Bertrand Traoré

Delphinho123

4 minutes ago, ChesterDad said:

I actually believe he has more natural talent than Jack - he has things in his locker that are quite simply world class - but like most wingers he is consistently inconsistent - but as long as he gets minutes I don’t mind. Has to be coming on over Bailey going forward - yes he will frustrate us, but he will also provide exquisite moments like yesterday - I am so happy for him, and so humble too.

We’ll look back with time and realise how lucky we are to witness him in a Villa shirt 

I agree with this too. Not as good or consistent as Grealish obviously, but in terms of pure technique and skill he has more.

• Like 1

I was always baffled as to why Berty was allowed to go out on loan.

His injury issues are obviously frustrating but I have always rated his technique. That composed finish v Albion demonstrated his composure.

It’ll be interesting to see what happens with his contract. He’s only 27.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mark_1989 said:

I was always baffled as to why Berty was allowed to go out on loan.

His injury issues are obviously frustrating but I have always rated his technique. That composed finish v Albion demonstrated his composure.

It’ll be interesting to see what happens with his contract. He’s only 27.

He had one injury ravaged season, but his first season with us he played in 36/37 league games. I do feel his injury issues are a little exaggerated.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Tom13 said:

So Traore confirmed in his BBC interview (MOTD) that there was a problem with the previous manager. God I hate that guy.

What he said after also kind of confirmed what people were inferring from the celebration of the players after the game. They all knew he'd been hard done by. It's one thing not being deemed good enough after being given multiple chances, but it seemed like something more with Gerrard. I think it was a similar thing with El Ghazi.

The guy was coming back from a bad injury. A couple of sub appearances here and there won't tell you much, especially when he lacks match fitness. Dude just decided he didn't like him. I wonder if we'll ever find out why. It can't have been related to his ability.

• Like 1

One thing that Bailey has over Bert is that he's quicker and younger. Plus has 2 years left on his contract. I'd still say it'll be Bert who moves on this summer with a left footed winger signed 

19 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

One thing that Bailey has over Bert is that he's quicker and younger. Plus has 2 years left on his contract. I'd still say it'll be Bert who moves on this summer with a left footed winger signed 

He's not quicker, and even if he is it's marginal at best.

2 hours ago, MWARLEY2 said:

I remember Carragher saying that Steve E would make up his mind about if a player is any good in the first 5 mins of a training session.  Again  just shows how ill equipped he was for us . 

I think it was Crouch but yeah sums up his ineptness

3 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

He's not quicker, and even if he is it's marginal at best.

Bailey is quicker running with the ball at his feet. Bertie is less predictable in what he's going to do when he has the ball at his feet. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

Bailey is quicker running with the ball at his feet. Bertie is less predictable in what he's going to do when he has the ball at his feet. 

Yeah, Bailey's feet are really sharp at times, but I feel he does sometimes struggle to know how to beat a man. Feels like Traore has about 20 different ways to get past his marker.

4 hours ago, CVByrne said:

That would be a ridiculous move in my honest opinion: Bertie is way better than Bailey again imo 

• Like 2

Â