Winter transfer window 2020/1

barry'sboots

48 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Nobody is paying 40 million in this window for a player 

Even if clubs can afford to the optics would look bad ... But if a player becomes available at a reduced rate due to the pandemics impact who could take you to the next level (hopefully) and it is within your budget it’s tricky situation and call to make. 

3 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Can’t believe we missed out on Haller, a 20m steal 😂😂😂😂😂

What does Ajax see in him to fork out 20m...god knows!

He'll probably be good value for them - will bang in 30 goals a season and get sold at a profit, I imagine

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, nick76 said:

he scored lots of goals in the Dutch league before and had a good record in Germany. Maybe what could West Ham not see in him

• Like 1

15 hours ago, MaVilla said:

true, but rather than free wouldnt he cost 5 trillion bazillion quid cus Real Madrid?!

He's been on loan at Villareal but hardly played as they've got plenty of good players in final third. Did well at Mallorca last year so they'd certainly loan him out somewhere else.

7 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

He's been on loan at Villareal but hardly played as they've got plenty of good players in final third. Did well at Mallorca last year so they'd certainly loan him out somewhere else.

Getafe claims he's on his way to them on loan.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

I think he's a good player tbh. Hasn't worked out for him at West Ham but he'll be fine elsewhere imo. 

I would have liked to have seen him in a Villa shirt at that price tbh. :hides:

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

Carney's brother Caleb Chukwuemeka, being linked with a move away from Northampton again, Club Brugge and Norwich supposedly interested, and an 'unnamed premier league club'. We were linked in the summer, still hasn't signed a deal with them.

4 hours ago, PieFacE said:

I think he's a good player tbh. Hasn't worked out for him at West Ham but he'll be fine elsewhere imo. 

I would have liked to have seen him in a Villa shirt at that price tbh. :hides:

definitely would have been a good signing, I dont think any David Moyes team ever had a brilliant centre forward. Not so long ago he was on the brink of the France squad, the World champions

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Zatman said:

definitely would have been a good signing, I dont think any David Moyes team ever had a brilliant centre forward. Not so long ago he was on the brink of the France squad, the World champions

Yeah West Ham just didn't know what to do with him or how to play him. Could kinda see that in how Haller played for them.

Think he's proven to be a good player elsewhere, and will go on to continue being a good player. 

31 minutes ago, useless said:

Carney's brother Caleb Chukwuemeka, being linked with a move away from Northampton again, Club Brugge and Norwich supposedly interested, and an 'unnamed premier league club'. We were linked in the summer, still hasn't signed a deal with them.

Who’s the better of the two? Carney is held in pretty high regard isn’t he? 

I've no idea who's the better, have only seen highlights of Caleb, he looks a good player. I haven't seen heaps of our U23's games but from what I have seen Carney looks like our most naturally gifted player at that level since Grealish.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, useless said:

Nice easy one to sign if we really want him you'd suspect.

So now we have Wesley close to returning and  Barry showing he can offer something at this level , guess we can tick strikers off the list and decide if we spunk £40m on a midfielder or a defender in Jan :) 

• Like 1

Callum Rowe looked very very very good at LB too. Held his own against Salah for large periods of the game. Mings guiding him and SJM and Luiz protecting him and Jack in front he can definitely do an excellent job deputising for Targett.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

Callum Rowe looked very very very good at LB too. Held his own against Salah for large periods of the game. Mings guiding him and SJM and Luiz protecting him and Jack in front he can definitely do an excellent job deputising for Targett.

Yeah, tbh, i thought Rowe looked very good tonight, although he is 21 so its not like he's an u18 or even young u23 player, but if Rowe can step up to replace Taylor as left back backup, then Kesler at RB as as Cash's backup, that will be a couple of squad slots we dont need to invest in immediately tbh.

Will give us more money to spend elsewhere, where its really needed.

I know there is a lot of hype around Barry after his goal, but i think he probably needs another 12 months development, although the talent is obviously there, i think he would benefit from a championship loan in the same way Elliot has this season at Blackburn, Mount did at Derby etc, i would loan Barry out to a champ club for 1 season, then look to integrate him in to the squad.

I also think Sylla looked like a bit of a player, and his physical attributes are already there, would loan him out also tbh for a season.

Obviously both would have to get the right loan clubs though, where they get ample game time.

• Like 2