Happy Christmas or Something (2020)

Seat68

7 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Celery is good for making a nice stock and other than that it has no use in the kitchen! 

If Chelsea fans are to be believed it does serve a purpose in the bedroom though. 

• Like 1

I think I'm beginning to understand the people who got so angry about the Rashica thread. 

Come on here to read about all the Christmassy things and got 4 pages about fibrous frickin vegetables. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Yeah, I can live without rhubard, too. Horrible sour stuff, but at least it can be made almost palatable by drowning it in colossal quantities of sugar and custard. But the nasty bitterness of celery is beyond help. 

Good thing you don't live in the rhubarb triangle. 

Just to add some balance to the thread, rhubarb is amazing and celery is perfectly acceptable to eat raw, with some primula or other such squeezy cheese. It’s also a must for a bolognese sauce, but it’s got to be softened as it’s no good crunchy. 

Anyway, merry Christmas 200.gif

My mom's flights over for NYE have been cancelled due to the new strain of rona 

Means she won't see my 7 month old this Xmas and won't have seen here since September probably until late Feb all being well

Means I've got 11 days to drop hints to my wife about my intentions to get blind drunk still just on my own... 

1 hour ago, Tegis said:

Gravlax ready

image.thumb.png.39c770ff0d0207ccbb2560dc67deda49.png

The glass mug - that must be for the...y'know....the....I mean...I guess it's like people who have their beans seperate from their fry up, right? 

Maybe you can put it on in a bit...it must still be on the stove, thickening nicely....

• Haha 3

Slightly tangent to the usual Christmas song chat, and acknowledging that we’re a fairly secular bunch on here....are there any favourite Christmas carols among VTers?

Nothing out of the ordinary for me, the more upbeat ones mainly. Good King Wenceslas, 12 days of Christmas, God rest ye merry gentlemen, I saw three ships are the ones I can think of.

I don’t exactly go out of my way to seek these out but if there’s Christmas music being played I’d rather hear these over, say, Macca simply...having....a wonderful Christmas time.

13 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Slightly tangent to the usual Christmas song chat, and acknowledging that we’re a fairly secular bunch on here....are there any favourite Christmas carols among VTers?

Nothing out of the ordinary for me, the more upbeat ones mainly. Good King Wenceslas, 12 days of Christmas, God rest ye merry gentlemen, I saw three ships are the ones I can think of.

I don’t exactly go out of my way to seek these out but if there’s Christmas music being played I’d rather hear these over, say, Macca simply...having....a wonderful Christmas time.

Yeah, despite my atheism, I do like a carol concert, pure childhood nostalgia - God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen, Ding Dong Merrily on High, In Dulce Jubilo, Angels From the Realms of Glory, O Come All Ye Faithful, Wenceslas, I Saw Three Ships, Silent Night, Deck the Halls, Joy to the World, We Three Kings... good tunes. Although around here they have a pernicious habit of singing While Shepherds Watched to the tune of On Ilkla Moor Baht 'At. 

• Like 1

Â