Emiliano Martínez

hippo

18 minutes ago, lexicon said:

For sure - it was deliberate from Martinez to disrupt things and waste time (classic Dibu shithousing tbf) but it wasn't a smart idea given how sour the atmosphere had turned and Bouba is suffering now. Are 3 points worth Kamara out for 3 games? Hard to say. 

Depends how those games go I’d imagine. I suppose a bigger squad is always handy. 

13 hours ago, ender4 said:

Are there actually any better goalkeepers in the Premier League over the last 15 months?

And before someone says Ederson and Allison, they have better defences in front of them so do they have to make so many difficult saves every match as much as Martinez.

Id say Allison and Ederson are both different keepers too, martinez is a bit quieter as the sweeper keeper but fully capable of it whereas with those 2 it's quite blatantly their forte, part of the better defence is the line and the positioning

Both of them are class though, Allison has a bad time when his dad died but he's in great form this year 

Nothing wrong with the conversation 

Personally I think both Brazilians are better with their feet but martinez is better with his hands and every team needs a keeper with great hands, only certain teams need keepers with great feet

Think sometimes his trolling backfires in that it can galvanise the crowd against us. But can't argue with his shot-stopping which was excellent again yesterday.

Surprised he's only got 3 yellows, thought he'd got a few for timewasting already. Just needs to be sensible in next match to make it impossible to reach 5 by game 19, could definitely do without him being suspended.

4 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Id say Allison and Ederson are both different keepers too, martinez is a bit quieter as the sweeper keeper but fully capable of it whereas with those 2 it's quite blatantly their forte, part of the better defence is the line and the positioning

Both of them are class though, Allison has a bad time when his dad died but he's in great form this year 

Personally I think both Brazilians are better with their feet but martinez is better with his hands and every team needs a keeper with great hands, only certain teams need keepers with great feet

Great feet for a gk are handy yes but great hands are vital. In my opinion of course. 

4 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Emi goes long the most often of the 3, but only slightly more often than ederson. He has as many touches per games as Alisson and more than ederson. He sweeps as often as Alisson and way more often than ederson. He stops crosses in a way those 2 don't, and his post shot xGA-G is higher than Both of them. 

Basically he's a better traditional keeper than them but is basically as good as them at what they do great. 

12 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Great feet for a gk are handy yes but great hands are vital. In my opinion of course. 

The greatest save of Emi's career (so far) was with his feet. 

20 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Emi goes long the most often of the 3, but only slightly more often than ederson. He has as many touches per games as Alisson and more than ederson. He sweeps as often as Alisson and way more often than ederson. He stops crosses in a way those 2 don't, and his post shot xGA-G is higher than Both of them. 

Basically he's a better traditional keeper than them but is basically as good as them at what they do great. 

I think it’s safe to say any team in the world would be happy if their number 1 keeper was any of these 3. Which is why I find it amazing that a team like Chelsea or United didn’t attempt to sign him in the summer. Maybe they enquired and we’re told to **** off.

32 minutes ago, switters said:

Surprised he's only got 3 yellows, thought he'd got a few for timewasting already. Just needs to be sensible in next match to make it impossible to reach 5 by game 19, could definitely do without him being suspended.

Konsa took a couple of his time-wasting yellows off him by pretending he was going to take a free kick and dithering over it

Emi's distribution has increased leaps and bounds. I don't think he'll hit the preferred heights under Unai (see Alex Remiro at Sociedad for some crazy build up passes) but he's a much better keeper than almost every other "build up" keeper.

The only one I'd rate as a better or equal shot stopper in the prem is Alisson but Alisson is also noticeably not as great as claiming in the air. Ederson is better with his feet but his shot stopping isn't nearly as good.

Courtois is probably the only other shot stopper and command of the box I'd rate with Emi.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I seen a picture sent around which looks like insta of him trying to pull up Maupay by his shirt with a comment ‘We never give up, boys showed big character today’

I can’t see it on there though. 

Oh no I love him even more now. 

If we win trophies I i could care less if everyone else hates us. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Rightdm00 said:

Oh no I love him even more now. 

If we win trophies I i could care less if everyone else hates us. 

Don’t understand that attitude but everyone to their own.

I don't understand how a player runs several yards to retrieve a ball and shoulder charges the goal keeper, without any need whatsoever, to do so, and receives very little criticism/redress for doing so.

That little runt, started all that, and slipped very conveniently under the radar....when the officials fail to address it, with any conviction....those that take the law in to their own hands, get the castigation. (we all know you shouldn't, but those that don't are a rare species, in a contact sport)

Its Shabby, officiating.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

It's easy to stand in judgement and say what Emi did was stupid.

But my blood boils with rage every time I see Maupay on a football pitch, even when he's not playing against the Villa, so I can't imagine how it feels as a player to have to play against that shitty, obnoxious, pox-ridden, troll-faced, limp-dicked, cowardly little reprobate in the flesh.

Personally I'd have probably done far worse than Emi, so I can only applaud him and the rest of the Villa team for their self-control.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, est1874 said:

It's easy to stand in judgement and say what Emi did was stupid.

But my blood boils with rage every time I see Maupay on a football pitch, even when he's not playing against the Villa, so I can't imagine how it feels as a player to have to play against that shitty, obnoxious, pox-ridden, troll-faced, limp-dicked, cowardly little reprobate in the flesh.

Personally I'd have probably done far worse than Emi, so I can only applaud him and the rest of the Villa team for their self-control.

There are some instances in life.....when you know you shouldn't do something.....but you do.

I would have done the same.

If we are saying, that Emi can be abused, and not respond, because officials are not doing their job.....I think that is a tough ask. Its something, I would never ask a man to do.

We are all bought up to defend ourselves, against aggressors, and we act in a way to deter them from abusing on multiple occasions.....In sport we have referees to arbitrate, such actions......They need to do their job, and be called out, when they don't.

Edited by TRO

Â