Winter transfer window 2020/1

barry'sboots

4 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

You might be slightly out of step in that I’m a fan and not part of our scouting set up. However I’m still aware that our analytical team hasn’t been put in place to asses goal and assist stats. 😎

I’m sure you’re right in that the data analysis conducted at the club is a tad more sophisticated than us bunch of chancers are looking at. I bloody hope so anyway! 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

I’m sure you’re right in that the data analysis conducted at the club is a tad more sophisticated than us bunch of chancers are looking at. I bloody hope so anyway! 

These days I think they are, in the past I’m not so sure...

Just now, TrentVilla said:

These days I think they are, in the past I’m not so sure...

I’d agree our entrance into the modern football world is definitely a new experience.

Deadly was still lauding the old BMH even when it was 30 years old. Finally NSWE have kicked us into 2020, bypassing the end of the last millennium and the first 20 years of this one. Better late than never. 😀

• Like 2

Just now, Lichfield Dean said:

What's this then Stan? (Deleted tweet so I copied the text)

Stan Collymore @StanColly... · 2m

Diego Costa living in Cannock.

Please God, let this happen.

Read Wolves are interested

Edited by a-k

11 minutes ago, Lichfield Dean said:

34 minutes ago, Lichfield Dean said:

Got wolves written all over that. 

6 minutes ago, Lichfield Dean said:

Yep, I guess so. Hence the Cannock thing. Really wouldn't want him at Villa!

@Zatman just mentioned in other football that Mendes is his agent. 

They have the young kid they spent on big on, and I'm sure no-one really knows yet when/if Jimenez will return, so a short term deal for someone would make a lot of sense.

As I've said before though, I don't follow European football so I'd have no idea at all what sort of player he is these days. 

Edited by av1

25 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

can see Costa going to Wolves on a 6 months contract and his agent rinsing wolves for more bags of money

Corrected.

Edited by av1

2 hours ago, rbcuk said:

How about Patson Daka from Salzburg, as we need another striker, he’s young and scores a fair few from what I’ve seen he looks like he’s only going to get better

He is ridiculous player, thought e would have moved to a big club last summer.

Lightning quick too.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Lightning quick too.

And RB Leipzig probably doesn't have room for him atm so he won't be moving there (this window). Would be a great signing.

15 hours ago, paul514 said:

If you had another 85 million (what we spent in the summer) who would you buy?

Tyler Adams 

Krystian Bielik

Possibly Emile Smith Rowe (I mention him a lot... I don't know if Arsenal would sell but he is one whom definitely interests me)

This one is probably unrealistic, but rumors are that Lampard could get sacked -- Mason Mount (or one of the many other "attacking mids" they have.

Left Back is a very tough position for us imo. We definitely need someone who can cover (maybe a full fledged backup). Someone mentioned it (i forget who) but we shouldn't be going out to sign backups, we should be signing players to first team roles that knock the current player to the bench. I just don't know who would buy for a 'reasonable' price that is an immediate upgrade. Rico Henry gets mentioned a lot but I don't know if 1. He's an immediate upgrade on Targett, and 2. would be worth the price that Brentford would want for him. (i also have mentioned a few times that he is a SHA fan as well)

36 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Lightning quick too.

Exactly, the midfielder Szoboszlai thats just gone to Leipzig from Salzburg is another one that looks class 

3 minutes ago, rbcuk said:

Exactly, the midfielder Szoboszlai thats just gone to Leipzig from Salzburg is another one that looks class 

And adeyemi, ongeune, okafor and maybe wober even though he's bounced around a bit already 

If all of them get 2/3 years game time then feed in to Leipzig then they could have one hell of a team... Which will finish 2nd and then get cherry picked by bayern...