Bertrand Traoré

Delphinho123

1 hour ago, duke313 said:

I do wonder now why Gerrard sent him out on loan, he's proving now that he is the very definition of a 'moments of magic' type player.

Because SG was like a slippy bull in a china shop. Rocked up made a bunch of dubious decisions and got found out. Easy to say in hindsight of course as at the time wanted him to succeed but obviously turned out to be a horror show!

On 09/04/2023 at 21:57, Sulberto21 said:

Thanks for clearing that up. Evidently yesterday his poor positioning, tracking, 91% pass accuracy, cutting off passing lanes all contributed to the loss yesterday. 

He's quite obviously not good enough to be a first team player long term at the club.  It's debatable as to whether he should be now but he's at least an option to a woefully out of form Bailey.

Kudos for quoting passing accuracy on 11 passes by the way.  Loving that :D 

1 hour ago, duke313 said:

I do wonder now why Gerrard sent him out on loan, he's proving now that he is the very definition of a 'moments of magic' type player.

Think I recall Bert saying in the post-match that he had "problems" with the previous manager so I'm guessing a personality clash/failure to agree on training objectives etc.

7 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

Think I recall Bert saying in the post-match that he had "problems" with the previous manager so I'm guessing a personality clash/failure to agree on training objectives etc.

He was asked to stop the volleyed cross field balls across our own backline but refused from what i gather

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, bobzy said:

He's quite obviously not good enough to be a first team player long term at the club.  It's debatable as to whether he should be now but he's at least an option to a woefully out of form Bailey.

My response was to him being called a liability. NONE of our players are liabilities under Don Unai. Yes some are weaker than others and will fall by the wayside but to call Bert a liability when he has contributed to us winning 6 points is shortsighted imo. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, DJBOB said:

Can't imagine he'll be starting a match any time soon. 

But got a feeling Bertie's got a few more important contributions during this run-in.

He might have to, if Kamara still isn't fit and Bailey is out injured.

3 hours ago, bobzy said:

This makes me wonder if you are really suggesting that Bailey should stay and Bertie should leave ? Bailey is not out of form, he is not very good.

How many more chances do we afford him?  At least Bertie has something that sets him apart from others

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bobzy said:

Not bad cos' one of them led to the Shelvey error which he himself then scored from, and another (after a nice touch) led to Watkins in acres, the move which he eventually scored from.

Edited by Tom13

4 hours ago, ChesterDad said:

This makes me wonder if you are really suggesting that Bailey should stay and Bertie should leave ? Bailey is not out of form, he is not very good.

How many more chances do we afford him?  At least Bertie has something that sets him apart from others

I watched Bailey a bit in the Bundesliga and he looked genuine, absolute class. My early posts in this thread will say something like “this is a genuinely massive signing” etc.

I’ve never seen that with Traore. He’s just occasionally good.

Sometimes players just don’t work out at clubs, but the Bailey I’ve SEEN has unreal potential. I’d keep him over a Traore who is pretty unlikely to improve - not that he’s awful, but he’s just not good enough going forward. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bobzy said:

I watched Bailey a bit in the Bundesliga and he looked genuine, absolute class. My early posts in this thread will say something like “this is a genuinely massive signing” etc.

Sometimes players just don’t work out at clubs, but the Bailey I’ve SEEN has unreal potential. I’d keep him over a Traore who is pretty unlikely to improve - not that he’s awful, but he’s just not good enough going forward. 

But the Bundesliga is different to the PL? Has Bailey shown you enough in the PL?

Also, Traore's offensive output is very good at any level he's played at, so to say he's not good enough going forward is a bit of an odd comment IMO. He's always making things happen offensively. Yes he's not perfect, as he makes some odd decisions (bizarrely mainly in his own third), but he's a more intelligent footballer than Bailey. When a quick release is needed - Traore sees it, Bailey rarely does.

When Grealish was here, Traore was one of a few players who was usually on his wavelength.

• Like 2

To back this up, numbers at Villa (all comps)

Traore - one goal contribution every 169 minutes

Bailey - one goal contribution every 240 minutes

I'm not really sure how you can class Traore as 'not good enough going forward' yet want to persist with Bailey. Bailey has some good attributes, but his decision making often lets him down, as it's often awful.

Edited by Tom13
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Tom13 said:

Although I now think you may have meant going forward as in the future, not going forward on the pitch 😂

Yeah, I was going to say - I think you got the wrong end of the stick there!

Personally I’d like to see Traore get a few starts under Emery. Plenty of our other players have looked better than they’ve ever been under him.

22 hours ago, bobzy said:

Bailey might well have looked good in a league that is not as competitive as the prem. I am going to have to disagree in the strongest terms possible - Bertie is one of the most gifted players I have ever seen.

He is insanely brilliant with a dash of ridiculous audaciousness all rolled into one. Do you not recall his goal at the baggies or the way he left KBD on the floor at the Etihad ? Personally I’d bin Bailey tomorrow - he has had his chances as far as I am concerned and proved not up to the task. I see nothing in him, that suggests he will improve imo 

• Like 1

Â