Winter transfer window 2020/1

barry'sboots

59 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

On season long loan at Juve and has been starting regularly. And of course they have Ronaldo who will always play when he's 100% fit so just feels like stockpiling for no reason.

Actuallly feel Dzeko to Milan would be the start move as Ibra has missed a few games in recent weeks and they lack a backup striker with that type of profile.

Milan wanted him from Wolfsburg years ago I don't think they're in for him now though. Milik to Roma looks pretty much done regardless of whether Dzeko stays or goes. Dzeko is 35 so maybe he stays till the summer and then looks for a last contract somewhere.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

Dzeko has scored pretty much 80 goals in 150 games for Roma so he's been a big hit there.

Was a decent striker at Man. City aswell although more in rotation with the others as said.

If he was out of favour at Roma and they were looking to move him on he'd be an amazing pick up on an 18 month deal although many clubs would be after him.

Waiting to see who Wolves pick up as the short term Jimenez replacement so that should give indication as to level of player we can target this window.

First couple of years he missed a lot of chances and didn't immediately win people over here, I can remember saying it was weird as he was lethal at City off the bench to try and prove he was worth a start and people not thinking he was much cop. He's not out of favour, I think Roma have been aware since Schick didn't work out that they need a plan for after Dzeko.

1 minute ago, romavillan said:

First couple of years he missed a lot of chances and didn't immediately win people over here, I can remember saying it was weird as he was lethal at City off the bench to try and prove he was worth a start and people not thinking he was much cop. He's not out of favour, I think Roma have been aware since Schick didn't work out that they need a plan for after Dzeko.

Think thats Dzeko though, he will always get a good goal tally but misses a lot of easy chances as well. He should have got Lewandowski numbers regularly

• Like 1

Roma is pretty good rehab place for players who've lost their way in premier league. Veretout been excellent there as we know and every game I've seen them play this season Mikhitayran has either been scoring or assisting.

Smalling did well last season but been injured since they got him permanetly and Pedro also there although not sure how well he's done.

They've changed their model as 3-4 years before it was all about finding players under 25 from around the world.

6 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Roma is pretty good rehab place for players who've lost their way in premier league. Veretout been excellent there as we know and every game I've seen them play this season Mikhitayran has either been scoring or assisting.

Smalling did well last season but been injured since they got him permanetly and Pedro also there although not sure how well he's done.

They've changed their model as 3-4 years before it was all about finding players under 25 from around the world.

Salah carved out a solid career after his stopover there :D 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TRO said:

we have to pay though the nose, there.

How much do we think Henry would be? Right age, worked with Smith twice, links up well with Watkins judging from the clips, competition for Targett. Seems like a very good fit.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, KB_Villan said:

How much do we think Henry would be? Right age, worked with Smith twice, links up well with Watkins judging from the clips, competition for Targett. Seems like a very good fit.

In the real world given what we paid for Cash = £15m

In Brentford land = £20 to 25m +

• Like 3

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

New owner is more serious, I like Fonseca he has got the best out of Mikhitayran who has been awesome. Veretout is the heartbeat of the team, lovely player. Smalling I was well dubious about but he has been outstanding mostly. They've been unlucky with the Zanaiolo injury as well as Smalling, Zanaiolo if he can stay injury free will be quite the player. If the new owners don't fall down the mafia and new stadium building hole and get the football side right first things are looking up.

On Rico Henry, I think that would be a great signing, and something (if Guilbert is going) we should look to do on the right as well in terms of age and potential. Then we'd have the keeper and back four (minus one CB if Engles goes) pretty well sorted out longish term. That would be **** amazing. 

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Think thats Dzeko though, he will always get a good goal tally but misses a lot of easy chances as well. He should have got Lewandowski numbers regularly

Yeah he divided opinion for ages because of that, but you can't argue with his numbers and he's done it in a Roma well below the levels of the regular CL qualification Roma for a decade or so before.

11 minutes ago, omariqy said:

I’d be shocked if we sign anyone of note 

i'll be shocked if any club signs anyone of note. with new covid restrictions etc i'm predicting a very quiet window

with regards to us, smith has said that we'll only spend if someone becomes available but will not be forcing the issue. basically we get offered someone on the cheap we might have a look but unlikely

2 hours ago, Steero113 said:

In the real world given what we paid for Cash = £15m

In Brentford land = £20 to 25m +

I get some people think he’s decent but for that price you can buy the proven product.

you only want the absolute top championship talents.

5 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Saw Marc Albrighton near Moor Hall earlier today, does he still live over here?

Believe he lives in streetly or nearby....well, according to a mutual mate but that was about 9 months ago

• Thanks 1