Bertrand Traoré

Delphinho123

Gets injured EVERY time he goes on international duty ffs.

Aston Villa will assess injured Bertrand Traore

The Burkina Faso captain has returned to the UK for treatment after suffering a muscle tear in Sunday’s 3-1 Africa Cup of Nations qualifying defeat to Cape Verde.

Aston Villa will assess injured Bertrand Traore | Express & Star (expressandstar.com)

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Gets injured EVERY time he goes on international duty ffs.

Aston Villa will assess injured Bertrand Traore

The Burkina Faso captain has returned to the UK for treatment after suffering a muscle tear in Sunday’s 3-1 Africa Cup of Nations qualifying defeat to Cape Verde.

Aston Villa will assess injured Bertrand Traore | Express & Star (expressandstar.com)

Absolute disaster also rules out a potential move or the other option of utilising him in cup games and Europe . 

2 hours ago, Tom13 said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CuC2QtjIFhp/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

I don't know why the first pic makes me laugh so much, not sure if it's cos it looks like everyone's there for Bertie, and he just looks as chilled as ever, or if it's cos he looks like he's been superimposed into the pic. Either way though - 🤣

Need to get Bernie in there next to him.

• 2 weeks later...

It’s not going to happen here is it?

Bertie is one of the most naturally gifted players to grace our shores, I won’t claim that he has always covered himself in glory  but he is insanely talented, mercurial, bewildering and at times - pure elegance to watch and for these reasons I’d keep him.

Bailey doesn’t excite me, anywhere near so much and personally I would let him go.

But I fear it’s over for our magic man ☹️☹️

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

When's his contract up though?

He’s in his last year… can’t really see any takers and he would be a useful member of the squad and be able to offer contributions in different competitions for us this season.

Can’t see him getting a new deal (you never know though, if he can impress he’ll give himself a chance)…

It was only one start/game, but I was really disappointed in his performance vs Wolves. He had a real chance to prove himself and impress but totally wasted it… although the whole side was “off it” but he was arguably the worst player on the pitch that day.

We could see an improved BT after a preseason and the coaching/guidance of Unai… he hadn’t reached the level of his debut season with us so may have more to offer…

Like rodders has stated above, wanted him back and he contributed but we can’t be too sentimental and need to keep pushing forwards and enhancing our quality. We’ve got to show ambition and progress and some players will be left behind (moved on)…

Always been a fan and will wish him well…

Tempted to say he could shock everyone… 🤣 he has such talent and magic in him…

But I think his time with us is nearing its end, don’t think he was treated and respected as well as he could have been and deserved tbh…

I’ll never forget his contributions in the lockdown season, fantastic pieces of skill and incredible goals. A proper entertainer.

2 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

He’s in his last year… can’t really see any takers and he would be a useful member of the squad and be able to offer contributions in different competitions for us this season.

Can’t see him getting a new deal (you never know though, if he can impress he’ll give himself a chance)…

It was only one start/game, but I was really disappointed in his performance vs Wolves. He had a real chance to prove himself and impress but totally wasted it… although the whole side was “off it” but he was arguably the worst player on the pitch that day.

We could see an improved BT after a preseason and the coaching/guidance of Unai… he hadn’t reached the level of his debut season with us so may have more to offer…

Like rodders has stated above, wanted him back and he contributed but we can’t be too sentimental and need to keep pushing forwards and enhancing our quality. We’ve got to show ambition and progress and some players will be left behind (moved on)…

Always been a fan and will wish him well…

Tempted to say he could shock everyone… 🤣 he has such talent and magic in him…

But I think his time with us is nearing its end, don’t think he was treated and respected as well as he could have been and deserved tbh…

I’ll never forget his contributions in the lockdown season, fantastic pieces of skill and incredible goals. A proper entertainer.

Ah, there's no point loaning him out then.

Probably my favourite player to watch, technically superb, but you're right, he threw his opportunity away with that shocker against Wolves. Can't argue with it sadly.

Barring a miracle I can't see him being part of our future plans now 😢

1 minute ago, Tom13 said:

Ah, there's no point loaning him out then.

Probably my favourite player to watch, technically superb, but you're right, he threw his opportunity away with that shocker against Wolves. Can't argue with it sadly.

Barring a miracle I can't see him being part of our future plans now 😢

If we retain him, he has a chance…

You would think he’d go all out to impress and try and warrant a new deal…

It’s up to him really… unless the club is wanting to offload him now, he can put the effort in and show what he can do… hope he makes the most of it.

• Like 1

Â