Pre-Match Thread

It's Your Round

Only thing you can imagine is he has an eye on Sunday. They are coming thick and fast now. We've had a nice steady, none too hectic schedule getting to 10. Gonna accelerate a bit now. Not gonna see our best 11 out every game. That's just the reality.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, est1874 said:

It bothers me that we get no information on why players are out.

Nobody knew Trezeguet was injured but he's missed two games now. The reasons for Konsa's absence will remain a mystery until.....? When exactly

Last we heard about Barkley, he might be in contention to play, now he's not even on the bench despite the other injuries and suspensions.

All a bit strange tbh.

Why let the opposition know any earlier than necessary. The fans can find out later it’s not strange at all.

4 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

He's either fit or he isn't. Not sure what you're getting at here!

But exactly: if he's clearly not fit by Thursday, how has he been deemed a 'maybe' on Wednesday? That just doesn't make sense to me, unless he's done himself additional harm.

There were no images of him training at all this week so why tell people he might play? Surely Dean knew that he wouldn't.

Edited by est1874

Shame we’ve had to field such a weakened side. We just have to hope that the fringe players have improved since last season and can be capable of playing 90 minutes without stupid errors. We’ve still got Jack who is always capable of winning a game on his own. Could do with Watkins and McGinn having one of their better days. 

Wouldn't be my first choice XI obviously but Elmo and Hause provide some good aerial presence and the three behind Watkins could be very threatening. Good to see El Ghazi get a chance and at least we have a penalty taker on the pitch! Should be interesting. 

Edited by blunther
  • Like 1

Just now, est1874 said:

But exactly: if he's clearly not fit by Thursday, how has he been deemed a 'maybe' on Wednesday? That just doesn't make sense to me, unless he's done his injury a harm.

There were no images of him training at all this week so why tell people he might play? Surely Dean knew that he wouldn't.

Keeping the opposition guessing 😉

• Like 1

So we're missing Cash, Konsa, Luiz, Barkley and Trezeguet (and Wesley). Five in total. For what it's worth, I reckon that's not far off as bad as it's going to get, and considering that, this line up isn't as bad as I'd expected.

Also, I see Steer is still on the bench, Heaton has played three or four full games for the U23's now, I wonder how close that decision is.

• Like 1