number 8 (not counting Ipswich)

Hibernian, West Brom, Celtic, Middlesborough, Coventry, Blackburn, Sunderland

spacer.png

how do you only manage a 51% win rate at Celtic!?!?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

how do you only manage a 51% win rate at Celtic!?!?

and only last 9 months in the job!!!!

his press conference's will be music to the ears of anyone suffering from insomnia

as dull as dull from dullingham 

Edit; i'm rattled

mate

Edited by imavillan
  • Haha 3

When you look at Mowbray's career as a manager it looks pretty average

3rd and 4th with Hibs,

Promoted with West Brom but then relegated

Heidn't last the season at Celtic,

He finished 12th, 7th, and 16th with Middlesbrough, was then sacked in the October with them 16th

He he took Blackburn job in February, couldn't save them from relegation, but got them promoted automatically, and then finished 15th, 11th, 15th, and 8th

He did  well at Sunderland to get a young team to 6th and play-offs,

Not a particularly exciting appointment, but he should keep them up, not sure beyond that, he left Sunderland because he wanted to sign some older players, this after he was allowed to sign Bradley Dack in the summer and that didn't work out, not sure that would be a sensible approach for his new club

Edited by useless

He's a bang average manager at that level, which is as good as they have any right to hope for at that shower. It's disappointingly sensible.

• Like 2

He will do “a job” for them mate!*

*Said whilst taking deep breath through teeth,adjusting belt position and taping index finger on the table 

Edited by MarkLillis

It's a slightly different situation as when he was appointed Blackburn manager in the February of 2017 they were already in the relegation zone, but he didn't save them, and they were only three points from safety with a game in hand and they still had fifteen games of the season left to play. We were only actually seven points ahead of them at that point, and seventeenth in the table, and they had a game in hand on us, this was in the Championship

His West Brom team was probably his high point. They were similar to Burnley under Kompany. Got promoted playing possession football but couldn’t get results trying that in the Premier League. 

4 hours ago, djdabush said:

Annoyingly sensible. I can't say I've followed Mowbray all that much, but don't believe he's known for playing free flowing attacking football is he?

He is actually. This will undoubtedly be the greatest challenge of his career.

Â