Please tell me when to stop laughing at SHA

Ryan.

32 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Wouldnt it funny if they had to ground share with Coventry? Imagine going from landlords to tenants at another club you intially had as yours.

Foesnt get much more humbling and humiliating than that

Theyd both be tenants. I think the stadium is owned by Wasps RUFC. Multiple occupancy then. Bit like a shelter for the homeless. 😂😂

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, meregreen said:

Theyd both be tenants. I think the stadium is owned by Wasps RUFC. Multiple occupancy then. Bit like a shelter for the homeless. 😂😂

That will never happen, they'll have to share Cov's new ground which will probably never get built, knowing SISU. 

23 hours ago, meregreen said:

Theyd both be tenants. I think the stadium is owned by Wasps RUFC. 

I guess that says something about the insane nature of football finance, that rugby union - a far less lucrative sport - seems to have a more stable financial model. 

3 hours ago, mjmooney said:

I guess that says something about the insane nature of football finance, that rugby union - a far less lucrative sport - seems to have a more stable financial model. 

Coventry we’re and are poorly run though. They had a strange set up where they invited investors to put money in to sign players with an agreement that they could share in the profits of sales. When most of those players turned out to be shit, that financial model simply added to their woes when they lost their Premiership status. Basket case of a club.

9 minutes ago, El Zen said:

It’s incredible how a team as shit as them are in no danger whatsoever of going down. 

Every season, there are - somehow - always 3 teams sh!ttier than sha.

Somehow 🤷‍♂️

They'll probably finish in 20th and only end up being saved by the points deductions to Reading and Derby, one of which will go down.

Start next season with a few good results and get ideas above their station before slowly sinking down the table but always far enough away from danger. Rinse and repeat.

Edited by fightoffyour
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

They'll probably finish in 20th and only end up being saved by the points deductions to Reading and Derby, one of which will go down.

Start next season with a few good results and get ideas above their station before slowly sinking down the table but always far enough away from danger. Rinse and repeat.

What's saved them year on year is just some absolutely inexplicable wins against teams in the top 2-3. Like they smash and grab about 9 points a season this way and it's always enough. 

1 hour ago, fightoffyour said:

They are just like that huge turd that wont flush, just sitting there stinking up the place. 

Mate!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/60486426

Birmingham City captain Troy Deeney has called for the teaching of black, Asian and minority ethnic history and experiences to be made mandatory across the school curriculum.

The striker - a prominent anti-racism campaigner - says the change is needed to inform, identify and combat discriminatory stereotypes from an early age. 

Deeney has launched a petition and released an open letter to Nadhim Zahawi, the secretary of state for education, revealing the results of a YouGov survey he commissioned. 

Deeney says it showed the majority of British teachers, who took part in the study, believe the school system has a racial bias, while only 12% feel empowered to teach diverse topics.

"I believe the current system is failing children from ethnic minorities," the 33-year-old told Zahawi in the open letter. "I urge you…to review this topic again."

Whilst I support the message that's he's trying to put across, there's no way Deeney has written a letter.   How would he hold a pen with webbed hands??

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, dubbs said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/60486426

Whilst I support the message that's he's trying to put across, there's no way Deeney has written a letter.   How would he hold a pen with webbed hands??

He's on the news now live.  Very eloquent and well spoken.

Edited by Wainy316

Â