Happy Christmas or Something (2020)

Seat68

Yeah, annual leave.

I’d had a busy year last year so had some left over. Then in March, well, shit happened and I was one of the ones not furloughed so work went really busy. Then the last few months we got a contract which has essentially saved the company but has meant I’ve been working 55 / 60 hour weeks since early October.

So this year, I didn’t quite manage to use up the carry over from last year.

So I now have 28 days leave to use between now and the 31st.

43 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

So I now have 28 days leave to use between now and the 31st.

You're beating me but I'll have used the two weeks I had to book before the end of the year and will roll the remaining 15 over and take them one day a week until the spring to get rid of them, still leaving me with next years allowance

• Like 1

21 hours ago, bickster said:

I don't finish until 5pm Xmas Eve

Xmas Eve for me, but hopefully about 2pm

Today has been horrific though - possibly the busiest working day of the year so far for me. 

10 minutes ago, bickster said:

Actually today was alright, yesterday was horrendous though. I only currently have one appointment for tomorrow and its a returning driver so much shorter than a brand new one, that's around midday so my CEO said I could finish the day from home if there were no more appointments and as if I'm not opening a bottle of something or other the minute I've washed my hands

Just been to M&S to pick up the turkey and beef pplus other pre-ordered items - caused a bit of a scene. Estimated cost £138 minus £40 already paid. So I was expecting something in the region of £100 give or take. So that'll be £148... Erm are you quite sure? the estimate price remaining is approx £98. Yes sir they do tell you that the prices can vary on the weight when you order. Yes I realise that but to be £50 over on an order of £100 is somewhat of a large approximation error on two pieces of meat that are together in the region of £80

More computer says no nonsense ensues... can you get someone else to look at this please? But thats what the til says... Its wrong, get someone who can understand that the magnitude of the error is so great that it can't possibly be right please

Finally goes to get someone. 1 minute later it is declared that I am indeed correct because I only ordered one £50 joint of beef, I was only in possession of one joint of beef and not the two that were on the till. So it wasn't the till that was wrong either, it was the person that scanned it twice. I'm a nightmare when shit like this happens normally but today I was perfectly relaxed and politely stood my ground with no raised voices and only a minor sprinking of sarcasm. It is Xmas after all!

Just seen this footage of you leaving the shop 

Shop-gif-1ab7.gif?crop=0px,9px,480px,252

• Haha 2

I am on a night shift now til 7am and then i aint back in til 4th jan. Work from home for a global logistics company so no front line heroics from me. More of a Captain Darling role, counting paperclips 30 miles away, rather than doing parcel delivery stuff like our boys and girls in their vans, lorries and planes.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, bickster said:

Ah f***. The missus opened the fridge door this morning and something fell out of the fridge that I now have to go and buy again before work...

Gravy, f***ing GRAVY!

Definitely worth getting though - goes a treat on top of that Christmas fish.😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, bickster said:

Ah f***. The missus opened the fridge door this morning and something fell out of the fridge that I now have to go and buy again before work...

Gravy, f***ing GRAVY!

I am sure @blandy has some to spare. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Haha 1

Â