Pre-Match Thread

It's Your Round

With Cash & Luiz suspended, i would go:

Martinez

Guilbert - Konsa - Mings - Targett

McGinn - Nakamba

Traore - Barkley - Grealish

Watkins

Although i have no doubt that Elmo will start at RB, and Trez will probably come back in for Traore if fit?

• Like 1

It'll definitely be Elmo. Smith and others weren't impressed with Guilbert last season.

I'd guess Marvelous would do a straight swap for Douglas to keep the shape.

I'm really hoping Barkley is fit because he'll make the difference.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, darrenm said:

It'll definitely be Elmo. Smith and others weren't impressed with Guilbert last season.

I'd guess Marvelous would do a straight swap for Douglas to keep the shape.

I'm really hoping Barkley is fit because he'll make the difference.

If it’s Traore it has to be Elmo, if it’s Trez could be Guilbert. 

looking at Arsenal game Burnely did line attacking and crossing a lot, especially from the right ride. They just overload on the ball side when attacking so not necessarily pace but numbers. 

we will win if we don’t gift them a goal. I don’t think Burnely have the capability to play us out of the game, it’s more us losing it 

If we manage to win this it will be royt modt mportant of the season.

Probably due a draw, wouldn't be surprised if it came in this fixture or the Albion game.

Edited by useless
Erase erratum

Really don't fancy this.

Our squad is so so thin.

I'd take a point if none of Cash, Luiz and Barkley are fit.

Four points OK for me from the next two.

I know Dean Smith wouldn't take a point so I'm excited to watch.

1 minute ago, Tomaszk said:

I'd take a point if none of Cash, Luiz and Barkley are fit.

Ok. Question.

With the injured and suspended players out of the picture how many of the Burnley players would you take in our starting XI?

Even with the players out i still would take none of their players

46 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Ok. Question.

With the injured and suspended players out of the picture how many of the Burnley players would you take in our starting XI?

Even with the players out i still would take none of their players

What about that midfielder that scored winning goal last game?

• Haha 1

The point of Burnley has never been about their individual players, more about their team, over the last few seasons they've won many games against teams that wouldn't take a single one of their players. In fact a degree of their relative success probably stems from others looking at their individual players and underestimating them as a team, we have to guard against that, if we play at our best we can get a good result but can't afford to be complacent.

Edited by useless
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Defending set pieces and crosses into the box is going to be vital in this match. Mings will need to keep Wood quiet if we are to win.

Hause and Davis may have a part to play in this game. 

The mcginn tactic of blocking the runner scares the hell out of me , really concerned about this

Tricky game especially with the absentees. But id rather they were out of Burnley at home than West Brom away.

Be interesting to see what alterations Smith makes. Barkley and Trez possibly could return, does Ramsey keep his place? Elmo or Fred? Conor/Nakamba? Traore/Anwar? A lot of variables.

1-0 McGinn

That’ll do nicely

2 hours ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Tricky game especially with the absentees. But id rather they were out of Burnley at home than West Brom away.

Be interesting to see what alterations Smith makes. Barkley and Trez possibly could return, does Ramsey keep his place? Elmo or Fred? Conor/Nakamba? Traore/Anwar? A lot of variables.

1-0 McGinn

That’ll do nicely

I don't think Burnley is a game to play Ramsey in. There's no doubt he's a good player but Burnley will kick lumps out of him. 

As much as we all dislike Ben Mee he is their most important player, him and Tarkowski are a top center back pairing so they will be hard to break down. We can win this game in midfield with McGinn and Barkley linking up with Grealish and Trez/ Traore. If we play well we win, simple as that. But Burnley will be Burnley so don't expect it to be easy. 

5 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

We should probably do short corners every single time.

Just no point whipping it into their box. Will serve no purpose.

I agree with this. We will most likely lose the aerial battle every time in their box so best to utilize our technical skills to move the ball into dangerous shooting positions via players like McGinn, Grealish and Barkley (if he plays).

2 minutes ago, BOF said:

We should be beating Burnley. Simple as that.

Yes i definitely  agree.

Even with the injuries and suspensions i feel we have the better players in every position.

They have Lowton and Westwood as starters ffs 😂