Winter transfer window 2020/1

barry'sboots

Zinchenko is player that's played 73 times for one of the best teams in Europe in the last three seasons, Man City won 23 games in a row with him in the side. I like Targett, but Zinchenko wouldn't come here as his back up, he'll go to a decent team, and as first choice.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, useless said:

Zinchenko is player that's played 73 times for one of the best teams in Europe in the last three seasons, Man City won 23 games in a row with him in the side. I like Targett, but Zinchenko wouldn't come here as his back up, he'll go to a decent team, and as first choice.

He won’t leave City in January, next to no chance. 

Time to start hoovering up the best teenagers in the country for me and not only that introducing them and playing them.

We are in a luxurious position now of being able to give people game time in a no pressurized environment and players should be looking at us as the place to be.

1 hour ago, BG_Villa_Fan said:

Smith has said multiple times that he doesn't want to stockpile players. They may replace some players from the squad like Engels, but their plan seems to be to buy starters, not squad players. I'd really like Zinchenko or Basham in the summer, as they can cover multiple positions. It'll be interesting how they approach the next transfer windows now that we have a pretty good and obvious first 11. 

I don’t think the players I mentioned are automatic squad players they are both players who can genuinely challenge and might be better than cash and Traore.

1 hour ago, Steero113 said:

The thickest logic perhaps i've ever heard.

Its real money we're talking about, not monopoly

Buy where we actually need it.

Perhaps that says more about you than me, we need an improved squad of players for competition, improvement, injuries and suspensions

1 hour ago, Steero113 said:

I think most of us on here were pretty bemused when we bought Cash this season, given we felt were far more urgent positions for us to address - but that's worked out pretty well for us in the end.

50 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Time to start hoovering up the best teenagers in the country for me and not only that introducing them and playing them.

We are in a luxurious position now of being able to give people game time in a no pressurized environment and players should be looking at us as the place to be.

Barry, shakpoke, chrisene you can argue that we are already trying to do that, throw in swinkels and bogarde too

Trying to buy 18/19 year olds will come with a bigger risk, I don't think the value is there, the majority of them are already at big clubs, whether or not we could tempt the likes of madueke, Griffiths, amaechi, panzo etc back to the UK who knows 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Steero113 said:

That's why he said "for the right price"

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

He won’t leave City in January, next to no chance. 

Very strong rumours in the press this week that Zinchenko could be off. West Ham apparently in pole position but three other clubs interested.....

Edited by rayk

4 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I've never really been impressed by Zinchenko when I've seen him play tbh. Granted, I haven't really paid too much attention to him.

I know what you mean but it’s kind of hard for him to ‘shine’ when in a team of truly world class players.

I think he’d be a quality signing given he’s only just approaching 25 and his ability to play CM/DCM/LCM as well.

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

whether or not we could tempt the likes of madueke, Griffiths, amaechi, panzo etc back to the UK who knows 

I think that’s exactly what we should be doing. The kids you mentioned in the academy are generally 12-18 months younger than the likes of Maduke, Amaechi, Panzo and Matondo (who I mentioned the other day).

I know 12-18 months doesn’t sound a lot but the difference between a 17/18 year old and a 19/20 year old is huge.

So I think there is space for 1 or 2 of the names you mentioned in our first team squad.....and maybe we loan them back out to the selling club for the remainder of the season but see the benefit next season.

I’m not sure if people would agree on that, but I’d look at Pepe as Arsenal don’t seem to want him. We might get him with a very good price. He has potential but his mind doesn’t seem right. With him and what Traoré is currently doing, I think we’ll somehow have sorted our wide areas. It could be some risk but the potential is there. 
We’ve tried it with Barkley and it seems working. A player in the right age who’s having confidence issue or not preffered at those clubs could be an answer and smart buy. We’ve got Targett out of Southampton in a similar way. Mings too. 

5 hours ago, MentalM said:

:D He is scoring, I am already sold and he is from our favorite club to buy players from. 

Lets buy him for 40 million, and you can get a better one for 10 as you usually do :( 

We really need to go up this season as he is going to end up top goal scorer in the championship bar any injuries.I’ve been very impressed with his all round play he’s a monster and proper target man with an excellent touch.Def can step up to Premier league and succeed as well as Oli has.

1 hour ago, rayk said:

Very strong rumours in the press this week that Zinchenko could be off. West Ham apparently in pole position but three other clubs interested.....

We need a left back before next season, can’t say I have ever noticed him play though.

8 minutes ago, Brentfordnylons said:

We really need to go up this season as he is going to end up top goal scorer in the championship bar any injuries.I’ve been very impressed with his all round play he’s a monster and proper target man with an excellent touch.Def can step up to Premier league and succeed as well as Oli has.

I am rooting for you ❤️ Hope you understood that it was a joke :D

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, rayk said:

Is there? I don’t read any of the transfer stuff in the press as about 95% is absolute guff. We shall see I guess but I’d be very surprised if City sell players in Jan.

7 hours ago, sne said:

As a Villa fan I absolutely agree. Outside of the UK and to most active players I think we are pretty much an unknown still thou.

But we should be a lot easier to sell to players and agents compared to 12 months ago.

I think we are a lot more known than last season. Grealish has been making headlines in the big media outlets in Italy and Spain this season