Winter transfer window 2020/1

barry'sboots

4 minutes ago, thunderball said:

I think we have plenty of room, it’s rolled up for two years so we could blow it all this year if we wanted. Getting into Europe would pay down the credit? But I don’t think our owners are gamblers so I doubt it. But we do have wriggle room if needed

I’ll take your word for it, I have absolutely no idea how FFP works to be totally honest. I get the not exceeding losses part over 3 seasons etc but not on working out if we have the wiggle room 👍

6 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

I said in the summer I think we held some back and still think that but we are missing out on about £1m a home game on revenue at the moment and I just don’t see fans back in stadiums before near the end of the season.

Add to that complications with the market and COVID, new visa rules and the fact we’ve only one glaring hole in terms of another striker I just think it will be quiet.

We’ve a number of players that will be off in the summer so we’ve another mini rebuild to do then so think they’ll wait.

I wonder if they had planned for the loss of revenue and assumed they would miss out for the whole season. 

would be interested to know whether the loss of revenue would be excluded from profit and loss accounts as then a lot of clubs would be at risk of breaching it then I would imagine.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Loxstock92 said:

I wonder if they had planned for the loss of revenue and assumed they would miss out for the whole season. 

would be interested to know whether the loss of revenue would be excluded from profit and loss accounts as then a lot of clubs would be at risk of breaching it then I would imagine.

I don’t think any club expected to still have no fans in the stadium at this point I’d imagine they would have made allowances for it.

With FFP extended across two years then they’ll have the chance to balance things out. I suspect the summer window will be a quieter one than normal, clubs that are in a position to spend could well really benefit.

22 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

I don’t think any club expected to still have no fans in the stadium at this point I’d imagine they would have made allowances for it.

With FFP extended across two years then they’ll have the chance to balance things out. I suspect the summer window will be a quieter one than normal, clubs that are in a position to spend could well really benefit.

When there was strong talk about giving new contracts to Mings, McGinn and Luiz in the summer I wondered whether we were holding some money back to buy out the clause with Man City for Luiz as well.  I hope so anyway.  I can't see much movement other than loan-to-buys this January otherwise, there is too much uncertainty out there.

I can see us signing 2/3 players myself spending £16mill max... I think we will get a challenger for the 1st XI obvs being striker, or...? Then a young LB to groom as Taylor’s successor ( Omar Richards or Matthew Sorinola??) and then either Joey Gudmundson’s son or the young Norwegian Mannsverk who was linked today in midfield.

For strikers down to Lockdown 3.0 boredom Ive found myself watching RB Salzburg’s games and a player who has caught the eye and is IMO more realistic target than Daka is Mërgim Berisha German  U21 Int with 7/10 to Daka 8/8 goals this season.

With Daka likely destined for Leipzig... If it wasn’t for FŪčkìńg Brexit🤔😬...

26 minutes ago, Awol said:

Gonna talk daft here, but can Arsenal keep both Saka and Tierney happy? I’d take either of them. 

Don't think they really play the same position, or at least won't be long-term despite Saka having played at left wing back for them. He's more of an attacker (and has flourished playing off the right recently anyway) and Tierney a defender, great players but can't see us getting the likes of either for a while yet.

24 minutes ago, Indigo said:

Don't think they really play the same position, or at least won't be long-term despite Saka having played at left wing back for them. He's more of an attacker (and has flourished playing off the right recently anyway) and Tierney a defender, great players but can't see us getting the likes of either for a while yet.

Thought they were both LB primarily but Saka being played further forward at the moment. 

Maybe not realistic but either would be a great addition. 

I get the feeling that there are some deals we'll do, players that we want, but are staying cool and won't be held over a barrel. I think theres a feeling the squad is decent and we'll take another step up in the Summer, so if the deals can be done on reasonable terms, we'll do them. If not, fine.

Now, I'm OK with that. However we could do with doubling down on this position we're in. At least 2 more quality players could get us top 6 or even top 4. Then we could really push on, keep Jack happy and have a proper go.

You see Deans reluctance to use the bench and its obvious the squad is not deep in quality and thus we obviously still need players. Trez, Wesley and Barkley coming back will realy help too.

A rapid striker, box to box mid and left back cover could make all the difference.

12 hours ago, thabucks said:

Julian Brandt fee set at £22 million according the BS Click Bait Red tops .... He is the next level in terms of quality of signings, covers CAM & LW and the sort of signing I expect is to target over the next 12-18 months ...

Another Julian worth targeting IMO is Julian Weigl. He is a weird case as was wanted by Europe’s elite yet ended up at Benfica and could be on the move again. 

Julian could be the new Jordan ... sign all the Julian’s ! 

Brandt stats are very good and he’s only 24, for 22m it’s smells like a nice deal.

12 hours ago, thabucks said:

Julian Brandt fee set at £22 million according the BS Click Bait Red tops .... He is the next level in terms of quality of signings, covers CAM & LW and the sort of signing I expect is to target over the next 12-18 months ...

Another Julian worth targeting IMO is Julian Weigl. He is a weird case as was wanted by Europe’s elite yet ended up at Benfica and could be on the move again. 

Julian could be the new Jordan ... sign all the Julian’s ! 

Brandt stats are very good and he’s only 24, for 22m it’s smells like a nice deal.

12 hours ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Clueless. Why would they sell their best player for ~£20m in January to "survive" when it has a good chance of costing them at least £100m by missing out on promotion? It's not like they'll be desperate for working capital as they spent f all last year.

Which part of Norwich are a selling club can you not grasp?

21 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

Which part of Norwich are a selling club can you not grasp?

The part where you seem to think it's a fact they will sell him this window just because you wrote it.

Which part of us being fans talking online that are only putting forward our opinions are you struggling with?