Match Thread: West Ham v Villa

limpid

We have been the better team from the moment they scored.

We just dont seem as if we believe we are going to win this if it doesnt sound stupid!

Lovely move that led to the Watkins effort mind; More of that please!

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Bazmonkey said:

West spam are for the taking here.

If we just moved it quicker with more conviction this game would be ours.

We are playing at their pace.

The amount of space we have at the back sometimes is begging to be run in to

They are and we should and we have in other games this season, so all the signs are positive, but... we've always got a defensive rick in us, as Mings and Targett are frequently at pains to point out.

Just now, Demitri_C said:

Cant see west ham being that poor 2nd half so we will have a game 2nd half

That’s what I’m thinking. They were awful that half and we were quite good. We’re going to have to be really good second half as they’ll be quite good.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Quick thoughts:

Poor 5-10 minutes.

Mings is pedestratian when not under pressure.

I thought free kicks would be important and proving so. Connor is unlucky, just need to be mindful of not being overloaded in the midfield.

I counted maybe 10 fouls or more? A lack of yellows is a joke. Ref is giving Jack no protection.

Don't care about deflections, that was a thunderous strike.

We are playing much better. Could easily be 3-1.

We really need to start kicking up a massive fuss about this, imagine how plop, manure or chelski would behave if this happened to their players.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, stegzy said:

That’s what I’m thinking. They were awful that half and we were quite good. We’re going to have to be really good second half as they’ll be quite good.

I'm not a big fan of his but Moyes is an experienced manager. He won't be happy with the last 44mins of that half. He'll fire them up.

1 minute ago, Farlz said:

I really don't understand this zonal marking we do at corners. How is it beneficial at all? 

I'm sure there's probably a load of stats out there that show that defending corners via zonal is better than man marking. We just seem to be bad at it.

4 minutes ago, vreitti said:

Targett is still a total liability. 

Targett has just had an awful half of football. There are games when you look at him and he just looks like he doesn’t fancy it, not up for the physical challenge. Let’s hope he gets a strong message at the break to up his game.

1 minute ago, Farlz said:

I really don't understand this zonal marking we do at corners. How is it beneficial at all? 

It's the same as all systems. It's great if it's done well. Where the ball drops for the goal you'd think either Konsa or Ming's should be dealing with it.