Pre-Match Thread

It's Your Round

Why not they are experienced premier footballers just not good enough for the Villa. Or were they given some of the players we have tried to replace them with ?

Edited by smg
Forgot

Not the worst week to see our first suspensions. I was a bit worried about burnout to our first eleven as we don't have guys in the bench busting down the door to stake a claim for the team and it is a hard thing for a manager to change a successful team. These enforced changes may just serve us well later in the season

• Like 3

12 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

The midfield is interesting with Ramsey becoming a genuine contender for a place. The back up three; Hourihane, Nakamba and Ramsey doesn't have an obvious lead candidate.

What's happening with Trez, does anyone know?

Head injury caused by running into blind alleys

• Confused 1

At least we don’t have to wait long for this one. The gaps between the last few days have felt like an eternity. I know Burnley beat Arsenal yesterday, but so did we, and so did Wolves. Even without Cash and Douglas-Luiz, I’m still feeling confident. 

I’m predicting a win, 2-1 Villa and Watkins to get back on the score sheet. 

With Doug and Cash out we will have to make a few changes no matter what. I assume Elmo is most likely to step in at RB but Guillbert is probably more suited to replace Cash. Then Marv is the natural replacement for Doug. Barkley must be close to returning too, premier league have him 50-50 for the game. 

Knowing how Burnley will approach this one I think I'd go with this:

Martinez

Elmo Konsa Mings Targett

Marv McGinn

Traore Barkley Grealish

Watkins

I'm never confident against Burnley but I think we should have enough and be defensively sound, 2-0. 

• Like 1

I would bring in Elmo and Marv. To lose 2 of the defensive 5, I would rather one of the replacements have a bit of experience.

Having said all that, I think Marv will have a good game. Westwood will just point to where the balls going to go.

56 minutes ago, colhint said:

I would bring in Elmo and Marv. To lose 2 of the defensive 5, I would rather one of the replacements have a bit of experience.

Having said all that, I think Marv will have a good game. Westwood will just point to where the balls going to go.

yep i think this game is set up for marv here. ramsey keeps his place assuming barkey isn't ready

This game should be named as Wesley's Revenge!. 

Is there still a gap between the gates on the Doug Ellis side I haven't been able to go past Villa Park since lockdown. I'm willing to be a guest of Her Majesty's Judiciary for the holidays.