Pre-Match Thread

It's Your Round

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

Cash is much better than Elmo! 

Isn't Barkley out?

Ok maybe I’m being overly negative on this one. 

Cash is great but I'm a big fan of Elmo too. I think he's really underrated.

Hopefully Barkley will be back. He could make the difference.

• Like 1

Just now, alreadyexists said:

Can see a lot of their players getting booked, as that’s the only way they know how to play football. The bunch of thugs. They’ve taken stoke’s crown in that regard.

I'd put Grealish on Mee and run at him.

15 minutes ago, darrenm said:

I'd put Grealish on Mee and run at him.

I worry Mee will be looking to make a mark on our players again, more than a mark on the game. He makes Vinny Jones look innocent. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, turvontour said:

No way. Especially not this season, in any fixture, not even Man City.

Would you have took a point before Liverpool, Leicester, Arsenal and Wolves?

Yep, I'd have taken a point before any of those games. Point wouldn't be the end of the world tonight either, would mean we stop the rot of continuously getting turned over at our place for a start.

We should have the beating of them, but we had the beating of West Ham and played them off the park and got nothing, we were the better team against Brighton and Southampton too. I'd argue we played better in those games than the Wolves game as well. A point in those 3 games and we'd be 7th right now with 3 games in hand on the teams around us. A points a point, we NEVER go out and play for a draw under Smith and I'm all for that attitude but still, if you can't win it, don't lose it.

6 minutes ago, YouUnastanFren said:

A **** men to this. Had more than enough being happy with a point before kickoff under McLeish and Lambert to last me a lifetime.

I'm sure it was with Bruce as well in the championship. It was our go to result for months. "We's going very well, 4 unbeaten." Ye you've got 4 points from last 12, well done.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, romavillan said:

Yep, I'd have taken a point before any of those games. Point wouldn't be the end of the world tonight either, would mean we stop the rot of continuously getting turned over at our place for a start.

We should have the beating of them, but we had the beating of West Ham and played them off the park and got nothing, we were the better team against Brighton and Southampton too. I'd argue we played better in those games than the Wolves game as well. A point in those 3 games and we'd be 7th right now with 3 games in hand on the teams around us. A points a point, we NEVER go out and play for a draw under Smith and I'm all for that attitude but still, if you can't win it, don't lose it.

If youd took a point before those four we would be right in the relegation mix with Burnley, Fulham and Brighton. Tonight would be seen as a six pointer, with huge pressure.

I don't think losing games matters as long as you're roughly winning an equal amount.

11 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I predict two VAR penalties to us.

It says something about modern football that there are so many VAR related bets on the betting websites, and that those bets all sound so appealing!

I hope we have learnt from the Brighton game that we need to take the game to these sides when we're at home. We were great at it against Wolves, and I think with the same tactics we can win this one also. 

Yes this is a potential banana skin but Burnley are not as bad as their league position would suggest, perhaps they've been slow starters but they will be tough to beat. I think having Barkley back if he's fit will be absolutely vital, as we will have to get creative to break down a side that is well-organised at the back. 

Time to show we can win consistently, as it's been up and down for the last 2 months or so. 2-0 for me.