Match Thread: Wolves v Villa

limpid

That handball is worse the more I think about it.

At first I pretended I was a teacup and saw how far my elbow stuck out, it was a lot.

2nd I thought if I had my arm fully sticking out and it hit me in the elbow would it be a clear handball, yeah it would.

Then i saw the replay again, where I swear he throws his elbow at it.

Then Nuremberg tells me that VAR thinks it hit his head.

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

Oopps.  Haven't seen the team sheet, just assumed. 

Explains why someone wanted ElGhazi on then (which mystified me) 

What's up with Trez then? 

In that case Traore has to stay on but Robinson needs replacing. 

Try again 😋

1 minute ago, romavillan said:

They've changed the wording in the rules, if it's ball to hand and the player's arm is in an expected position then it's not a foul.

And I’m perfectly fine with that, and it’s perfectly in sync with what I think should be the rules. That, and common sense, says let that one pass. But, it’s hard to believe that wouldn’t be given against us or in favour of one of the media darling clubs. It’s all just a mess. 

The ref has defintely been a bit trigger happy on the yellows, but let's perhaps question why it is Cash and Luiz feel the need to pull their opponents back there? Why is it that Cash has racked up a suspension this early in the season, and some of our midfield are close to suspensions themselves? We are second to too many balls, consistently trying to recover from positional and tactical mistakes, and not covering for each other efficiently. We aren't a cohesive unit. 

8 minutes ago, IrishVillain said:

This is the same for everyone bar Jack in our midfield. Their shielding of the ball is remarkably poor, and it seems like they are constantly telegraphing their turns to the opposition. It's a recurring theme with Luiz and McGinn I feel, they have very little composure facing their own goal. Does anyone else notice this from game to game? 

We lack physicality in the midfield

Men against boys

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Well, I need to find better coverage WM haven't mentioned a handball for a penalty, have suggested Traore is our best player and have agreed with every decision the ref has made.

Traore is no where near our best player. ...except for one lovey touch 

Edited by Nigel