Pre-Match Thread

It's Your Round

Just now, Johnnyp said:

Hause is a god damm awful defender. Engels must be rubbish in training. 2 lefties at CB. Hate it. It's awkward. Nakamba. Strange one. Burnley tend to bypass midfield anyway.

I don't think Hause is that bad. He's very, very good in the air and Burnley will be playing a lot of high balls into the box with Wood up there. 
Hause suits this game. Even if Konsa was fit, there would be an argument to play Hause in this fixture. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Also a bit harsh on Ramsey.

But to be fair he didn't have a brilliant game.

He got pushed off the ball to easily, Smith probably worried about that. You need physicality

Yes you need physicality against Ashley Westwood.

Edited by Johnnyp

It bothers me that we get no information on why players are out.

Nobody knew Trezeguet was injured but he's missed two games now. The reasons for Konsa's absence will remain a mystery until.....? When exactly

Last we heard about Barkley, he might be in contention to play, now he's not even on the bench despite the other injuries and suspensions.

All a bit strange tbh.

Edited by est1874

5 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Ooof.

Missing two of the back four - Konsa being out is a blow.

Midfield two of McGinn and Nakamba looks like it could struggle.

Then three wingers behind Watkins - Traore I reckon will be the one predominantly in the No. 10 role.

If we win it, it'll be through outscoring them.

I’d be very surprised if we win by not outscoring them 🤓

I agree, though. These absenses make me more nervous than I would have been. 

• Like 1

Just now, est1874 said:

It bothers me that we get no information on why players are out.

Nobody knew Trezeguet was injured but he's missed two games now. The reasons for Konsa's absence will remain a mystery until.....? When exactly

Last we heard about Barkley, he might be in contention to play, now he's not even on the bench despite the injuries.

All a bit strange tbh.

He's either fit or he isn't. Not sure what you're getting at here!

8 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Just shows how weak we are in the squad after you get past the normal first XI when we have to put out a team like this.  

Whether win or lose tonight we definitely need to strengthen the squad but we knew that already.

Predict we will do what we do best against this type of opposition: concede a totally nonsensical and avoidable early goal, possibly from a set-piece, and then struggle to break them down for 90 mins.

Jack will save our blushes for the umpteenth time with a late equalizer, and/or we'll have more late penalty drama.

• Haha 1