Please tell me when to stop laughing at SHA

Ryan.

1 hour ago, useless said:

Not sure how Carsley would be a sensible appointment, they're essentially in a relegation battle as it stands, so surely they need someone with at least a little experience at being a club manager, other than as a caretaker Carsley has no experience as a managing other than with England at youth level, his last game as a caretaker manager was actually for small heath and they lost 6-1 to Hull.

I think he could actually be a good manager, but in their postion would be a strange risk to take

Might make sense from a financial point of view though, as would probably mean them not having to sack Ashley Cole, and maybe O'Shea would stick around too

They've got a relatively young, inexperienced team and would be getting a manager who has spent time working his way through development squads to the "top" youth job going in England, delivering our first title in a long time.  Would also be an immediate favourite with the fanbase and presumably be inexpensive compared to going for "a name".

I don't think there's much evidence that an experienced name is needed in a relegation battle, is there?  People always trot out the Big Sam stuff, but it's a cliché.  You just need the right sort of character for a job.  For example, Danny Rohl has come in at Sheffield Wednesday despite having absolutely no managerial experience of any kind.  After a tough start, they've now taken 16 points from the last 9 games.  It may not continue, but they've massively improved and look much better equipped to survive off the back of it.

Their squad is nothing like the England U21 squad there's zero comparison, the England U21 squad is full of Premier League players worth tens of milions of pounds, most of them already playing at Premier League level, a number of them were already good enough for the England senior team, but Carsley was allowed to keep them in an attempt to win the Euros, he won't have anything like that level of player at small heath

Also I didn't say they needed an experienced manager like Sam Allardyce, just that surely they need someone with 'at least a little experience of being a club manager'.

Danny Rohl has worked as first team coach for RB Leipzig, Southampton, and Bayern Munich, and was also assistant manager for the German national team, so he was much more qualified than Carsley, also Wednesday could more afford to take a risk, because most thought they were already relegated anyway, they had nothing to lose

2 minutes ago, useless said:

Their squad is nothing like the England U21 squad there's zero comparison, the England U21 squad is full of Premier League players worth tens of milions of pounds, most of them already playing at Premier League level, a number of them were already good enough for the England senior team, but Carsley was allowed to keep them in an attempt to win the Euros, he won't have anything like that level of player at small heath

Also I didn't say they needed an experienced manager like Sam Allardyce, just that surely they need someone with 'at least a little experience of being a club manager'.

Danny Rohl has worked as first team coach for RB Leipzig, Southampton, and Bayern Munich, and was also assistant manager for the German national team, so he was much more qualified than Carsley, also Wednesday could more afford to take a risk, because most thought they were already relegated anyway, they had nothing to lose

I don't think I said anywhere that Birmingham City's squad is like the England U21 squad :D.  They've (Blues) just got a bunch of younger, inexperienced players and Carsley has been around younger, inexperienced players for his entire coaching/managerial career.  I have no idea how well he did during caretaker spells (other than he apparently won Championship Manager of the Month whilst at Brentford; who knew).

But, yes, Rohl has never had "at least a little experience of being a club manager" and is doing relatively well.

3 hours ago, villa89 said:

Talk they are after Lee Carsley, he is rumoured to be a very good coach. 

Carsley is a very good coach but he’s always been clear that he doesn’t want a head coach role. He’s turned down several manager jobs from memory, always saying it’s not his desire to have that role as he prefers to coach youth and development.
Of course, he might change his mind. Fingers crossed he doesn’t. 

7 hours ago, VillaJ100 said:

The legendary Zola had 0.58

Yeah, Rooney's time has been fun but Zola is the all-time GOAT, they'll never have a funnier manager than that. Their owners then gave less of a shit so allowed it to go on longer.

11 hours ago, kurtsimonw said:

The only thing they've done wrong is 2 of the very few decisions they've had to make so far? Okay.

To paraphrase Boris, at least they got the big decisions wrong. 

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Zatman said:

This is not a piss take tweet, they are serious

They had a couple of noses ring into talkSPORT the other day saying that other than this the club is doing really well. He was listing the club shop, catering, facilities, the stands being fixed, signage etc. You could just see Simon Jordan’s face and eventually when the inbred shut up Jordan was like “so what. It’s a football club and they’re terrible on the pitch”

Annihilated in one sentence.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, mjmooney said:

To paraphrase Boris, at least they got the big decisions wrong. 

The stadium wasn’t as oven ready as originally thought and the nice new blue passports, even though the correct colour will never get used

Tony Mowbray gone 1/5 this afternoon,

Cooper gone out to 12/1 from being Odds-on last night so presumably told them to go **** themselves :D

Â