Transgenderism

Chindie

6 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

She shouldnt be getting death threats period over this in my view.

Is there any actual evidence of death threats though Dem? Or is she just you know trying to get some column inches because in reality no one cares who she is

2 minutes ago, bickster said:

Is there any actual evidence of death threats though Dem? Or is she just you know trying to get some column inches because in reality no one cares who she is

Well i would be very concerned if she was making it up. Her mental health would have to be questioned if she was making it up.

None of us know her personally so i guess all we can do is take her word for it? 

Edited by Demitri_C

39 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

She shouldnt be getting death threats period over this in my view. She is entitled to have her opinion whether we agree or not. 

The last thing society needs is everyone to express their opinion on things. What message does that say? Just getting gagged. This world would be a very boring place if there was not debates on things

Well it’s a good job I never said she can’t share her opinion then isn’t it?

She’s completely free to do so and as far as I am aware she has done, hence why we’re discussing it.

What she isn’t free from is thr consequences of expressing those opinions. The quicker people learn that there are detrimental consequences to the words they choose to use the better.

Edited by Ingram85
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

She’s completely free to do so and as far as I am aware she has done, hence why we’re discussing it.

What she isn’t free from is thr consequences of expressing those opinions. The quicker people learn that there are detrimental consequences to the words they choose to use the better.

Ahhh, so no free speech unless you want to threatened with death.

If you are going to enter any sort of public forum or social media and have any sort of opinion on either side of any controversy, you will get random death threats. Highly highly unlikely to be credible.

If I post something on twitter tonight about a politician, or veganism, covid, or brexit then some random bot might threaten me. To complain about that, I might as well shout at passing buses.

That goes for everyone, that goes for Rangers fans tweeting about Celtic, Marxists posting on facebook about slave owner statues, Vettel fans, people that prefer cats to dogs.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

I didnt say you did i was just speaking generally 😃

Consequences should include detah threats. People that dosagree with her and want to debate with her thats fine. But it just seems way OTT 

While she should never receive death threats, I'm more interesting in the media's understanding of 'financial ruin'

She lives in a mansion in Wiltshire worth £1.5m-£2m (cost £1.1m over 10 years ago) as well as having another property in Gloucestershire she rents out. The last car I can find she drove was a a brand new Range Rover. 

She'll be ok. 

Dem, FY, Where have I said death threats are ok? The consequences part was about sponsors and companies cutting ties with people who share toxic opinions. **** read properly instead of twisting things I’ve said ffs. 

Edited by Ingram85

50 minutes ago, Xela said:

While she should never receive death threats, I'm more interesting in the media's understanding of 'financial ruin'

She lives in a mansion in Wiltshire worth £1.5m-£2m (cost £1.1m over 10 years ago) as well as having another property in Gloucestershire she rents out. The last car I can find she drove was a a brand new Range Rover. 

She'll be ok. 

She was interviewing Adam Peaty at the Commonwealth games for the BBC yesterday so I don’t think she’s struggling that much for work.

The swimmer was accused of talking the Games down, as Peaty boldly said in a post-swim interview on BBC: 'It doesn't feel amazing, but it doesn't feel bad either.'

The BBC interviewer Sharron Davies was notably taken aback by Peaty’s approach and tried to usher him into a respectable answer as she suggested he will want to win as ‘it’s the one you missed out on’. 

However, Peaty’s comment once again suggested he thinks little of the Commonwealth Games.

Daily Heil story about Adam Peaty being arrogant

1 hour ago, Ingram85 said:

Dem, FY, Where have I said death threats are ok? The consequences part was about sponsors and companies cutting ties with people who share toxic opinions. **** read properly instead of twisting things I’ve said ffs. 

Ingram relax, not sure why your getting so wound up.I think your misunderstanding i havent said you did im speaking generally about death threats not being ok. The part i disagree with you was the part of your post where you said you cant expect to consequences when you say things.

Yes people can disagree/argue your point  but not sure why her comments warrant such distressing comments fro people? Its not like she has said a racial slur. These people are bullies and cowards. 

13 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

So anything other than complete and total support for all trans matters is toxic? 

14 hours ago, Xela said:

She'll be ok. 

My first thought was she could always do Only Friends if things were that bad 🤞

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

If you are going to enter any sort of public forum or social media and have any sort of opinion on either side of any controversy, you will get random death threats. Highly highly unlikely to be credible.

If I post something on twitter tonight about a politician, or veganism, covid, or brexit then some random bot might threaten me. To complain about that, I might as well shout at passing buses.

That goes for everyone, that goes for Rangers fans tweeting about Celtic, Marxists posting on facebook about slave owner statues, Vettel fans, people that prefer cats to dogs.

Maybe I have no controversial views but never once had a death threat in Twitter etc. Perhaps I need to mention a K-pop band look like middle aged lesbians. That might tip the scales. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Lot of people on here dead set on twisting @Ingram85's words into something he didn't say.

His point is really really simple. If you don't get it then read his **** posts

I think ive explained it a couple times so not sure how you have come to that conclusion if your referring to me.

11 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

Cheers @Stevo985

I’ll reiterate it here for people who may have reading difficulties or spiders in their brains. 

Death threats are not ok, ever. Anyone who sends them are abhorrent people. 

Sharon Davies should never have to experience receiving death threats.

What she has also experienced - and what the article is mostly about - are companies and charities severing ties with her because they disagree with her views. That’s their right to do so. 

She hasn’t been silenced or cancelled. We have heard and read her views, we will continue to do so because she has a right to air them. Which is a good thing.

What people aren’t realising is that there are consequences to the act of airing those views. Sometimes the consequences aren’t positive for those individuals. In this case, companies and charities dropping her.

Nowhere have I condoned death threats as an acceptable consequence because clearly they aren’t. But being dropped by charities and companies choosing not to work with you anymore is a real life consequence to airing controversial views. 

Which was the whole point I was making. 

You are free to have any view in the world, good or bad or anything in between. You are also free to publicly air them. But you are not free from real life consequences such as losing your job if your employer deems those views detrimental to their public image and break their policies which form your terms of employment.

Again for the third time i did not say you condone death threats!! I have not said that once ! 😃

Thanks for clarifying  your position. My position is that yes you will get some cowards who will will hide behind their computers with the death threats. Thats the world we are in now unfortunately.  So i actually think we agree on that .

Companies dropping her thats down to them we cant control that. I think its OTT to be honest as its a debate that will go on and on. I actually with alot of your post so not sure how we got here as it seems we are on the same side on this debate 

13 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I think ive explained it a couple times so not sure how you have come to that conclusion if your referring to me.

Your last post before I posted said 

13 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Yes people can disagree/argue your point  but not sure why her comments warrant such distressing comments fro people?

Which implies Ingram was condoning abusive comments aimed at Davies. 

He wasn’t 

4 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Your last post before I posted said 

Which implies Ingram was condoning abusive comments aimed at Davies. 

He wasn’t 

Your wrong as i didnt say he was. If i did i would have said "why her comments are so distressing for you"

I said people as in the people abusing her. 

15 hours ago, Xela said:

She'll be ok. 

Did you not read it? Her INHERITANCE is running out. Have some mercy you cold-hearted man

• Like 1

Â