Emiliano Martínez

hippo

11 minutes ago, villanmac said:

He'll do what he did last season and make sure he isn't booked twice before the reset. The 5 card rule resets at 19 games anyway.

Martinez knows what he's doing, Kamara didn't

Here's hoping

4 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

i agree it was kamara's mistake and he is responsible for it, but Emi is also responsible for his stupid actions, and if a senior player in our team (Emi) hadnt acted like such a child, it wouldnt have escalated.

Emi should have acted like a leader, rather than a child, and Kamara should have controlled his own actions.

Of course. Saying Kamara is responsible for his own stupidity certainly doesn’t absolve Emi of his actions. I just think it’s kind of crazy to say Emi is at fault for Kamara getting sent off. None of the other players managed to get themselves sent off after Emi escalated it. That has to count for something, right?

Edited by Aston_Villan4

Just now, Aston_Villan4 said:

Of course. Saying Kamara is responsible for his own stupidity certainly doesn’t absolve Emi of his actions. I just think it’s kind of crazy to say Emi is at fault for Kamara getting sent off. None of the other players managed to get themselves sent off after Emi escalated it. That has to count for something, right?

yeah ofc, kamara is entirely responsible for his own actions, he was stupid.

But also, Emi 1 is one of our senior leaders, he also should never have allowed it to escalate and put the team in such a daft scenario.

Its just game intelligence or lack of it, 2-1 up, 11 vs 10, 3-4 mins to go, absolutely stupid to do what they did, both of em.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mantis said:

You blame him equally for Kamara choosing to put his hands near the throat of an opposition player? Do you not realise how nuts that sounds?

Yeah i do blame him and here is why its not "nuts"

The incident is completely avoidable. They have 10 men we are in control why go pull maupays shirt like that? We already knew there was bad blood after the ollie goal and mee red why cause another riot?

Kamara is 100% equally to blame too. I blame them both.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

Martinez wouldn’t be a quarter of the keeper if he didn’t have that madness in him.  We have to learn to live with it.  Most top keepers have it. 

Exactly.

I spent 2010-2018 desperately wanting our players to be passionate and to have a winning mentality... Just hoping we'd stop being such nice pushovers every week.

Now we finally have that and we're actually winning. We're **** ing title contenders! Bring it on. More for it.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Yeah i do blame him and here is why its not "nuts"

The incident is completely avoidable. They have 10 men we are in control why go pull maupays shirt like that? We already knew there was bad blood after the ollie goal and mee red why cause another riot?

Kamara is 100% equally to blame too. I blame them both.

You don't need to explain how Martinez contributed to escalating the situation, which I'm already aware of. It's nuts because ultimately Kamara was the one who got himself sent off by putting his hands where he did. The idea that he's "equally" to blame for what Kamara did is nonsensical.

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

Martinez wouldn’t be a quarter of the keeper if he didn’t have that madness in him.  We have to learn to live with it.  Most top keepers have it. 

Sorry I don’t agree - what he did in the first incident was both childish and worthy of a booking in my view.

Doesnt matter how good he is - personally I don’t like to see this. Imagine how we would have felt if it were the other way round? 
it’s just not necessary in my humble opinion.

That “ madnes “ you speak of is the reason why he will never be revered as a truly great keeper in many opposing fans eyes.

2 minutes ago, ChesterDad said:

Sorry I don’t agree - what he did in the first incident was both childish and worthy of a booking in my view.

Doesnt matter how good he is - personally I don’t like to see this. Imagine how we would have felt if it were the other way round? 
it’s just not necessary in my humble opinion.

That “ madnes “ you speak of is the reason why he will never be revered as a truly great keeper in many opposing fans eyes.

I understand what you’re saying but who cares about what other fans think.  Argentina and Aston Villa fans know he’s great and world class, id say thats all he cares about 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

Exactly this. He’s a psychopath. Somethings it overspills. Rough with the smooth kind of situation. 

2 hours ago, romavillan said:

He'd made his point, the second he starts pulling that dickhead up by the shirt he'd lost it. Not great.

It was stupid but if anyone DIDN’T think Emi has something of a screw loose I’d be surprised! Just got played by Maupay but he’s wound up enough people in his time and on the biggest stage…

Just now, Rightdm00 said:

Some of you never had a friend that was a keeper. They are all, at best, slightly crazy. Our's is crazier than most and I absolutely love him for it. 

All the best keepers I’ve ever played with are a bit off. 

Nice to have on your team, but always very intense. 

• Like 1

Â