Bertrand Traoré

Delphinho123

2 hours ago, LondonLax said:

We got the full Bertie experience yesterday. A maverick goal as well as a casual looping pass back towards our central defenders which gifted Forest a chance and Martinez had to rush out to nullify. 

I wonder what Emery will make of him next season. 

That second one really wound me up. Why does he do this! 

Credit to him for the 2 goals though. He’s playing his part after at one point looking like he’d never play again. Good on him.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, maqroll said:

Traore scoring 2 in 2 feels like a champagne buzz. It also makes me feel more angry at Gerrard for treating him like a pariah. I truly shudder when I think about Gerrard and the mountain of bullshit he heaped upon the club. 

At the time, I thought that his year of division and chaos had set the club back several years. He came close to just destroying the unity and feel good factor around the club. Genuinely the worst child manager in my lifetime.

It takes more than a colossal bellend to scupper Unai though!

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

That second one really wound me up. Why does he do this! 

His speciality is the volleyed cross field pass from a throw in that goes directly to the opposition striker. He’s done that like 4 times. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LondonLax said:

We got the full Bertie experience yesterday. A maverick goal as well as a casual looping pass back towards our central defenders which gifted Forest a chance and Martinez had to rush out to nullify. 

Everyone knows I'm a huge Traore fan but I never know why he does those 🤣🤦‍♂️

Weird that his two goals this week were so similar! 😮 In a similar place on the pitch, both passes directly to him from an opponent (as if he'd hypnotised them), both goals going in the bottom left corner.

9 minutes ago, Jono62 said:

His touch in the run up to the second goal was brilliant.

It was - and a quick release. He always releases it quickly if there's someone in a better position.

Edited by Tom13

10 hours ago, LondonLax said:

It's why he will not be more than a super-sub for us. Too much of a liability. Extremely thankful for his goals though.

Edited by nepal_villan
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, nepal_villan said:

It's why he will not be more than a super-sub for us. Too much of a liability. Extremely thankful for his goals though.

How many goals have the opposition scored as a direct result of Bertie? 

11 hours ago, kevpants said:

His speciality is the volleyed cross field pass from a throw in that goes directly to the opposition striker. He’s done that like 4 times. 

Not sure we have conceded from them so is well aware what he is doing😉

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

How many goals have the opposition scored as a direct result of Bertie? 

Liability doesn't only mean a defensive blunder. Positioning, tracking back, help-defense, making the right passes, etc. are all a part of it.  

1 minute ago, nepal_villan said:

Liability doesn't only mean a defensive blunder. Positioning, tracking back, help-defense, making the right passes, etc. are all a part of it.  

Thanks for clearing that up. Evidently yesterday his poor positioning, tracking, 91% pass accuracy, cutting off passing lanes all contributed to the loss yesterday. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Jono62 said:

His touch in the run up to the second goal was brilliant.

I'm hoping the L was to Gerrard and his sycophants in the media. Murphy looked angry when the subject was Villa on MOTD.

That’s just his face, always.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Jono62 said:

I'm hoping the L was to Gerrard and his sycophants in the media.

Oh, I hadn't thought of it like that. When I watched the highlights again today I wondered if that L shape he made was like a frame for his face, maybe like a mobile phone for a selfie? Daly and Dali do a celebration like that when they score.

Â